World is Falling Apart Thread (Locked forever)

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: So the Islamic world is kind of falling apart...

Post by RCBH928 »

Well, everyone is safe as long as they are not around the protesters
the protesters are the danger source,

Thanks for everyone's feelings and care, trust me the situation is not as bad as it looks on tv.

@Hatta

I kind of understand your perspective on the situation
You must be thinking that people here are manipulated by the media
and the regime is evil, because we are a 3rd world country.

but I assure you this is not the situation.
My country is so small I get news from the locals before its on tv, its about 24 miles or so between the north to the south of the urban areas, the rest is almost plain land.

I just want to tell you that "power to the people" is a false statement, You might think a revolution against royalty is always best and democracy is the way to go.

I need not to remind you people like Hitler, Stalin, current Iranian regime, all have came to power due to some kind of revolution. This is exactly whats going to happen here.

Mubarak was only the 3rd president of Egypt after overthrowing the Kingdom.
Zine El Abidine(fled from Tunisia) was only the 2nd president since independence.
Gaddaafy(Libya) is first president since revolution

Hezbollah is another thing to consider
Did you know that Hezbollah is a political party in Lebanon with their own army? Can you imagine the "democrats" in America own their own army and they will use it?

Never think this revolution stuff is in the favor of the people.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

kingmohd84 wrote:Hezbollah is another thing to consider
Did you know that Hezbollah is a political party in Lebanon with their own army? Can you imagine the "democrats" in America own their own army and they will use it?

That would suck, like, a lot.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

The proper way to avoid a popular revolution becoming violent and tyrannical is to cooperate, not to violently suppress it. Give the people real democracy(with strong constitutional limits!) willingly, and you'll avoid a strongman revolutionary leader taking power.

Legitimate government comes from consent of the people. When that consent is clearly withdrawn the government has no right to object or suppress it. Popular revolutions must always be respected as that is a right of the people.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Hatta wrote:Legitimate government comes from consent of the people. When that consent is clearly withdrawn the government has no right to object or suppress it. Popular revolutions must always be respected as that is a right of the people.

Someone should have told that to Abraham Lincoln.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

yeah....great.... if there were stocks in human trafficking , now would be a great time to buy...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/gavinhewitt/2011/02/europes_huddled_masses.html
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I personally have a problem with Europe and America

the two continents are like pro human rights, and equality
but then they get upset from other cultures, I am talking here about Caucasian people

If you don't want any one to come over and take your citizenship and as many rights as you do in your own country, why did you set the laws there in the first place?

I would be very understanding if they said we won't let others live here and we will not naturalize any one because Britain is for the English and Italy for Italians. That is fair and true.
but they set democratic laws , equality for everyone, then a huge sector is upset about other cultures.

This includes Muslims world wide migrating to Europe, this is a huge issue now. Indians in Britain, Mexicans and Africans in America.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

kingmohd84 wrote:I personally have a problem with Europe and America

the two continents are like pro human rights, and equality
but then they get upset from other cultures, I am talking here about Caucasian people

If you don't want any one to come over and take your citizenship and as many rights as you do in your own country, why did you set the laws there in the first place?

I would be very understanding if they said we won't let others live here and we will not naturalize any one because Britain is for the English and Italy for Italians. That is fair and true.
but they set democratic laws , equality for everyone, then a huge sector is upset about other cultures.

This includes Muslims world wide migrating to Europe, this is a huge issue now. Indians in Britain, Mexicans and Africans in America.

Because we have many migrants from China. They integrate into society. We have many migrants from Southern Africa. They integrate into society. We have many migrants from the middle East. They don't integrate into society.

And how the fuck we expect them to, I don't know. Africans and Chinese are 50/50 when it comes to sex. They come here with their families, with their lovers, to find a better place to live. And that's what they do. People see families wanting to live here for their entire lives, they accept them and welcome them.

On the other hand, I don't think I've ever seen a woman from the middle East. The only female muslims I've seen are from Turkey, and aren't really economic migrants (at least not in my country). How the fuck are so many men supposed to be integrated into society, when the base of a society is family?

And furthermore, unless they are really asylum seekers (though as the Italian's stated, how the fuck is leaving a country which just had its dictatorship overthrown fall into asylum I don't know) I don't think men who come here in the 10 of thousands asking to be allowed into the EU, because their lives are in peril in their own countries, yet none of them happen to have a family/lover/daughter, should be accepted, cause if living in those countries would be dangerous for them, how fucking dangerous would it be for women, who have it worse?

Once this demographic problem is fixed (meaning only accepting women who seek refuge in Europe for a few years) they will be able to integrate into society.

Unless they start living like Europeans (sending their children to European schools, living by European society's standards), like so many Africans and Chinese I've met, they won't be accepted into society.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Three regimes the world will be better off without: The Qaddafis, the Baathist Syrians and the Sauds. It's time for the sheep to gang up on the wolves for a change.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

I think its going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. I just hope the people over there get true a Democracy in the end. It would make the world a safer & better place.
Flake

Post by Flake »

corn619 wrote:I think its going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. I just hope the people over there get true a Democracy in the end. It would make the world a safer & better place.

How do you come to that conclusion? There is no empirical data to support that.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?