World is Falling Apart Thread (Locked forever)

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: So the Islamic world is kind of falling apart...

Post by ZeroAX »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Whoever said that democracy does not work here
he is absolutely correct, some how in the end everyone fights for money and power
of course other nations world wide had similar issues including some European countries as far as I know.

The best thing in my opinion is to have a monarchy where royal family stabilizes the rule, and where people will be elected to actually run the government , in which they can't have personal gain for themselves. This way no one fights for power.

btw.
A lot of people see Saud's as the devils. I live near and as far as I know most people are happy with them, there are places where things could get better, and few that are against them.
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

<i>Whoever said that democracy does not work here
he is absolutely correct, some how in the end everyone fights for money and power</i>

That's how it is in every democracy, and why every government needs strong constitutional limits.

<i>The best thing in my opinion is to have a monarchy where royal family stabilizes the rule</i>

By "stabilize the rule" do you mean massacre civilians in the streets? By using force against their own people, the governments of Bahrain, Libya, and Yemen have become the very thing they claim they are trying to prevent.

<i>A lot of people see Saud's as the devils. I live near and as far as I know most people are happy with them, there are places where things could get better, and few that are against them.</i>

Yeah, if I lived in a country where they had public beheadings on a regular basis I wouldn't complain much either. Doesn't mean they're any good.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Hatta wrote:Yeah, if I lived in a country where they had public beheadings on a regular basis I wouldn't complain much either. Doesn't mean they're any good.

Which part are you objecting to? The existance of capital punishment, the apparent overuse of it, or the fact that it's in public?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

Does it matter? You're not going to argue that that is acceptable behavior, are you? Although, I guess I wouldn't really be surprised if you did.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Hatta wrote:Does it matter? You're not going to argue that that is acceptable behavior, are you? Although, I guess I wouldn't really be surprised if you did.

<IRONY MODE TURNED ON> Pff. Freaking noob. Public cutting off things is the best way to punish crimes. You stole? Bye bye handy. You raped? Bye bye "birdy". You got raped? PUNISH HER! (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7098480.stm )
<IRONY MODE TURNED OFF>
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Hatta wrote:Does it matter? You're not going to argue that that is acceptable behavior, are you? Although, I guess I wouldn't really be surprised if you did.

It does matter which point. If your only objection is the overapplication of capital punishment then I'd agree with you. If it was against capital punishment in general I'd disagree with you. And if it was the public nature I'd get involved in a spirited debate with you.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Edited for strong language. :evil:
Last edited by Pulsar_t on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
equalsign
Next-Gen

Post by equalsign »

What the hell's with all this aggression? I think this thread's getting carried away.
Looking for Animal Crossing e Reader cards! - link
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Flake wrote:To the best of my knowledge, only one TRULY democratic nation has ever existed...and that was a couple thousand years ago.

Greece wasn't democratic in any sense that we would understand that word today. Due to the requirements to be a citizen and thus vote, it was almost more like an oligarchy or plutocracy, really.