The Comic Book Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: The Comic Book Thread

Post by noiseredux »

thanks, Sam. I'm def bummed out. I had bought a copy of that Avengers variant cover and everything. Sigh. Maybe next year.

Anyway, I'm glad to see some comic talk in here again!

I've been playing a bit of catch-up this month. I did recently finish up Vol. 2 of Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows.

Among the many series I'm bouncing around, I'm absolutely adoring The Vision which has been getting re-released in Director's Cut issues. And for something older from my shelves, I'm planning to probably delve into either X-Men: Mutant Genesis or the first volume of X-Force (and New Mutants) next.

I also got some of these housing things for my short-boxes then turns them into stackable drawers. Very convenient.

marurun

Post by marurun »

I have actually been reading a lot of stuff on Hoopla, but that means no Marvel. Lots of Image and DC, though. Just about every comic label is on there, even Star Wars and Disney, but no Marvel.

Some great titles I've caught up on:
Monstress v.2
Lazarus up to v.5
Clean Room all
Motor Crush v.1
Doom Patrol new v.1
Shade new v.1

And others. I've enjoyed everything I've read so far.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I read Monstress volume 2 somewhat recently too, though via the physical version.

Otherwise though, I've actually (mostly) read Marvel stuff via digital due to Amazon having a big sale and me wondering how well my cheap Kindle Fire would do for comics (pretty well, actually). Amazon actually has a selection of volume 1s in the basic Prime lending library thing as well. Offhand, stuff I read... Captain Marvel v1, Alias v1, Patsy Walker aka Hellcat v1, Ms. Marvel v1, Old Man Logan, Planet Hulk, World War Hulk, The Black Incal, Dark Tower the Gunslinger Born, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina v1, Lumberjanes v1, Hawkeye v1, and Seconds.
Also some random DC free comic book day stuff, since they had that for free the other day. I should probably look at getting some of the Humble Bundle digital comics and stuff I have on it, as the reader is pretty decent.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I picked up so much of that free DC stuff, but I almost never read comics digitally.

What did you think of Hawkeye Vol. 1? I kind of loved it. Though, the 2nd volume has been a little less solid.

@maru: If Hoopla has Image etc I could suggest a couple of things... the new Youngblood series is pretty awesome. There's also a limited series on Valiant called Secret Weapons that I'd pretty highly recommend.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I haven't read the second volume to compare (first volume is one of the free titles with Prime). First volume was entertaining enough, but didn't have as much to stand out as some of the other street level Marvel stuff - not as in depth as Alias, not as fun as Hellcat (much less Squirrel Girl).

I hadn't been doing much with digital comics either, but give me enough of a cost advantage and it's tempting. Especially with how much easier they can be to read :lol:
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I felt it necessary to share that the Logan of the Spider-Gwen universe is named "Mr. Murderhands".
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Brian Michael Bendis is jumping from Marvel to DC. Kind of weird, only ever associated him with Marvel, especially Spider-Man. His runs on Daredevil and Alias are obviously exceptional as well. I wonder if he'll be taking over a mainline book or doing something more leftfield? Personally I can see him doing well on Green Arrow, Batwoman and Justice League. The latter is really spinning its wheels at the moment. Just please, keep him away from the event books! God damn it, Civil War 2 sucked.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I just read that and it's so weird to me.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Reading Stephanie Brown’s tenure as Batgirl. Not bad. Takes place when Dick has stepped in as Batman with Damien as Robin.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Who wrote that run Maru?