The Comic Book Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: The Comic Book Thread

Post by noiseredux »

Yeah I picked it up when it came out. Really enjoyed it. Haven't been buying comics lately based on free time and money, but I had to read that one.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Checked out Blacksad and Black Hammer from work. Can't wait to have time to read them. I've been hearing good things.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Black Hammer is turning out to be really good. Jeff Lemire is a damn good comic writer.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I finished Doomsday Clock #3. There have been lots of good moments in the series thus far. I'm really digging it but I find myself with more questions after each issue!

I found out that there have been lots of references to Dr. Manhattan in DC comics in the past 2 years or so. I'm picking up "The Button" collection and I might get "The Oz Effect" collection when it comes out in March since Manhattan had a role in that. Are there any others that I should take a look at for Watchmen references?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Did you read the Rebirth one shot?
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Nope
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

That was the first to feature Watchmen stuff.

The Button is half good, half meh.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Thanks. I have never closely followed DC comics. Even in my younger days, I think I only picked up Batman #500. I'm familiar with what happened in Flashpoint and a little bit of The New 52 but that is the extent of my recent DC knowledge.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I recently found a copy of the All-Star Superman graphic novel at a local store for a whopping $0.75, and I finished reading it yesterday. It was so good and really about what makes Superman so great. (He represents our most noble aspirations, and he is, at heart, a scientist and explorer.) Also, the artwork is stunning, and I really recommend it to anyone who knows anything about the character.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I am sure y'all have noticed that Marvel teamed up with the uniform provider for many of the events at the Winter Olympics to promote, if generically, Marvel's brand. The Captain America-inspired uniforms are fine, but the Captain Marvel ones are awesome! Seeing Mikaela Shiffrin's profile pictures on TV and the internet with the Captain Marvel colors and that distinct starburst, and especially with her profile and blond hair, she could damn well BE Captain Marvel. I was really excited to see that.

Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile