The Comic Book Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: The Comic Book Thread

Post by Ack »

marurun wrote:Hoo! That cover art! It burns the eyes ; )

Liefeld's tiny feet strikes again!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Haha I love that cover.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

stuff coming out tomorrow you guys might wanna know about

Batgirl and Supergirl must team up to break into Arkham Asylum! In this all-new Rebirth annual Batgirl must seek Supergirl's help to solve a mystery that leads them to the heart of the most insane insane asylum there is! But what they discover - and who they discover - in Arkham will lead to a much, much bigger story!

Dark Horse's top talent invite you to find your next binge read! This anthology includes Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá's The Umbrella Academy #1, Mike Mignola's Hellboy in Hell #1, Joëlle Jones and Jamie S. Rich's Lady Killer #1, Jeff Lemire and Dean Ormston's Black Hammer #1, Matt and Sharlene Kindt's Dept. H #1, Brian Wood and Mack Chater's Briggs Land #1, Kurtis Wiebe and Mindy Lee's Bounty #1, and Cullen Bunn and Tyler Crook's Harrow County #1.

"SUICIDE SPLITS"! Mistaken for metahumans, thrown in the bowels of Belle Reve, the animal rock band Banana Splits are recruited by Amanda Waller for a secret mission: to save the Suicide Squad! What follows is the weirdest team-up you never thought you'd see! How can Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snorky stand up to Harley, Deadshot, Katana and Croc?! And in the backup feature, Snagglepuss is a Southern gothic playwright working with an ensemble cast of cultural figures, exploring an intensely creative time in the New York City theater scene of the 1950s...

RESURRXION BEGINS HERE!
In the wake of their war with the Inhumans, the X-MEN are at a crossroads. Where do they go from here? Luckily, one beloved X-Men has the answer to that question: Xavier's dream comes full circle as KITTY PRYDE returns to the X-Men, ready to lead them in their mission to protect a world that hates and fears them. The next chapter of the X-Men's saga starts here!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

PSA: Today only - sign up for 1 month of Marvel Unlimited free w/ code "RAND".
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I don't know if anyone is really interested in these little heads-up I've been giving on new releases, but...

4/5/2017:

ALL-NEW STORY STARTS HERE! "IMMUNE"!
• FROM THE STARS COMES DEATH! An alien ship! A dying passenger!
• Two words uttered that will forever change WOLVERINE's life - starting a non-stop race against a deadly transformative disease, a battle in a quarantined city and a mysterious villain with a target on her head.

The high class, comedy stylings of Zenescope Entertainment returns this April for another edition in the long awaited, first ever, sought after by at least eight people, 2017 Tales of Terror April Fool's Edition.
Four Tales of Terror stories are re-lettered with alternate story-lines and some alternate artwork to create brand new takes on past issues that will have you laughing out loud, or sobbing into a pillow, however you express joy, is not judged here, as all seriousness is left at the door in this hilarious edition of tales, from Monster Under the Bed, to Bloody Mary, as Tales of Terror, gets the Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment!

THE "RESURRXION" OF THE INHUMANS BEGINS!
A myth from the future. A quest to the far stars. A legend written across galaxies. Guided by the other-dimensional Kree warrior known as Marvel Boy, the Inhuman Royal Family departs on an odyssey across all creation on search for lost secrets - and the last hope - of their people.
Penned by fan-favorite Al Ewing (The Ultimates, New Avengers, Loki: Agent of Asgard) and drawn by the white-hot Jonboy Meyers (Teen Titans, Spawn), ROYALS is a Marvel-style space epic that takes the Inhuman Royal Family and plunges them into the unknown! The knowledge they seek could change the course of Inhuman destiny, but it cannot be attained without cost...for at the end of days, the Last Inhuman tells the tale of how seven left Earth for the stars...but only six returned.

With a few bars of gold left, and Sub Girl's uneasy feeling that she left something behind, Tank Girl hires her scientist friend to reinvent time travel. The Third Reich have no idea what is coming their way!

FROM THE ASHES OF INHUMANS VS X-MEN, AN ALL-NEW TEAM OF X-MEN RISES!
Xavier's dream comes full circle as KITTY PRYDE takes the reins and assembles a squad of the most iconic X-Men to fight at her side. STORM. COLOSSUS. NIGHTCRAWLER. OLD MAN LOGAN. PRESTIGE. They are X-MEN GOLD! And they're on a mission to be Earth's finest heroes, even when that means defending those who hate and fear them. Brought to you by an all-star creative team of Marc Guggenheim (X-MEN, S.H.I.E.L.D., television's Arrow) and Ardian Syaf (BATGIRL, SUPERMAN/BATMAN, BRIGHTEST DAY), a new beginning for the strangest heroes of all starts here!
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I read your updates!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

if anyone's interested in maybe swapping some comics, I'll put up a list of what I have extras/doubles of...

SINGLE ISSUES:

A Nightmare On Elm Street (2006) #1
Batman Rebirth #1 (Batman Day variant cover)
Doctor Strange #2
Friday The 13th: Jason vs Jason X
Red Sonja (2016) #0
Tales From The Crypt (2007) #1
The Tick (Free Comic Book Day 2015) x2
The Tick (Free Comic Book Day 2016)
Uncanny Avengers (2012) #1

TRADE PAPERBACKS:

Darkstalkers: The Ultimate Collection
The Evil Dead
Grindhouse: Doors Open At Midnight Double Feature
Spring: Sink Or Swim (Fire 1)
The Walking Dead, Volume 1

MISC:

Defender #4
Defender #5
Defender #7
Defender #8
Marvel Free Previews (Avengers 2017 cover)
Marvel Previews #18 (X-Men Prime cover)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

are any of you guys still actively reading any comics?
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

I only really buy collected volumes, which understandably have a fair amount of time between releases.

I did buy a couple of the Squirrel Girl ones recently though, if that counts :lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

She's a little too silly for me, I think. I did enjoy a Halloween story that she and Deadpool did in one of the holiday themed annuals this past year. Maybe I'll come around once she's on the New Warriors show that's coming out.

Anyway, if you do pick up any collections post em here. I'm desperate for dialogue rather than my blog's monologue.

Andddd here's some things out this week that I'll draw attention to:

Batman #21
This is huge! This starts a 5-part Batman/Flash mini-series called "The Button." If the cover art isn't obvious, this is FINALLY going to continue what DC Rebirth #1 started... that is, bringing Watchmen into the DC Universe proper. I'm sure many hate this idea, but I totally embrace it.

Guardians Of The Galaxy: Dream On #1
The main Guardians series by Bendis is over. This is a new one-shot issue, that I'm guessing will set up the next series.

Mockingbird: Ask Me About My Feminist Agenda
The second (and sadly last) volume in Chelsea Cain's awesome Mockingbird series. I admit, I enjoyed Volume 1 more - but the second is short and fun. This TPB tacks on a couple of New Avengers issues (not by Cain) that kind of led to Mockingbird breaking out into her own.

Secret Empire #0
Eh, as far as Marvel events go this one bores me to tears. I hate the whole Captain America/Hydra thing that led up to this. So I'll totally be skipping this series for the most part. But... I don't know if some of you are interested.

X-Men '92: Lilapalooza
The second and (sadly) last volume of X-Men '92 is compiled here. I have spent much time raving about this awesome and sadly short-lived series. Just to remind you, this was totally made for fans of the 90's animated show. The closest thing we have now is X-Men Blue, which is slightly less brazen about its 90's influence.