Metal Heads Assemble!!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Re: Metal Heads Assemble!!

Post by optmusprimenumber »

hashiriya1 wrote:I'm old school, and I can't go a day without hearing something from Pantera. They are the best metal band from the 90s. I know they technically started in the 80s, but c'mon, that isn't the REAL Pantera. :lol:

Have you heard Assjack? It's a metal band led by Hank Williams III, I always thought they'd appeal to Pantera fans.
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

Genghis Tron's album 'Board Up the House' has a quote in their liner notes comparing it to Mega Man and metal or something.. (My copy is buried beneath a stack of DVDs at the moment, so I can't quote it exactly.. But between them and Horse the Band, some nice grindcore metal mixed in with some nice NES-era synth..

Another band to check out - Crossbreed! More hard rock then metal, but when I saw them when they opened for Rammstein 10 years ago, Holy shit! What a great stage show to open for the rockers from Germany!
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

hashiriya1 wrote:I'm old school, and I can't go a day without hearing something from Pantera. They are the best metal band from the 90s.

At the Gates would like to have a word with you.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

GSZX1337 wrote:
hashiriya1 wrote:I'm old school, and I can't go a day without hearing something from Pantera. They are the best metal band from the 90s.

nice name drop
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

fvgazi wrote:Aaron, have to ever seen Dillinger live (when they were good)? One of the most intense shows I'd ever been to. The lead singer (original one) took a diarrhea dump all over the top of the PA speakers. He was sick and pissed off at the club manager. They killed it. This is all of course before they were an MTV band and played ridiculous patterns.

yeah i guess under the running board is alright. i just think it's too "out there" for me. i also thought dimitri was a bad fit because he just kinda treated his vocals like he was in a hardcore band without any knowledge of what else was going on.

i've seen them 3 times, the first time was in 2001 at krazy fest with sean ingram singing. i also saw botch at that show. which was phenomenal. and converge with two guitarists before they were insanely predictable.

the older i get, the more i appreciate older metal bands. atheist is great. suffocation is great. and god damn it i love death.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

also, MASTER is coming here soon. which i'm excited about.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

GSZX1337 wrote:

At the Gates' technicality is unreal - and rivaled only by Meshuggah, IMHO..

But c'mon, nothing anymore holds any merit when compared to Far Beyond Driven.. :twisted:
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:Genghis Tron's album 'Board Up the House' has a quote in their liner notes comparing it to Mega Man and metal or something.. (My copy is buried beneath a stack of DVDs at the moment, so I can't quote it exactly.. But between them and Horse the Band, some nice grindcore metal mixed in with some nice NES-era synth..

Another band to check out - Crossbreed! More hard rock then metal, but when I saw them when they opened for Rammstein 10 years ago, Holy shit! What a great stage show to open for the rockers from Germany!

Genghis Tron has played my friend's basement quite a few times over the years.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote:

At the Gates' technicality is unreal - and rivaled only by Meshuggah, IMHO..

But c'mon, nothing anymore holds any merit when compared to Far Beyond Driven.. :twisted:

*gets out baseball bat*
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|