by Rurouni_Fencer Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:04 am

saturnfan wrote:black metal

B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Metal Heads Assemble!!

by Xeogred Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:17 am

Listening to Running Wild at the moment. 8)
brunoafh
Next-Gen

by brunoafh Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:30 am

I just met Richard Christy last night. Being that Death is in my top 3 favourite bands ever, meeting him was a real treat. I was actually with a buddy that was wearing a Death shirt, and he just came up to him and was like "nice shirt man!"

He was pretty friendly too. I talked to him for about 5 minutes about his work recording the Sound of Perseverance album and his work as a writer on Howard Stern.

Oh yeah, and of all places, I met him at the Barcade (which is an awesome place) in Brooklyn. I guess he's a retro gamer too. Apparently he loves Ghosts n Ghouls.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:53 am

You know, the more I listen to High on Fire's latest release, I just can't get into it. It just sounds so generic to me. I don't understand the hype. I have heard people call them a more awesome sounding Motorhead and yet I can think of many Motorhead songs I'd rather listen to than anything on their album

Guess I'll go back to listening to Kvelertak and Agalloch
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:00 am

brunoafh wrote:I just met Richard Christy last night. Being that Death is in my top 3 favourite bands ever, meeting him was a real treat. I was actually with a buddy that was wearing a Death shirt, and he just came up to him and was like "nice shirt man!"

He was pretty friendly too. I talked to him for about 5 minutes about his work recording the Sound of Perseverance album and his work as a writer on Howard Stern.

Oh yeah, and of all places, I met him at the Barcade (which is an awesome place) in Brooklyn. I guess he's a retro gamer too. Apparently he loves Ghosts n Ghouls.

That's a really cool story.
saturnfan
128-bit

by saturnfan Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:18 pm

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:
saturnfan wrote:black metal

Haha, love it.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Been on a big Obituary kick lately, even their later stuff which until recently I've always neglected.
RXRob
16-bit

by RXRob Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Metal Head here!!!

I love Metal that's mixed with other genres, especially Dance, Hip-Hop or Punk.

I run/DJ the biggest Rock night in my town. http://www.facebook.com/Psychozwan

If you went to Download 2009 then you may have heard a rumour about me.

Rob a.k.a. DJ One-Ball
Currently playing: Skies of Arcadia, Mass Effect 2, Backbreaker

Consoles Owned: XBox 360, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Dreamcast, Saturn, N64, N64DD, PSone, XBox, Game Boy Advance SP, Gameboy Pocket, Game Gear.
Lone Wanderer
32-bit

by Lone Wanderer Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Ack wrote:
Lone Wanderer wrote:I'm into more "mainstream" metal and rock compared to you guys. My top five would be Disturbed, Slipknot, Metallica, Bullet For My Valentine, and Escape The Fate. I like a lot of other bands too like Five Finger Death Punch, Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage, The Devil Wears Prada, Suicide Silence, The Acacia Strain, Winds of Plague, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, Rise Against, I Set My Friends On Fire, Parkway Drive, Rammstein. I also absolutely love Linkin Park's first two albums. I also like some Hollywood Undead :lol:

Do you like covers of video game music?

If you mean remixes, then yes. I like a decent amount of the stuff on OCremix. I usually listen to Doom covers, my favorite artist is probably Evil Horde.
Black DSi, Pink GBC, Softmodded Wii, Softmodded Fat Ps2, Black Gamecube, Xbox, Dreamcast, Ps1 Slim, Atomic Purple GBC, Onyx GBA SP, Gears of War 3 Edition Xbox 360 Slim, PSP 3000, NES.
Luke wrote:Masturbation is a fool proof way of getting rid of ghosts. Seriously, not even ghosts want to see that. I suggest saying out loud, "Hey ghost, who's creeped out now? You scared?" in the process.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

by brunoafh Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:40 pm

AppleQueso wrote:Been on a big Obituary kick lately, even their later stuff which until recently I've always neglected.

I used to listen to them pretty often like 3 or 4 years back. What material of theirs do you like? My favourite album was definitely Cause of Death. I like The End Complete a lot too.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever