Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Metal Heads Assemble!!

by Gamerforlife Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:54 pm

Are all of Agalloch's songs this awesome?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ih3JVrRPE
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:11 am

Jesus Christ, these two songs are the bleakest, coldest, most atmospheric epic metal masterpieces I've ever heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozPbZ35e-ag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVOONyMkgKk
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:25 pm

I know this should be in the wrestling thread, but I think some of you can appreciate Triple H entering his Wrestlemania match against THE DEADMAN....THE UNDERTAKER with Metallica's FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS playing!!!!!!!

That...is...fucking....awesome!!!!
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:49 pm

I've been meaning to bitch about this for awhile, but has anyone hear listened to Scar Symmetry? If so, what do you think of their second and third albums compared to their first? I love the first album, but find the second and third albums to be a mixed bag at best. But it seems that everyone else (at least in reviews) love the second and third albums. The fourth album is okay mostly because it doesn't make me want to listen to the first album. I listened to their new song, it seems okay. However, their Journey meets Pink Floyd cover art concerns me.

Gamerforlife wrote:Triple H entering his Wrestlemania match against THE DEADMAN....THE UNDERTAKER with Metallica's FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS playing!!!!!!

:shock:
Pay-Per-View?
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Lone Wanderer
32-bit

by Lone Wanderer Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:01 pm

I'm into more "mainstream" metal and rock compared to you guys. My top five would be Disturbed, Slipknot, Metallica, Bullet For My Valentine, and Escape The Fate. I like a lot of other bands too like Five Finger Death Punch, Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage, The Devil Wears Prada, Suicide Silence, The Acacia Strain, Winds of Plague, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, Rise Against, I Set My Friends On Fire, Parkway Drive, Rammstein. I also absolutely love Linkin Park's first two albums. I also like some Hollywood Undead :lol:
Black DSi, Pink GBC, Softmodded Wii, Softmodded Fat Ps2, Black Gamecube, Xbox, Dreamcast, Ps1 Slim, Atomic Purple GBC, Onyx GBA SP, Gears of War 3 Edition Xbox 360 Slim, PSP 3000, NES.
Luke wrote:Masturbation is a fool proof way of getting rid of ghosts. Seriously, not even ghosts want to see that. I suggest saying out loud, "Hey ghost, who's creeped out now? You scared?" in the process.
Ack

by Ack Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:02 pm

Lone Wanderer wrote:I'm into more "mainstream" metal and rock compared to you guys. My top five would be Disturbed, Slipknot, Metallica, Bullet For My Valentine, and Escape The Fate. I like a lot of other bands too like Five Finger Death Punch, Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage, The Devil Wears Prada, Suicide Silence, The Acacia Strain, Winds of Plague, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, Rise Against, I Set My Friends On Fire, Parkway Drive, Rammstein. I also absolutely love Linkin Park's first two albums. I also like some Hollywood Undead :lol:

Do you like covers of video game music?
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:22 pm

GSZX1337 wrote:I've been meaning to bitch about this for awhile, but has anyone hear listened to Scar Symmetry? If so, what do you think of their second and third albums compared to their first? I love the first album, but find the second and third albums to be a mixed bag at best. But it seems that everyone else (at least in reviews) love the second and third albums. The fourth album is okay mostly because it doesn't make me want to listen to the first album. I listened to their new song, it seems okay. However, their Journey meets Pink Floyd cover art concerns me.

Gamerforlife wrote:Triple H entering his Wrestlemania match against THE DEADMAN....THE UNDERTAKER with Metallica's FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS playing!!!!!!

:shock:
Pay-Per-View?

Yup

...and it was a fitting song choice. Triple H lost the match, but Taker got taken out on a gurny while Triple H walked up the ramp needing no help at all.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

by BurningDoom Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:43 pm

GSZX1337 wrote:I've been meaning to bitch about this for awhile, but has anyone hear listened to Scar Symmetry? If so, what do you think of their second and third albums compared to their first? I love the first album, but find the second and third albums to be a mixed bag at best. But it seems that everyone else (at least in reviews) love the second and third albums. The fourth album is okay mostly because it doesn't make me want to listen to the first album. I listened to their new song, it seems okay. However, their Journey meets Pink Floyd cover art concerns me.

I love Scar Symmetry. I've loved all their albums. Such an underrated band.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Ack

by Ack Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:09 pm

Wow, I think that last one was actually my first post in this thread. I'm kinda shocked. My taste still primarily extends to thrash, but I figure I'll throw out some names of bands I like, including one already mentioned by GSZX1337:

Gama Bomb - Examples: Three Witches, Mussolini Mosh, Return of the Technodrome

Tankard - Examples: Die With A Beer In Your Hand, The Horde, Need Money for Beer

Skeletonwitch - Examples: Beyond the Permafrost, Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery

Nuclear Assault - Examples: Game Over, Rise From The Ashes , Resurrection

Municipal Waste - Examples: Mind Eraser, Sadistic Magician, Headbanger Face Rip

Powerglove - Examples: Mario Minor, Metal Kombat For The Mortal Man

And then there's quite a bit more that I like to listen to, like Bonded By Blood, GWAR, Venom, Violator, Amon Amarth, Annihilator, and then a handful of the classics from Metallica, Slayer, and Megadeth. I don't actually listen to much Anthrax...
saturnfan
128-bit

by saturnfan Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:39 am

black metal
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever