Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Re: Metal Heads Assemble!!

by optmusprimenumber Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:11 am

Bradtemple87 wrote:um I definitely dont listen to the kind of metal you guys do, I'll stick with Necrophagist :mrgreen:

zinger!
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:55 am

Here are a few of my favorites from over the years.

Nine Inch Nails: “Gave Up”.
Trent Reznor has been my favorite band for almost 20 years now. Check the young Marilyn Manson in this video, plus that guy in Filter.

Buckethead vs. DJ Disk: “Nun Chuka Kata”.
A ferocious battle between a masked weirdo guitar shredder and a talented turntablist from the Invisbl Skratch Piklz.

Steve Vai: “Fire Garden Suite”.
Epic in the true sense of the word.

Pitchshifter: “Genius”. Drum n bass meets metal.

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum: “The Donkey Headed Adversary of Humanity Opens the Discussion”.
See this band live if you can. Their performance is as extraordinary as their music.

Mars Volta: “Inertiatic E.S.P.”
A lot of people don’t like this band for reasons I will never understand. I think they rock.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

by Rurouni_Fencer Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:01 am

J T wrote:Nine Inch Nails: “Gave Up”.

This is exactly why I miss the 90's..

well, this and Nintendo vs Sega.. 8)
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
fvgazi
Next-Gen

by fvgazi Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:31 am

J T wrote:Here are a few of my favorites from over the years.

Nine Inch Nails: “Gave Up”.
Trent Reznor has been my favorite band for almost 20 years now. Check the young Marilyn Manson in this video, plus that guy in Filter.

Buckethead vs. DJ Disk: “Nun Chuka Kata”.
A ferocious battle between a masked weirdo guitar shredder and a talented turntablist from the Invisbl Skratch Piklz.

Steve Vai: “Fire Garden Suite”.
Epic in the true sense of the word.

Pitchshifter: “Genius”. Drum n bass meets metal.

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum: “The Donkey Headed Adversary of Humanity Opens the Discussion”.
See this band live if you can. Their performance is as extraordinary as their music.

Mars Volta: “Inertiatic E.S.P.”
A lot of people don’t like this band for reasons I will never understand. I think they rock.

I saw Buckethead maybe about 6 years ago. My dear god.....

It was a surreal show. I guess it was his birthday (or at least the scary MC guy said it was on stage) so in the middle of guitar solos he would bend down and give people in the audience action figures while ripping it on guitar. He also had this elastic type guitar strap, almost like a bike inner tube, and he was bending his guitar out all crazy and snapping it back. Heavy ass show.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:38 am

Bradtemple87 wrote:um I definitely dont listen to the kind of metal you guys do, I'll stick with Necrophagist :mrgreen:

meedlymeedlymeedlymeedly rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

by pepharytheworm Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Just got Sodom's new album In War And Pieces: Not a bad album sounds pretty much how their music has sounded since 2000. Simple thrash mixed with death and punk sounds.

I recently also got Yngwie Malmsteen - Relentless, Atheist - Jupiter, Gwar - Bloody Pit Of Horror, Flotsam & Jetsam - The Cold, Halford - Made Of Metal, and Warbeast (whoever mentioned Gammacide this band features members plus the singer of Rigor Mortis.)

Can't wait till Destruction's and Onslaught's new album comes out.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:30 pm

pepharytheworm wrote:Just got Sodom's new album In War And Pieces: Not a bad album sounds pretty much how their music has sounded since 2000. Simple thrash mixed with death and punk sounds.

I recently also got Yngwie Malmsteen - Relentless, Atheist - Jupiter, Gwar - Bloody Pit Of Horror, Flotsam & Jetsam - The Cold, Halford - Made Of Metal, and Warbeast (whoever mentioned Gammacide this band features members plus the singer of Rigor Mortis.)

Can't wait till Destruction's and Onslaught's new album comes out.

What'd you think of this one?
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:29 pm

fvgazi wrote:I saw Buckethead maybe about 6 years ago. My dear god.....

It was a surreal show. I guess it was his birthday (or at least the scary MC guy said it was on stage) so in the middle of guitar solos he would bend down and give people in the audience action figures while ripping it on guitar. He also had this elastic type guitar strap, almost like a bike inner tube, and he was bending his guitar out all crazy and snapping it back. Heavy ass show.

I've always wanted to see him live, but it seems like every time he comes to town it is an inconvenient time for me. I've watched plenty of live video though. He's got a crazy persona. He's this weird mix of horrorshow and childishness.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

by optmusprimenumber Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:14 pm

^ He's got a DVD w/ "interviews" and whatnot... I don't think he speaks one word of actual English on it. He just makes odd vocalizations and plays with his nunchuks and shreds on his guitar and bass. He's an animal.

On a side note... I always figure if him and Les Claypool, Mike Patton, and some filthy drummer (perhaps the one from Helmet, Tomahawk, and Battles) got together, they would be the most ultimate super group known to man. As long as Claypool doesn't sing. He does way too damn much of that for not being a very good singer.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:22 pm

I like Mars Volta. They have a unique sound
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever