Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
AppleQueso

Re: Metal Heads Assemble!!

by AppleQueso Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Really? My reaction the first time I heard a Death Magnetic song was "What is this shit? It's awful."

Death Magnetic felt like a sterile attempt to cash in on the "thrash revival" craze or something. Even St. Anger felt like a more genuine album.

As for Pantera... Power Metal was their best album. I like Cowboys a bit too but don't really care much for the rest. Never have.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

by optmusprimenumber Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:35 pm

I thought it was awful once the chunky intro was over... that's when I changed the station.
Josh
64-bit

by Josh Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:48 pm

I think some of the stuff off of Death Magnetic wasn't that bad. Cyanide for one wasn't that bad, but The Day That Never Comes just sucked, to me.
Collects promo gaming stuff, certain import games, hockey memorabilia, and other oddball things. (sig and avy under construction)
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:55 pm

I thought death magneticb was ok. I liked it more than load/reload and it was miles better than stanger. ("I'm gonna sting yew wiff mah stanger"). At least they're back to playing fucking RIFFS.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
saturnfan
128-bit

by saturnfan Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Death Magnetic is an ok album. I remember liking a few tracks off it. It is a far cry better than anything they had released in like 18 years and it was actually a metal album, so I give them some credit for that.
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:38 pm

AppleQueso wrote:Death Magnetic felt like a sterile attempt to cash in on the "thrash revival" craze or something. Even St. Anger felt like a more genuine album.

I don't think I found Death Magnetic quite as distasteful as you did, but I generally agree with you that St. Anger did feel more genuine, even if it was stupid. I own both, and don't feel any motivation to listen to either.

Honestly, I think Megadeth's recent output is miles better than Metallica's.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:52 pm

saturnfan wrote:Death Magnetic is an ok album. I remember liking a few tracks off it. It is a far cry better than anything they had released in like 18 years and it was actually a metal album, so I give them some credit for that.

I would agree with this. They've earned SOME redemption
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:57 pm

saturnfan wrote:Death Magnetic is an ok album. I remember liking a few tracks off it. It is a far cry better than anything they had released in like 18 years and it was actually a metal album, so I give them some credit for that.

This is pretty much what I thought. My Apocalypse, Suicide and Redemption, and The Judas Kiss are the only songs that I've bothered listening to more than once. I really wish that The End of the Line was worth a shit. The New Song was so promising.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

by BurningDoom Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:58 am

Metal rules!!!

Big metal-head here, and I've been one since I was wee lad. I started out on bands like Guns N Roses, Skid Row, Metallica, Megadeth, Nirvana, and Pantera and have branched out since. Now I listen to most any metal as long as it's not bluntly Satanic. And I hate that rap-metal hybrid crap like Korn and Limp Bizkit.

Anyways, some favorite bands: 3 Inches of Blood, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Demons & Wizards, Disturbed, Mudvayne, The Scorpions, Skid Row, Ratt, Amon Amarth, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, In Flames, etc.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

by Bradtemple87 Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:54 am

um I definitely dont listen to the kind of metal you guys do, I'll stick with Necrophagist :mrgreen:
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever