Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
BananaXX
64-bit

Re: Metal Heads Assemble!!

by BananaXX Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:12 am

I don't really care about the different types of metal and all those people that give a name to every little thing, metal is metal. But I do enjoy mainly European bands such as Raubtier, Ruoska, Rammstein, Sybreed, Deathstars, Firewind, Apocalyptica, etc. Anything with light synthesizer work and manly vocals.
BananaXX's FS/FT Shop!!! +27 feedback and growing!!
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

by Rurouni_Fencer Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:14 am

BananaXX wrote:I don't really care about the different types of metal and all those people that give a name to every little thing, metal is metal. But I do enjoy mainly European bands such as Raubtier, Ruoska, Rammstein, Sybreed, Deathstars, Firewind, Apocalyptica, etc. Anything with light synthesizer work and manly vocals.

Dragonforce?
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

by Rurouni_Fencer Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:20 am

GSZX1337 wrote:
Rurouni_Fencer wrote:
At the Gates' technicality is unreal - and rivaled only by Meshuggah, IMHO..

But c'mon, nothing anymore holds any merit when compared to Far Beyond Driven.. :twisted:

*gets out baseball bat*

Clearly you're either Swedish, or shop at Hot Topic.. :lol: ::stirs the pot some more::

I keed, I keed.. But seriously, don't get me wrong, I love Slaughter of the Soul, but Pantera can do it all - soft, hard, even radio-friendly.. It's just that ATG wows it's audience in a different way - smashing your face in with blistering riffs and relentless time sigs..
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:22 am

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote:
Rurouni_Fencer wrote:
At the Gates' technicality is unreal - and rivaled only by Meshuggah, IMHO..

But c'mon, nothing anymore holds any merit when compared to Far Beyond Driven.. :twisted:

*gets out baseball bat*

Clearly you're either Swedish, or shop at Hot Topic.. :lol: ::stirs the pot some more::

Them's fightin' words, boy! Wait, are there even any At the Gates shirts at Hot-Topic? I know there's Pantera shirts at Hot-Topic. ;)

I keed, I keed.. But seriously, don't get me wrong, I love Slaughter of the Soul, but Pantera can do it all - soft, hard, even radio-friendly.. It's just that ATG wows it's audience in a different way - smashing your face in with blistering riffs and relentless time sigs..

Honestly, I just never liked Pantera.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

by Rurouni_Fencer Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:49 am

GSZX1337 wrote:
Rurouni_Fencer wrote:

Honestly, I just never liked Pantera.

It's all good, dude! I didn't for a while either - but they finally grew on me..
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:56 am

when it comes to metal, you need the three t's.

'tera, 'tallica, and 'tura.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Metal Militia
128-bit

by Metal Militia Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:36 pm

I've always loved Metallica, probably my favorite band. I even liked there last album Death Magnetic. I've seen them live twice in 2003 and 2008. I definitely enjoy old Metallica more, but new Metallica is cool with me.

I'm also a big Pantera fan too. I'm actually looking at the Pantera poster in my room right now :mrgreen: .Cowboys From Hell being my favorite album of theirs, but I do like the others. I remember being pretty sad the morning I found out Dimebag was murdered. :cry: RIP brother.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Would be kind of interesting if we took this topic and turned it into "Favorite Metal Songs"

Some of mine are:

Diamond Head - Am I Evil?
Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave, Paranoid, Symptom of the Universe
Metallica - Four Horsemen and Creeping Death(really their two most badass songs. Hetfield really sounded like the devil himself back then :lol: )
Iced Earth - Blessed are You(which seems like a loving tribute to their fans), the Gettysburg trilogy(Iced Earth at their truly most epic), A Question of Heaven(beautful song) and Dante's Inferno(Just a fucking epic, roller coaster ride of a song as you travel through all the circles of hell with Barlow)
Dark Tranquillity - Cathode Ray Sunshine(also featured on Brutal Legend 8) ) , The Mundane and the Magic
Kamelot - the Elizabeth Bathory trilogy, Nothing Ever Dies(my fave part of the song is when Ariel has his epiphany), A Sailorman's Hymn, and tons of other songs
Nightwish - Ever Dream, Ocean Soul, Last of the Wilds, 7 Days to the Wolves, Ghost Love Score, Elvenpath and the re-recorded Astral Romance
Apocalyptica - Drive, Path, Peace, Stroke, Somewhere Around Nothing
Dethklok - Murmaider(duh), Murmaider II(also awesome), The Cyborg Slayers, Comet Song, Awaken, Birthday Dethday, Castratikon, Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle( :lol: ). I've never seen the show, yet I love the songs off their two albums
Epica - Pretty much the whole Design Your Universe album, which I wasn't too into at first but it kept growing on me until I found myself loving it
In Flames - Episode 666, Jotun, Goliaths Disarm Their Davids, Zombies Inc
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:17 pm

aaron wrote:when it comes to metal, you need the three t's.

'tera, 'tallica, and 'tura.

:lol:

Metal Militia wrote:I've always loved Metallica, probably my favorite band. I even liked there last album Death Magnetic.

I never understood why people took such a great, big shit on Death Magnetic. How high could your expectations be after St. Anger?
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

by optmusprimenumber Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:27 pm

^ I heard the beginning of one of the Death Magnetic songs on the radio a few years ago and went "Damn, this is fuckin heavy" then it revealed itself as a Metallica song and changed the station. Heheh
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever