Happy Thanksgiving - What are you doing?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - What are you doing?

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

MrPopo wrote:Sitting alone with cats and an entire pumpkin pie. My parents and I decided it would be too much of a burden for me to fly back for Thanksgiving with all the other stuff I'm dealing with as part of my relocation.

WOOOO!! LONELY THANKSGIVING BUDDIES!!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

MrPopo wrote:cats and an entire pumpkin pie.

Sounds good to me. I'm glad you enjoy pumpkin pie. Most people I know IRL hate it. I love it!

-

I have a weird situation going with my fam. The only family members on my side that I care about, are my dad, stepmom, my brother, and daughter. (Yes I have more family than that, but I don't care to see the rest of 'em.) My dad and stepmom live in Georgia as I do, but they live 3.5 hours south of me. My brother lives in Maine. My daughter lives with me. Due to distances (and the fact I see my dad/stepmom regularly anyway due to business trips that way), my side of the family isn't doing Thanksgiving together today. That is, I'm not doing that with my brother/dad/stepmom. However, my daughter, myself, and my wife will have a Thanksgiving meal today, which my daughter and I are cooking together (my wife is working today, and honestly I'm a better cook anyway). I'm mainly looking forward to the tofu turkey (wife and I are vegetarians, my daughter puts up with it). As for my wife's family, which is considerably larger and more actively together than my own, they're doing Thanksgiving on Saturday, due to conflicting work schedules today. So we'll be going over to her sister's house Saturday for that event. Meaning I'll be having Thanksgiving twice this week.

Other than family stuff today, I hope to beat Bullet Witch later tonight, and get some development time into a shmup I've been working on for a while now. Maybe watch some anime.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Yay it's finally Thanksgiving! :D

I'm celebrating with just my fiance's family. As much as it would be nice to have my family over as well, Canada celebrates Thanksgiving in early October so it doesn't line up very well.

I'm going to be bringing over a lemon berry cobbler, so I hope it turns out tasty!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Got a 24 pound Turkey in the oven, as usual always double the stuffing and pack that bird! :mrgreen:
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:they refuse to eat turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, any vegetable, any pie etc.

Idk what country they're from, but you better let them know that this is AMERICA AND WE DON'T PUT UP THOSE COMMUNIST HABITS
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

marurun

Post by marurun »

Naw, dude, lasagna would be fascist, not communist.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

laurenhiya21 wrote:I'm celebrating with just my fiance's family. As much as it would be nice to have my family over as well, Canada celebrates Thanksgiving in early October so it doesn't line up very well.

Two Thanksgivings in Two Months doesn't sound too bad...

I'm not a big Holiday person and I especially do not like Thanksgiving. The meal has always been okay by my standards and I've never had a really enjoyable experience.

This year, like every year, I'll be going to my parents for a huge feast. All my nieces and nephews will be there, 6 of them under the age of 6, along with some Aunts and Uncles, who do not get along and LOVE to bring up their conflicting political views.

I hope to treat Thanskgiving like a Fast Food Drive Thru. Get in, eat the food and get out as quickly as possible.

Besides the meal, I love the Thanksgiving Holiday. I love sleeping in on Thanksgiving, I love playing games alone before and after the meal and I love staying home on Friday, avoiding all the craziness. I hate the meal, but I love the holiday.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Ate with my grandparents on my Dad's side today, and we're going to eat with my Grandma on my moms side tomorrow. Very traditional and straightforward stuff.

Just trying to be thankful for what I have and let go of all the things I currently want, which is harder than it sounds.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Markies wrote:
laurenhiya21 wrote:I'm celebrating with just my fiance's family. As much as it would be nice to have my family over as well, Canada celebrates Thanksgiving in early October so it doesn't line up very well.

Two Thanksgivings in Two Months doesn't sound too bad...

Ah I only end up celebrating one Thanksgiving. I don't get time off for Canadian Thanksgiving and it's kind of difficult to go up to Canada for just a weekend. I wish I could celebrate two though!