Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Lokkenjawnz
128-bit

Re: Bay Area, CA Racketboy member's meet up planning - who's in?

by Lokkenjawnz Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:47 am

Hey I had another idea, maybe we can bring things that we'd like to sell/trade, make it into a mini-swap meet. I know there's a couple things I'd like to buy off you 707, but I figure there's no point in shipping it if we're going to meet up. Likewise I have a bunch of miscellaneous games and such that I haven't gotten around to making a thread for, and it'd certainly be easier for me to sell them in person. Just a thought. This sounds like it'll be a pretty epic meet up! So now the only question is when I suppose.
My Want List!

Consoles: Sega Master System, NES Toploader, Genesis/32X, Sega CDX, SNES, 3DO FZ-1, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PS2, Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox Halo Edition, Wii, PS3
Handhelds: Atari Lynx, Sega Nomad, Neo Geo Pocket Color, GBC (Atomic Purple, Pokemon Edition), GBA (Pink OG, Silver SP, Spongebob SP+), DS (Phat, iXL), 3DS, PSP (1000, Go)
ApolloBoy
128-bit

by ApolloBoy Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:58 am

Lokkenjawnz wrote:Hey I had another idea, maybe we can bring things that we'd like to sell/trade, make it into a mini-swap meet. I know there's a couple things I'd like to buy off you 707, but I figure there's no point in shipping it if we're going to meet up. Likewise I have a bunch of miscellaneous games and such that I haven't gotten around to making a thread for, and it'd certainly be easier for me to sell them in person. Just a thought. This sounds like it'll be a pretty epic meet up! So now the only question is when I suppose.

Sounds like a great idea, I've got quite a few things I'd like to unload.
Own: 2600, 2DS, 2DS XL, 360 S, 5200, 7800, 800, 800XL, AES, Amiga 600, C64, C64C, CV, DC, Duo-R, GB, GBA, GBA SP, GBC, GBP, Genesis 2, GG, JP SMS, Lynx, Mark III, Mega CD II, MD, MSX2+, N64, NES, NES top loader, Nomad, PCE, PSX, PS2, RetroUSB AVS, SAT, SFC, SG-1000 II, SMS, SNES mini, Switch, TE, Twin Fami, VIC-20, Wii, XEGS
arnold_the_bartender
64-bit

by arnold_the_bartender Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:16 am

Alrighty, I'm back. Let's get this thing organized. The collection room is in the backyard and is separate from the house. You know, secret hideout. 8)

I slightly modified my main setup and have a non-TMSS model 1 HDG Genesis/CD2/32X hooked, Saturn, Dreamcast, SMS, XBOX, Game Cube, and PSOne hooked to the HDTV. Only the Genesis/CD/32X is hooked through component (would've looked crap on AV) and the others are hooked through AV (and don't look too shabby as the Genesis would) because I haven't bought supplies for them yet for superior connections but I plan on doing that in the future. I can also hook our hacked Wii (if anyone wants, I'll have to move it from inside the house) and I have a pair of Wii component cables as well.

That leaves 3 extra CRTs but if anyone wants to bring an extra crt or tv, I can set it on the top shelf of the cart. I'll prepare several stations for us to game at. I have extra Genesii so if anyone wants another Genesis available, I can set up a station with a spare Genesis 2 or 3. Having a console with only AV cables is fine for two of the CRTs I have because I have an RF modulator to suit the coax. The other one is a big Sony Trinitron that has a set of AV ports.

Finalizing consoles... feel free to bring consoles that I do not have. We should coordinate who is bringing what, that way we don't bring unnecessary extras unless you want to bring something to sell/trade with anyone else. (capital idea Lokkenjawnz :) )

As for games, I do not have SFIII 3rd Strike but I do have 2nd Impact. Perhaps I should take some quick pics of my collection sometime this week. This way, I can show you guys what games I own and give a general idea as to how the place looks so we can coordinate this better. I've been doing some moving around though so things may look different after the pictures get taken.

I would've had an expansive NES collection and SNES collection but something bad happened in the past with those. :(

Edit: Almost forgot, I can bring in the PS2 and N64 from inside as well. I only have 1 N64 controller though.
What a maneuver!

My j00tube channel: http://www.youtube.com/arnoldthebartender
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:24 pm

arnold_the_bartender wrote:Edit: Almost forgot, I can bring in the PS2 and N64 from inside as well. I only have 1 N64 controller though.

i'm a big N64 collector and i can bring in my extra controllers, heck i even have two N64 Arcade sticks! what N64 game do you guys want to play? i'm thinking we can go old school NBA Jam style with NBA Hangtime for N64 if anybody is down with that. we can play 4 players with that or 4 player Mario Kart 64! i also have an extra Sony 13" Triton CRT i can bring if needed. keep the ideas coming guys. :)

edit: with the trades and such, i recommend everybody to look at each others sale thread before the event takes place.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
arnold_the_bartender
64-bit

by arnold_the_bartender Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Feel free to bring anything you want. I have Super Smash Bros, DK64 (but no expansion pak to run it unfortunately), Diddy Kong Racing, Starfox 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 1 & 2, and just a couple of sports games (a few Maddens, Kobe's, etc)

I don't have a sale thread but I do have games (dupes of what I have) that I need to part with. I'll take pictures of the game room as I said later on today and post them here or better yet, make a thread about it in the game rooms and theater section and we can reference it there.

Edit: How could I forget? I have Goldeneye as well. Both the N64 and Wii versions.
What a maneuver!

sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:49 pm

arnold_the_bartender wrote:Edit: How could I forget? I have Goldeneye as well. Both the N64 and Wii versions.

multiplayer Goldeneye N64 FTW! 8)

here's our beta list for now:

FPS: Goldeneye N64 (or maybe Wii)?
Sports: NBA Hangtime (N64)/NBA Jam (SNES)?
Racing: Mario Kart 64?
Fighting: Street Fighter 3 Third Strike DC?
Shump: Deathsmiles 360?

we can have more than one game per genre if needed or add another genre. what do you guys want to play? list them and lets all take a vote.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Lokkenjawnz
128-bit

by Lokkenjawnz Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:51 pm

For racing, I can bring a copy of Pen Pen Triicelon for the DC which is a ridiculous game, but it is a bit short on replay value because of only having like 4 tracks. Really fun game though, especially with 4 people!

I'll also see if I can bring my girlfriend's copy of California Speed for the N64, as I figure it's pretty well suited to this particular meet up! You can even race down Highway 17 to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. :lol:

I'm also definitely down for shmups, I've got some for the Genesis, and I've got an official Sega arcade stick to play them with! I've also got some semi-decent arcade sticks for the DC, as well as the Pelican Universal stick for GC/PS2/Xbox, so I've got a decent arcade set up for us should we need it!
My Want List!

Consoles: Sega Master System, NES Toploader, Genesis/32X, Sega CDX, SNES, 3DO FZ-1, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PS2, Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox Halo Edition, Wii, PS3
Handhelds: Atari Lynx, Sega Nomad, Neo Geo Pocket Color, GBC (Atomic Purple, Pokemon Edition), GBA (Pink OG, Silver SP, Spongebob SP+), DS (Phat, iXL), 3DS, PSP (1000, Go)
arnold_the_bartender
64-bit

by arnold_the_bartender Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:47 pm

In that case, I'll need someone to bring one additional DC controller because I only have 3. I'm about to post the pics I just took of the game room in a little bit. It will be in the game rooms and theater section.
What a maneuver!

arnold_the_bartender
64-bit

by arnold_the_bartender Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:20 pm

*bump*

The pics are up and in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26268
What a maneuver!

Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

by Bradtemple87 Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:55 pm

sevin0seven wrote:
arnold_the_bartender wrote:Edit: How could I forget? I have Goldeneye as well. Both the N64 and Wii versions.

multiplayer Goldeneye N64 FTW! 8)

here's our beta list for now:

FPS: Goldeneye N64 (or maybe Wii)?
Sports: NBA Hangtime (N64)/NBA Jam (SNES)?
Racing: Mario Kart 64?
Fighting: Street Fighter 3 Third Strike DC?
Shump: Deathsmiles 360?

we can have more than one game per genre if needed or add another genre. what do you guys want to play? list them and lets all take a vote.

I WILL bring SF 3rd strike and controllers if needed. I will also bring deathsmiles and raiden IV for 360, and was thinking today streets of rage 2 for genesis if anybody loves that game as much as I do!
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever