Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
DJSakuraba
16-bit

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by DJSakuraba Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:11 pm

So its ok for teachers to be texting on their phones during class, but its not ok for us to have them turned off in our pockets?
Made by the Talented MrAfterFx, Thanks man!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:13 pm

DJSakuraba wrote:So its ok for teachers to be texting on their phones during class, but its not ok for us to have them turned off in our pockets?

Yes.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

by Jrecee Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Luke wrote:
D.D.D. wrote:I finally had to tell the neighbor to take their damn dog in. Poor thing only wants their attention or to go for a walk. I hate how people buy dogs for f'n status symbols or some BS like that.

Tell me about it. In the book Caesar's Way, he has a list of 10 Questions you should ask yourself before getting a dog. I would like to print this out and pass it around my entire city. I'm not positive but I think the first 3 questions are; Do you have the time to take care of your dog (this includes walks, taking the dog out on a regular basis, taking time to spend time with the dog)? Can you afford your dog? Can you promise to clean up after your dog?

We've got a good dog park where I live. It's fenced in, and even has a clean up station that always has bags available to, ya know. It would be a great dog park, but several people don't pick up after their dog. It's inexcusable. I think it's simple: If you buy a dog, make sure you feed it, obey local leash laws, and clean up after it. You don't have to train your dog like I have. You don't have to spoil it rotten like I do. Just do the bare minimum and I'm fine with it. Obviously most people can't even do that.

*steps off soapbox*

Wait!

*gets back on soapbox*

And what happened to all the medium and large sized dogs? Every time I go to Petsmart it is filled with little yappy dogs. Even my best friend just bought two lil' yippers. These dog owners are usually the worst. They never clean up after their dogs, plus think it's okay to take their dog anywhere they want. Now I'm fine with dog friendly cities. In Alexandria Virginia you can pretty much take your dog with you anywhere. What gets me is that when some stores allow dogs in purses, but not dogs on a leash. And the leashes. I wish people would stop buying those 30 yard retractable leashes. Nothing says lazy like those leashes do.

I worked in a pet store. It's probably best that I don't get involved in this rant. But those retractable leashes are about as useful as not having a leash at all. People are shopping in aisle 8 while people trip over 40 feet of leash and their dog takes a shit in aisle 14. If you think it's offensive that people don't pick up their dogs shit outdoors, imagine them not picking it up off of a tile floor.

Shit I got involved.

Oh and people also think pet stores are some sort of unwanted animal drop off point as well.
Para
128-bit

by Para Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:43 am

I find it weird that pretty much every home console in the past 25 years had a light gun, but for some reason the N64 and Gamecube (as far as I know) don't have light guns. I guess its because light guns never really seem to be too popular, or sell very well with the exception of the Zapper. I am mainly talking about the Sega and Nintendo consoles but it applies to other ones too.

I am sure I am overlooking a few consoles (possibly the Neo Geo) but for the most part light guns have been a small part of gaming and I really wonder what light gun games would of been like on the N64 or other similar consoles.

P.s. Little dogs are stupid.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

by D.D.D. Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:22 am

dsheinem wrote:
DJSakuraba wrote:So its ok for teachers to be texting on their phones during class, but its not ok for us to have them turned off in our pockets?

Yes.

A hypocrite teacher? What's this? I can't believe it... Shocking development on the forums. :P
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
final fight cd
Next-Gen

by final fight cd Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:20 pm

amc has been doing a week long friday the 13th marathon, playing two a night. as of tonight, they are up to friday the 13: jason takes manhattan.

my review: they all suck

i think next week they are doing a week long marathon of "halloween" movies.

also, they have been promoting the shit out of their new series, the walking dead. it looks somewhat interesting. is anybody planing on watching this?
if you took a shit, please put it back
Snickerd00dle
Next-Gen

by Snickerd00dle Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:54 am

final fight cd wrote:amc has been doing a week long friday the 13th marathon, playing two a night. as of tonight, they are up to friday the 13: jason takes manhattan.

my review: they all suck

i think next week they are doing a week long marathon of "halloween" movies.

also, they have been promoting the shit out of their new series, the walking dead. it looks somewhat interesting. is anybody planing on watching this?

The Walking Dead is one of the best comic book series I have ever read, the fact that it is already getting a TV show should tell you something, Its only been out since 2003. The guy who is doing the show did Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile (Frank Darabont)--- SO if you enjoyed those you should check it out. Needless to say I am very excited
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:52 am

Snickerd00dle wrote:The Walking Dead is one of the best comic book series I have ever read, the fact that it is already getting a TV show should tell you something, Its only been out since 2003. The guy who is doing the show did Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile (Frank Darabont)--- SO if you enjoyed those you should check it out. Needless to say I am very excited

I watched the pilot a few days ago, but the link is now a no go.

It's incredible, and almost as good as the comic series.

Spoilers:

The show starts off with Rick shooting a little girl right between the eyes then goes into a slow-mo shot of her falling, followed by a shot of her dead, spurting blood.

So it doesn't follow the comic frame for frame from the beginning, but certainly does after that.

The intro credits are very reminiscent of The Sopranos. You see the lead character, you get the gist of what to expect, and that's all you get. You guys will all be creaming your jeans come 10/31.
final fight cd
Next-Gen

by final fight cd Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:00 pm

a few nights ago i was up late watching tv; i was in the 'in-between' state of being half awake and half asleep. a commerical comes on for what i think is an advertisement for a penis pump!?!? the actors didn't specifically say "penis pump," but it definitely was a tubular device. and...it is covered by medicare and most insurance companies! when i woke in the morning i didn't know if it was a dream or not, but sure enough, after looking online it is FACT.

it is funny, because when i was younger and first heard about a penis pump in the movie, austin powers, i thought it was a fictional device. but it ain't. it is real AND covered by most insurance companies.
final fight cd
Next-Gen

by final fight cd Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:41 pm

son of a bitch, i hate how explorer doesn't give the little red line for misspelled words.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever