Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by stickem Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:18 pm

RCBH928 wrote:Speaking of the devil, I coincidentally found myself watching the movie "Rookie of The Year" . I didn't think baseball shares popularity with soccer in Japan, but its just what I think not what I know. I am surprised to learn soccer is picking up in USA. I never understood why it was not any more popular in US&Canada. Its the #1 national sport near world wide. You would think it should be since USA&Canada is an immigrants country so they should bring that thing over with them. Maybe they finally did.

I think I heard basketball is promoted by the NBA in China as investment to make money off those 1 billion people in the growing economy. Surely stadiums will be sold out. I think they are trying to make a local franchise of their teams. I wonder if that works, like Beijing Lakers and LA Lakers.

i would say soccer is the most played here as far as youth. after that the better athletes go play other sports. it's way down the list as far as viewers/watched on tv.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:03 pm

The good thing about soccer is its accessible to everyone no need for special setup or tools like hockey sticks or baseball bats.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:19 am

Got 32GB micro-SD card for about $13. What has this world come to. Around 2002 I got a computer for about $2000 ($2900 FFI) that had 80GB hard disk... Its even micro-SD not full SD. Tech is crazy...
PretentiousHipster
128-bit

by PretentiousHipster Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:32 pm

Did anyone catch what happened at the blizzard conference? Copyright is at a strange place

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1362901765029527553

I did read too that Mickey Mouse's copyright will expire in 3 years. Curious to see what will happen.
marurun

by marurun Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:45 pm

The original Steamboat Mickey is already in the public domain, but the Mickey Mouse trademark lives forever. And only ancient versions of Mickey Mouse are available to folks.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:37 pm

I got a laptop from Windows 8 days. Has CPU which is like i5-m232 and an HDD. I mean I know its an older computer, but this thing moves in slow motion. Even Win 3.1 was faster than this. Launching an app can take up to a minute, even an Explorer window. The weird thing is that plays games just fine, like Ikaruga plays smooth like 60FPS. One thing to note is that the GPU is damaged, sometimes the screen would stop working and it will display random pink+white blocks which is resolved with a restart.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever