Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by isiolia Wed May 27, 2020 10:44 am

RCBH928 wrote:I am looking to buy for PC Max Payne, Puzzle Bobble(arcade), and Mortal Kombat(arcade). Any one knows where I can get these or point me which version? Was sequels of Puzzle Bobble? I have Mortal Kombat Kollection for PS3 is this an arcade port? looks different.

Max Payne (and the sequels) are on Steam. ACA Neo Geo Puzzle Bobble is on the Windows app store, and the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection is still technically being offered as a digital download from Amazon...though apparently there have been ratings issued for a new version of it so it might be better to wait for that.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Wed May 27, 2020 8:15 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Mortal Kombat Kollection has the arcade versions; so, you should be good there. Puzzle Bobble was outclassed by its sequels. If you must play the original game, I recommend the SNES port.

HOLD THE PHONE! An arcade perfect version of the original game is available for the Switch. It’s ACA Neo Geo Puzzle Bobble. I should have known it’d be there.

The SNES port? I am looking for the arcade version. What sequels? I played this game over 20 years ago in the arcades and I can't tell which one I played. How many sequels are there?

isiolia wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:I am looking to buy for PC Max Payne, Puzzle Bobble(arcade), and Mortal Kombat(arcade). Any one knows where I can get these or point me which version? Was sequels of Puzzle Bobble? I have Mortal Kombat Kollection for PS3 is this an arcade port? looks different.

Max Payne (and the sequels) are on Steam. ACA Neo Geo Puzzle Bobble is on the Windows app store, and the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection is still technically being offered as a digital download from Amazon...though apparently there have been ratings issued for a new version of it so it might be better to wait for that.

Steam was the first place I looked, I could have swore it didn't exist. Anyway I checked again there is a page for something called Max Payne RU with no images or videos and (73) positive reviews. It says English language not supported?! I thought this was an all time classic.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Thu May 28, 2020 12:15 am

RCBH928 wrote:Steam was the first place I looked, I could have swore it didn't exist. Anyway I checked again there is a page for something called Max Payne RU with no images or videos and (73) positive reviews. It says English language not supported?! I thought this was an all time classic.

Maybe it's regional? https://store.steampowered.com/app/12140/Max_Payne/
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Thu May 28, 2020 8:10 pm

isiolia wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:Steam was the first place I looked, I could have swore it didn't exist. Anyway I checked again there is a page for something called Max Payne RU with no images or videos and (73) positive reviews. It says English language not supported?! I thought this was an all time classic.

Maybe it's regional? https://store.steampowered.com/app/12140/Max_Payne/

Yes "This item is currently unavailable in your region"
They force you into pirating software!
Sorry mods, i thought I posted this question in Random Gaming Thoughts thread, this does not belong here.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Fri May 29, 2020 11:01 pm

Why no one refers to the internet as the "inet" any more?
marurun

by marurun Fri May 29, 2020 11:05 pm

RCBH928 wrote:Why no one refers to the internet as the "inet" any more?

When was this a thing? I’ve never done that.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Fri May 29, 2020 11:10 pm

marurun wrote:

I'm fairly young but I've never heard of this either.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
This account isn't used much anymore. You can find me on reddit and steam @ SamuraiMegas as well.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sat May 30, 2020 7:15 am

The only abbreviation I've ever heard for internet is calling it "the web" (not knowing the difference between the internet and the World Wide Web).

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat May 30, 2020 9:11 pm

marurun wrote:

somewhere between 1998-2000
I thought the term was much more popular
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sun May 31, 2020 11:37 pm

I always felt Nickelodeon had the potential to be the Anti-Disney but some how they lost their potential. Their shows from the 90s had such unique character to them, I can't define it, but I know its there.

One a side note, I watched a little bit of the Disney channel and it seems that younger audience shows formulae has not changed one bit since the mid 90s(or 80s), they are almost all replicas of each other except now they are missing the star actors like Miley Cyrus or Raven.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever