Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 19057
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:42 am

Weren't we just talking about how Racketboy needs new and original threads as opposed to just bumping old mass threads? All this TV & DVD talk is a prime example.
User avatar
Ziggy587
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 12302
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by Ziggy587 Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:54 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Weren't we just talking about how Racketboy needs new and original threads as opposed to just bumping old mass threads? All this TV & DVD talk is a prime example.


Good point. New thread here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52909
Image
User avatar
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5087
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:02 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by Forlorn Drifter Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:53 am

I wish I could find somewhere to ask comic questions where I could get answers to questions that don't come off with a random list of individual floppies where I have no idea how they fit together. Even specifically asking for trades/Omnibuses I get a list like "Batman 645-647, Nightwing 4-12, Justice League 45, and Detective comics 72". That's great, but what storyline is that? Does it have a name? Is it collected anywhere?
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
User avatar
marurun
Moderator
 
Posts: 9497
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by marurun Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:53 am

Usually the GNs have a subtitle that indicates that, though not always.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
User avatar
Ziggy587
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 12302
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by Ziggy587 Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:06 pm

I love graphic T-shirts that are really subtle. Like a reference you would only get if you were a fan. I found a variation of this shirt in the mall the other day...

Image

...and picked it up. It's from the recent movie adaptation of It (the King novel).
Image
User avatar
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5087
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:02 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by Forlorn Drifter Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:44 pm

marurun wrote:Usually the GNs have a subtitle that indicates that, though not always.

True, though the info on wikis and the like seems to stay about 2 years behind, which can be frustrating. I still get suggested Long Halloween and Dark Victory, but there's an omnibus that includes both of those and Catwoman in Rome, but nobody ever mentions it.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
User avatar
marurun
Moderator
 
Posts: 9497
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by marurun Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:04 pm

Catwoman in Rome sounds like a naughty medieval tract some novice priest is hiding behind a brick in his alcove.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
User avatar
RCBH928
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4751
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:40 am

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by RCBH928 Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:01 am

I bought an expensive wifi repeater and it failed after few uses. I am disgusted by the quality of manufactured products today. It is very often that you purchase an item and it will malfunction. Hard to accept coming from the 90s where if an electronic device would malfunction after 2 years of use is considered "cheap quality".
User avatar
bmoc
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by bmoc Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:45 am

RCBH928 wrote:I bought an expensive wifi repeater and it failed after few uses. I am disgusted by the quality of manufactured products today. It is very often that you purchase an item and it will malfunction. Hard to accept coming from the 90s where if an electronic device would malfunction after 2 years of use is considered "cheap quality".

You know the old saying? "Fast, inexpensive, and reliable: pick 2." Most of the time, I'd say it is pretty accurate. However, I have been very impressed with Ubiquiti network gear as of late. It seems to be all three with a little tweaking.

Something not everyone knows about their Unifi line of products is that they can all be mesh access points (not just the ones advertised as mesh). Mesh doesn't suffer the same performance hit that extenders do. I'd give them a look. https://www.ui.com/products/#unifi
User avatar
marurun
Moderator
 
Posts: 9497
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by marurun Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:54 am

Grab an Orbi router and satellite. I'm finding it is fantastic. It does cost a little bit, but it's damn effective.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests