Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

casterofdreams wrote:
stickem wrote:
Bikeage wrote:Did that one guy who wanted to be a filmmaker ever move to NYC?

Lol. Tempting, but if i can't say something nice, I better not. At least on that subject.

People wanna live in NYC and I’m sitting here trying to get out of NYC :lol:

Time to pull a Dan Akroyd and do some Trading Places!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Time to pull a Dan Akroyd and do some Trading Places!

Yeah I’m good thanks.

stickem wrote:Well take a job as a seasonal dishwasher and blow all your money on games and crap and I'm sure you'll be forced to.

If that’s not a third degree burn then I don’t know what is :lol:

I plan on making the move to the state across the Hudson some time next year. I’ve been working in NJ for nearly five years. I think it’s time. I’m starting to lose my shit with driving to and from work.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I guess I did go top rope huh? Just a little brutal honesty, lol. After 8 years or so, you're going to have to do something different to achieve your goals or go down another road.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

stickem wrote:I guess I did go top rope huh? Just a little brutal honesty, lol. After 8 years or so, you're going to have to do something different to achieve your goals or go down another road.

I’m right there with ya buddy.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I'll be 35 soon. Funny to think back, when I joined this forum I was unmarried and had no kids.

I really thought you were older given how you are into the earlier games, stuff from pre-snes days

nullPointer wrote:I prefer to get the distilled version from you guys (and a couple of other spots) rather than watch the tired old industry hype machine in its endless machinations of cycling up and back down again.

I used to think like you, but then I changed my mind. When I was younger I was into wrestling. As I got older I got tired of hearing the color commentators hyping the biggest star or "not believing" how powerful a move is. After giving it some thought, its a cycle. While I got tired of it, there is a new young 8 year old who is hearing this commentator and getting excited for the exchange of belts or watching a finisher performed 3 times in a row.

Same goes for videogames. Like you I am tired of the hype machine, but probably there is a 10 year old out there that is only imagining how powerful the next PS5 will be.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I'm already starting to remember why I quit getting on here very often. Hell I don't have a great track record from being a retarded kid when I first got on here but jeez, I think i might take a break again.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

SamuraiMegas wrote:I'm already starting to remember why I quit getting on here very often. Hell I don't have a great track record from being a retarded kid when I first got on here but jeez, I think i might take a break again.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't post very often anymore but I still lurk a lot and Racketboy has always been one of the more welcoming/less judgmental communities I've seen. Things may have changed a bit but I'm not sure because I mostly just look at things of interest and go about my day. But if anything about it is toxic to you then you should definitely take a break. It's hard enough dealing with "real life". If an internet forum is giving any added stress, it may not be worth it.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

harper wrote:
SamuraiMegas wrote:I'm already starting to remember why I quit getting on here very often. Hell I don't have a great track record from being a retarded kid when I first got on here but jeez, I think i might take a break again.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't post very often anymore but I still lurk a lot and Racketboy has always been one of the more welcoming/less judgmental communities I've seen. Things may have changed a bit but I'm not sure because I mostly just look at things of interest and go about my day. But if anything about it is toxic to you then you should definitely take a break. It's hard enough dealing with "real life". If an internet forum is giving any added stress, it may not be worth it.

It's not even toxic for me, it's just some of these users are just complete headasses and I can't call them out on it. I literally have a list of five or so I just want to sit down and call them a jackass like Red from That's 70s show.

My BST Thread
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

SamuraiMegas wrote:
harper wrote:

It's not even toxic for me, it's just some of these users are just complete headasses and I can't call them out on it. I literally have a list of five or so I just want to sit down and call them a jackass like Red from That's 70s show.

Oh I would love to hear that!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Honestly, I've had to stop myself at least half a dozen times from doing so the past month or so. I don't know why old video games bring out such awful people but it's happened.

My BST Thread