Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by pierrot »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I was thinking of him the other day, and the weird scam he attempted to pull. Hope he's doing okay.

Yeah! I hope so too. It was sort of surreal watching that all play out.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

RCBH928 wrote:
stickem wrote:I dont get the make offer listings on Ebay. About 90% of the time I can be within a buck of the asking price and get declined. Why offer the "make offer" option if you don't take any offer?

My only guess its "ON" by default so sellers don't bother changing it for each item they list especially when you are selling 100s of items

This is accurate. Also, the ability to uncheck this box is hidden in a collapsible menu, so most sellers probably don't even know how to set their listings to not accept offers.

*And then* if a seller is diligent and makes sure that their listings don't accept offers, after about ten days they'll receive a message from eBay with the good news that their listings are now able to accept offers! If they still don't to accept offers, they have to revise their items one by one.

eBay doesn't give a rat's ass if sellers get a good price for their items. They just want that product to move!
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Just completed watching That 70s Show, as much as I liked the series that season 8 was probably one of the worst final seasons to any series.
What sitcom goes on without 2 of its main characters? Story lines that don't make sense and they introduce a new guy that doesn't seem able to get a "pass" grade in an acting school.

They probably had to do this season due to previously signed contracts.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Yeah, I liked That 70s Show, but the last season was pretty phoned in. Scrubs was kind of the same way, but I think in either case, I enjoyed so much of those shows before the final seasons that I just sort of watched them jump the shark out of obligation.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

pierrot wrote:Yeah, I liked That 70s Show, but the last season was pretty phoned in. Scrubs was kind of the same way, but I think in either case, I enjoyed so much of those shows before the final seasons that I just sort of watched them jump the shark out of obligation.

Scrubs season 8 is the real last season, says the creator of the series. Season 9 wasn't really "phoned in," it was meant to be a new series or a spin-off. Think Star Trek TOS and TNG. The returning characters were only meant to bridge the old series to the new. The network made them keep the name though, and called it season 9.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrubs_(season_9)#Background wrote:Lawrence considered the eighth season to be the end of the show Scrubs, going so far as to ask ABC if he could change the name to Scrubs Med. ABC declined, but Lawrence still advised fans to treat it as a new show, even putting a caption under the "Created By" on the X-ray in the opening sequence saying [Med School].

Season 8 is the real ending of Scrubs, and the final episode of season 8 is a proper good bye. I've watched through season 9 twice, but usually when I watch through the series I stop watching after season 8.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Oh, I forgot about that. Didn't they actually do a season with just the new residents, or something? I was kind of ticked that they did that Season 9 thing, just because I thought the ending to Season 8 was so perfect (despite that season also feeling like things had kind of run their course early on into that one).
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

If you guys are not running PiHole on your network... you should!
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

What's up with kids wearing band shirts they don't listen to? Case in point my daughter who wears a Metallica tshirt. I asked "you cant even name a Metallica song". She replied with St. Anger. My response, well I'm still waiting lol. Guess it's a trend.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Yea metal shirts are on the rage these days. Funny cause as a 14 year old metalhead I was considered a loser for having a denim vest with cannibal corpse patches, but then again that is edgy in a cringeworthy way.

H&M did it the funniest. They weren't even real bands...

https://www.metalsucks.net/2015/03/23/c ... tal-bands/
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I've also noticed teenagers wearing clothes with Kodak and Polaroid logos. I haven't asked, but I STRONGLY SUSPECT that these aren't folks who are passionate about analog photography.

But I remember when I was in high school in the early 2000s, there were kids who would wear shirts for things like a 1970s Led Zepplin tour that happened a decade before they were born, so I guess it's nothing too new.