Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Ziggy »

I was a smoker for about 16 years, which is about half my life.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

When I moved into this apartment this socket was really loose and eventually pulling out the bulb seemed to break the whole thing. Anyone have a fixture like this? Can I just buy a new socket or something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IJUNQXG

Never replaced anything like this whatsoever or feel too comfortable around electrical stuff, but I'm getting tired of my living room only being partially lit. Any ideas?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I give up on the bulb issue.

Weather dipped like crazy last night, which reminded me I've heard there's some spray products out there that are good for melting ice on windows/door handles. My Civic doors freeze up quite easily so I'd like to check one of these sprays out. Any recs?
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

[quote="Xeogred"]I give up on the bulb issue.

Weather dipped like crazy last night, which reminded me I've heard there's some spray products out there that are good for melting ice on windows/door handles. My Civic doors freeze up quite easily so I'd like to check one of these sprays out. Any recs?[/quote]

you haven't used needle nose pliers to bend it away from the threads of the fixture and pull it out? shouldn't take but a few minutes and little force. turn the breaker off of course. it should cut the circuit off with just the wall switch off if it's wired correctly but you never know how shit is wired up.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Hey folks, I'm heading to Italy for a week. I'll see y'all when I get back. I may have the occasional chance to check in, but we'll see.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Ack wrote:Hey folks, I'm heading to Italy for a week. I'll see y'all when I get back. I may have the occasional chance to check in, but we'll see.

So jealous! Have fun! Watch some giallos on the way over!
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

Ack wrote:Hey folks, I'm heading to Italy for a week. I'll see y'all when I get back. I may have the occasional chance to check in, but we'll see.

Have fun Ack! Definitely one of my favorite countries to visit. Don't forget to fill up on pizza, gelato, and coffee! (caffè corretto FTW!) Yeah ... I guess it's a good thing I don't live there: I'd probably feast my way right into a diabetic coma. :|
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Italy's a great country. I asked my tour guide if I could see your Naples and she slapped me!
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I hope it's a good trip and I vote you post some awesome photos when you get back!
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Enjoy your trip, Ack! Eat some good stuff while you're over there! Fresh pizza and pastries are the best!