Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
harper
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by harper »

The only thing I've ever used Facebook for was to look at the Facebook page of my local game store (to check inventory) and honestly I don't even know why I bother doing that. Look at how much they suck.

http://www.facebook.com/powerupvideogames

If you can't tell by looking at that, just take my word for it.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

harper wrote:The only thing I've ever used Facebook for was to look at the Facebook page of my local game store (to check inventory) and honestly I don't even know why I bother doing that. Look at how much they suck.

Maybe I have low standards, but their prices seem fine to me.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

Hobie-wan wrote:I have also helped clean out a duplex that some disgusting people had skipped out leaving their rotting mess behind.

That's half my job actually. I manage a commercial cleaning company we go into huge office and warehouse spaces and clean them up once a month so they can be shown to try and lease them out. Of course we also have to go into the newly vacated ones and they are usually fubar.
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

BoringSupreez wrote:
harper wrote:The only thing I've ever used Facebook for was to look at the Facebook page of my local game store (to check inventory) and honestly I don't even know why I bother doing that. Look at how much they suck.

Maybe I have low standards, but their prices seem fine to me.

Yeah, S&K for $6 seems like a good deal to me.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

flex wood wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote:I have also helped clean out a duplex that some disgusting people had skipped out leaving their rotting mess behind.

That's half my job actually. I manage a commercial cleaning company we go into huge office and warehouse spaces and clean them up once a month so they can be shown to try and lease them out. Of course we also have to go into the newly vacated ones and they are usually fubar.

Do you ever find good stuff, like old coins?
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

New inside joke between myself and a few friends: REAL (whatever). REAL baseball, aka Wii Sports Baseball, for example is so REAL that it has three innings, lets you get home runs from the couch, and the half a second it takes for someone to drop a ball and catch it as it's falling makes enough of a difference for the runner to make it to the next base, yet it takes at least five seconds to get from second to third. REAL baseball, guys!
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Currently writing out my want list on my BST and it's so freaking long. :lol:

I discovered Nintendo still sells replacement batteries for the GBA SP. Went ahead and bought up one of those for when my GBA battery eventually starts going bad.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Special Edition is the same price as a regular Xbox 360 game. Interesting.
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

OldSchool_Boy wrote:Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Special Edition is the same price as a regular Xbox 360 game. Interesting.

You are referring to the 360 version of the HD Collection: LE, right? MGS must really not be as popular among the Xbox crowd, judging by the price gap betweem the 360 and PS3 LE's. No wonder Konami never bothered with porting MGS4.
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

BoringSupreez wrote:
OldSchool_Boy wrote:Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Special Edition is the same price as a regular Xbox 360 game. Interesting.

You are referring to the 360 version of the HD Collection: LE, right? MGS must really not be as popular among the Xbox crowd, judging by the price gap betweem the 360 and PS3 LE's. No wonder Konami never bothered with porting MGS4.

Yep. So wonderfully priced it is.

In unrelated thoughts:
The new Marvel pinball machines on FX Pinball 2 are great!
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.