Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Octopod
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Octopod »

noiseredux wrote:Is Ikaruga eye-ka-roo-ga ?

Pretty sure it is E - ka - roo - ga
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty sure it's Ikaruga.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Post by slowslow325 »

jfrost wrote:It's Grah-dee-oos. Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sKx8qofJPI

Last time I checked the Japanese pronounce some things differently than us...

Also how do you guys pronounce "Lakitu"? I say Luh - Kee' - Too. Most people swear that it's Lah' - Kee - Too, but I pronounce it based on Mario Party 7 in the mic minigame where you send out enemines in the water, after you say "Lakitu" it says "Lakitu".

Google Scribe fun:

Youtube isn't good for you and your family to enjoy a good meal and a drink for the first time in the future and the future of the world. Gmail isn't very good at it and it is not a valid stream resource in C minor for Piano and Orchestra No. 1 in the world of the living room and dining room with a view to share. Google isn't very good when it comes to the rescue of the crew of the ship and the crew of the ship.
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

Does anybody know of a DS games in which it was first to feature 2 DS cartridges in the DS case? it may have been a rpg game.

Does anyone know of a DS game possibly RPG game which features voice dialogue in the game?

I'm not sure if it was supposed to be dragon quest 9 or another rpg? I know its one cartridge for DQ9.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

noiseredux wrote:Is Ikaruga eye-ka-roo-ga ?

I only knew the Japanese pronunciation as I had only read about it before it came out. Went to GameStop and asked for (いかるが) and the dude threw me the confused-dog-look. So I said the new Treasure shooter, was on DC, now on GC. He says ICK-A-roooga and I just thought, so that's what it is in English. :)
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

I don't care what the other driver did. If you lay on the horn for half a block, you're the one who looks like a jerk.

Similarly, if you're in an urban area and honking your horn, you're punishing nearby pedestrians a lot more than you are the other driver. Those things are loud when you're not enclosed in a vehicle cab!
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Limewater wrote:I don't care what the other driver did. If you lay on the horn for half a block, you're the one who looks like a jerk.

Similarly, if you're in an urban area and honking your horn, you're punishing nearby pedestrians a lot more than you are the other driver. Those things are loud when you're not enclosed in a vehicle cab!

:lol: You pretty much described why I don't use my horn much.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Does it seem foolish to frame a poster? I got the Zelda poster set from Club Nintendo and I'm thinking of framing the time line one...
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

D.D.D. wrote:Does it seem foolish to frame a poster? I got the Zelda poster set from Club Nintendo and I'm thinking of framing the time line one...

I don't think so. It protects the poster and makes it look nicer. I wish I had my posters framed.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
yosh
16-bit

Post by yosh »

benderx wrote:Does anybody know of a DS games in which it was first to feature 2 DS cartridges in the DS case? it may have been a rpg game.

Does anyone know of a DS game possibly RPG game which features voice dialogue in the game?

I'm not sure if it was supposed to be dragon quest 9 or another rpg? I know its one cartridge for DQ9.

Final Fantasy IV has some voice acting I'm pretty sure.