Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by RCBH928 Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:05 am

people are indulging on big screen TVs, but I feel small screen TVs had their charm especially when watching the news or some live event.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:16 pm

So, I learned today that a lot of anime fans seem to watch an enormous amount of anime. To a weird point, even watching things they don't like. I don't get that. Heck, in the last two days alone I quit Violence Jack after the first OVA, and got through two of Angel Cop before that bored me...
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:31 pm

Yes, many anime fans take that historian route, consuming as much of the medium as they can. Even the "low quality" stuff can be intriguing from a certain perspective.

I'm not an anime fanatic, but I've certainly bought and played video games I knew were terrible, and relished in the (lack of) quality. It's all about the exploration.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:22 pm

I understand that side of it, I'm just thinking more of "generic fantasy/mecha anime #36", which is just mediocre. Totally competent, just... boring.

Like, I watched Angel Cop and Violence Jack for the gore. Angel Cop was just kind of boring to me, and Violence Jack had rape, so I was out.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:19 am

It amazes me how many times I searched Netflix library for a movie only to find it in their library. If you will make it so hard to find the good movies, why would you pay license fees in the first place?
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:45 pm

There has been lots of speculation about who bought Stark/Avengers tower in the MCU. Leading theories are Norman Osborn, Reed Richards, and Roxxon. Any of those would be fine. But you know who would be better than fine? David Xanatos.

It would be pretty easy to integrate Gargoyles into Marvel's Arthurian lore. They've already cast Elizabeth Hurley as Morgan le Faye and Kit Harington as the Black Knight so they clearly have some medieval/Arthurian stuff in the works. Make this happen Kevin Feige!
MrPopo

by MrPopo Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:59 pm

It IS a Disney property...
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:25 pm

MrPopo wrote:It IS a Disney property...

SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:25 pm

I meant to make a little post about this a month ago, but I'm just getting around to it.
I've been on this forum for seven years, and by god does it not seem like it. I literally joined when I was 12 years old (sorry about that) and made a bunch of stupid posts, and generally didn't fit in too well. The other night I looked back at a bunch of threads and posts I've made... thanks everyone for putting up with me. I've grown a lot since then. It's kind of weird, looking back. I joined this forum as a little kid cause I thought the Genesis was neat. I didn't really think I'd be around too long, especially with my stupid ass attempts at trolling (again forgive me, i was a literal child.) but here I am now, 20 years old, in a long term relationship planning my future.

I went from using the internet to post shitty memes and troll, now it's an exciting place where I can make industry connections and join in communities. This is the first community I was in that accepted me (even if it may have been begrudgingly so) and I just want to thank everyone here for that. I can look at my old posts and see myself slowly growing as a person, testing the waters for new ideas and self expression to an extent and I think it helped me a lot in feeling comfortable with making friends and connections with people that are my senior.

I went through a lot in the time I've been here... middle/high school, abuse, drug addiction, and I always was able to find a home here with people I could shoot the shit with over video games or whatever. The traffic here may be slowing down a bit, but I'll be here til the sites shut down. I've made a lot of memories here, and friends.

Thanks to everyone here for putting up with me, and here's to another 7 years.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:17 am

Don’t worry, Samurai. Even when you were literally a child, you were still a much better member than some of the posters who were, ostensibly, adults. :lol: You’re a great member; we’re happy to have you here; and it’s been nice watching you grow up.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever