Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Anapan »

That bottom pic is my couch - a rockman 2 pillow, Scarface blanket, and pac-man sleeping bag visible. The t-shirts are iron-on transfers. They're not the highest quality, but can go through about 8 wash cycles before they start to crack and fade. My brother and I are starting to put together a vinyl print-shop so by next year I'll be able to do proper vinyl pressed shirts.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
marurun

Post by marurun »

I know vinyl looks good but it’s so heavy and hot on the front.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

You can choose the weight (thickness), but I agree they feel kinda gross on t-shirts. Better on thicker material like sweatshirts and hoodies. I looked into dye sublimation printers that can embed pigment directly into fabrics and most any surface, but I'm mostly doing this for wide format vinyl overlay for my arcade cabinets and stickers for my hardhat. I got tired of paying people to do something I'd like to have more control over and do myself. My brother is interested in the t-shirt aspect because he has a lot of good ideas, but again, doesn't want to pay the premium to have it done for him. Being able to do vehicle wraps and all the rest is just a bonus since I want to buy well over hobbyist-level scrapbooking technology (Cricut, Silhouette, Brother home level just seem too limited). Not that I shouldn't get one of those instead of the larger format professional machines I'm looking at because of the amount I will likely use it. I've been planning this for too long to not make sure I completely get every ability I want.
If someone were looking to only make some stickers and hoodies, I'd definitely recommend you look into the mid level Cricut or that neat Brother AIO.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I have a circular birth mark on my leg the size of a half dollar- I'm getting meatwad from Aqua Teen Hunger Force tattooed on it on monday, and then I'm getting a Howl's Moving Castle piece done on my thigh. I'll be at 5 tats- 1/2 way done getting all the ones I want!
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Whatever happened to virtual worlds? Back like in early 2000's they seemed all the rage and the future. PS3 had Home but it got shutdown. I wonder why it didn't pickup.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The answer to any "whatever happened to..." question is "it wasn't popular enough".
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

MrPopo wrote:The answer to any "whatever happened to..." question is "it wasn't popular enough".

What a shitty answer that is, too. There's a whole lot that could be said about a product's demise besides "not popular enough." Like, toys that had recalls, things that got replaced by better products, services that got swamped with negative members, etc.

It's the reason why there's a multi-page thread about what happened to Racketboy. Imagine a mod locking the thread after 1 post because, "It just wasn't popular enough." :roll:
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Also, they didn’t really go away? They just never hit it mainstream. Isn’t there a vrchat thing currently which is like a virtual world?
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

MrPopo wrote:The answer to any "whatever happened to..." question is "it wasn't popular enough".

Not really, more like "its unpopular now" which is just paraphrasing "whatever happened..." but the question is WHY.
Like whatever happened to Blackberry phones? "it wasn't popular enough"... yeah but why not? because the company dropped the ball with archaic OS, high prices, not developing something new, short battery life...etc etc.

Last I heard virtual worlds had their fans
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I think it's hilarious that these idealized anime goddesses got mobbed by foot-tall Ungandan Knuckles swarms spitting on "Fake Queen", then searching again for the way and their real queen.
Origin
Sings
Model
Footage of the invasion (Truly the peak of VR world building)
Sonic Mania MOD
Music Video

My favorite meme ever. I'm wearing a Ugandan Knuckles shirt. My niece and nephew both have high quality (as they come) custom-made Ugandan Knuckles plushes off Etsy.

AFAICT (only looked into it enough to say "nope!") the virtual worlds are actually runnin; There's a lot of private ones running anyway, and the best money in freelance 3D artistry is making custom avatars. That whole thing about the cyberpunk game allowing custom genitals is old news in the 3DVR industry. Whaleand dolphin penii for miles No expense spared! 4K resolution worthy textures and all!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage