Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Exhuminator »

Xeogred wrote:I might consider this. I hear the gummy stuff is easier to digest.

I started taking them because yes they are easier on your stomach, but also due to research showing the body absorbs more vitamins from gummy versus tablet. However I want to point out that the brand I linked is made of pectin, not gelatin, because vegetarian.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Also helps to take multivitamins at the same time you eat something with some fats in it, as a lot are fat-soluble.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

No worries on the pectin. Maybe I'll check those gummies out, I was playing with the idea of taking multi vitamins on the weekends "just in case". lol

@Sarge: I'd like to go OLED next... I hope it takes off and becomes the new standard. Blacks and colors are definitely something the CRT's could still do a little better over normal HDTV's.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Multi-vitamins are only mildly helpful in specific circumstances. You should only take vitamins if your body is specifically lacking a particular substance or your diet sucks

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/healthy_aging/healthy_body/is-there-really-any-benefit-to-multivitamins

But, there are other views on this.

NPR describes some studies showing very mild benefits in key cases (men don't see as much benefit as women).

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/01/30/382587987/study-sheds-light-on-benefits-of-multivitamins

And Harvard just clearly disagrees with Johns Hopkins.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/multivitamin/
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Actually a deficiency is why I started taking Centrum regularly, and it's been effective enough my doctor is pleased, so I'm good to go.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

I take vitamins because I'm a good little Hulkamaniac, and otherwise I won't grow up to be big and strong like the Hulkster says.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Well, it finally happened. Because I watch so many international films, shorts, and trailers on YouTube, I often find I get...interesting commercials, generally in Spanish. Today I got a French political advertisement. Now that was just weird.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

I wish I had a pause button for life, where I would play videogames for 10 days with nothing else to worry about.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I fear I might be back on the path to the dark side, drinking soda again.

But I only plan to do this on Saturday's, for an extra kick that I need midday. I work 8am to 4:30pm Tue-Fri, and then 6:15am to 2:25pm on Saturday's (up at 4:45am). So that kind of kills Friday night hangouts for me and Saturday is my main hangout night, but it can be a little hard sometimes. I can sometimes take naps, but I'm not a huge fan of that (often feel worse after a nap). Other times I've been able to come home after work and do some yoga, which energizes me. But it has to be a good day for that haha.

So yeah... soda/coffee might be a weird solution.

Maybe V8? lol

Anyone else ever been in a similar situation?

EDIT: After that Pepsi, I just feel like garbage now. Not unexpected. I feel crappy on Saturday's no matter what haha. Need to figure out some kind of trick.

RB is officially dead today. Everyone is out partying Saturday's.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Xeogred wrote:coffee might be a weird solution

Coffee is always the solution, nothing weird about it. 8)
PLAY KING'S FIELD.