Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by strangenova »

Xeogred wrote:With Michael Jackson being all over Sonic 3... it could happen haha.

Also strangenova, I take it everything was good on your end after the storms and all?

Yes, my family and friends are all safe. My sister and her husband lost their camper home and most of their belongings due to the flooding, but they are alive and well. No one else in my family had anything more than minimal weather damage. Thanks for asking Xeo.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

At a point where my three year old is getting to enjoy music and he has decided to love Taylor Swift. I have to listen to Shake it off and bad blood everyday.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Yeah my daughter puts on that album every night before bed.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

*Reading through random internet articles*

"Blumhouse is making a new Halloween reboot..."

:evil:

"....Jamie Lee Curtis will reprise her iconic role as Laurie Strode...."

:D Never mind, you're forgiven.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

strangenova wrote:At a point where my three year old is getting to enjoy music and he has decided to love Taylor Swift. I have to listen to Shake it off and bad blood everyday.

Show her the music video for "Gimme Chocolate" by Babymetal. That will cure her.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

MrPopo wrote:
strangenova wrote:At a point where my three year old is getting to enjoy music and he has decided to love Taylor Swift. I have to listen to Shake it off and bad blood everyday.

Show her the music video for "Gimme Chocolate" by Babymetal. That will cure her.

He doesn't like any of my music that leans toward a heavier variety, I'm not done trying though.

Should I pull the trigger on Hulu everyone? I've got Netflix, but Hulu has a lot of shows I like on it. I'm kind of worried I'll get sucked into the tv vortex and not have enough time for games
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

strangenova wrote:Should I pull the trigger on Hulu everyone? I've got Netflix, but Hulu has a lot of shows I like on it. I'm kind of worried I'll get sucked into the tv vortex and not have enough time for games

I've had NetFlix and added Hulu almost a year ago. I watch the same amount of TV as I always do. Having both didn't double my TV time since I can only use one at a time, so it didn't affect my gaming time at all. You either feel like watching TV or you feel like playing video games. Having access to more video games wouldn't keep you from watching TV, would it?
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Ziggy587 wrote:
strangenova wrote:Should I pull the trigger on Hulu everyone? I've got Netflix, but Hulu has a lot of shows I like on it. I'm kind of worried I'll get sucked into the tv vortex and not have enough time for games

I've had NetFlix and added Hulu almost a year ago. I watch the same amount of TV as I always do. Having both didn't double my TV time since I can only use one at a time, so it didn't affect my gaming time at all. You either feel like watching TV or you feel like playing video games. Having access to more video games wouldn't keep you from watching TV, would it?

It's not the access to hulu, it's access to all those shows that would keep me from gaming. If I have game that I really want to play then I won't watch any tv til I'm over it. I only do one or the other, I know alot of people will play a game and just netflix in the background, but I cant. I give whatever I'm doing my full focus.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Yeah, same here. When I'm playing a game I don't have the TV on. I know people that would game and listen to music. I like to focus on just one thing at a time.

What I'm saying is, adding Hulu (and gaining access to more things to watch) shouldn't affect whatever your current habits are. Do you ask the same question before buying a new game console? Since I don't use cable TV anymore, I looked at adding Hulu like gaining another channel to watch. I still watch the same amount of TV per day or week, I just have more things that I'm able to watch. You might binge Hulu after first getting it, but people tend to do that with anything that's new. After the magic wears off, you'll more than likely go back to whatever your current habits are. If there's a game you feel like playing, then you'll be playing it, despite how much video content you have access to.

Having accessing to more shows doesn't keep me from playing games, it just ensures that the day never comes where I have nothing to watch on Hulu or Netflix.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Can data sync cables die too easily? I use a wired Xbox One controller for PC gaming, accidentally dropped the controller to the soft carpet... literally not even a foot from my position and the floor and it knocked the connection out. Now it won't work at all, no matter what USB port. I quickly realized the PS4 has the same wire, used that one and it works fine. So... I guess the other wire is dead?

I kept stumbling upon "data sync cables" so I guess that's what I need. Anyone have a suggested brand or anything? This looks good:
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Charging- ... B01EUSL4C0

I can just use the one that came with the PS4 for now, but yeah just in case...