Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Was looking at 10 year old posts on a film forum I go on and I'm remembering the days when we found out about Amos Vogel's book, learned about Viennese Actionism and watched those shorts. I always wanted to tell gore fans to look up those shorts because they are by far the most disturbing things I've seen, and at least they can be commentary on stuff aside from the edgelord dick swinging contests of low budget pseudo-snuff films.

There's a YouTube video of a horror fan watching stuff from one of the artists of that movement and seeing his reaction to it was one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen. He does end up puking though so a warning for anyone who doesn't like seeing people puke.

https://youtu.be/smdA2OLZSuc
Ack

Post by Ack »

Ooh, sounds like a GG Allen concert. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up, PH.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Turns out he pukes in part 2 of the series, but yea even just the stuff he is describing is nsfw. I remember all of us being scarred for life when seeing those shorts, but I think that Hermann Nistch makes some fantastic classical music if you're into the scary kind.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Got some "CBD-infused" water at the natural food store and it tastes like shit. It was also like $6 for 20 oz. What the fuck was I thinking.
Ack

Post by Ack »

That you were gonna get high?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I've been told by a health care professional that a lot of CDB products are garbage.

edit: I don't mean that CDB is garbage, apparently it had proven benefits. Just that a lot of the products containing CBD are crap.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Got some "CBD-infused" water at the natural food store and it tastes like shit. It was also like $6 for 20 oz. What the fuck was I thinking.

If you wanna get high legally try some Delta 8 THC. It's at most smoke shops and it actually works well, and is totally safe, like CBD. Unlike CBD, it does make you fail a drug taste, so be weary of that, if necessary. I personally have been using Delta 8 to help me quit smoking actual marijuana, and it's been a massive help. I was a daily smoker for about 3 years and I'm now going on 3 weeks without it. Definitely helped with the withdrawal symptoms (If people tell you weed is not addictive, or has no withdrawals they are wrong; if you quit smoking as a daily smoker, you feel like absolute shit for about two weeks, maxed out anxiety, can't sleep or eat, etc...) and even though I've been smoking D8 daily, my head feels significantly clearer than it did before and I'm slowly just feeling better in general.

Now I'll probably spark up once I take my last final, but now that I have delta 8 I think I can finally slowly start to control my smoking habits. If you get some Delta 8, steer clear of the actual delta 8 flower and get the concentrate or edibles. If anyone is interested let me know and I can help you out in pointing you in the right direction for what you need.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

SamuraiMegas wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Got some "CBD-infused" water at the natural food store and it tastes like shit. It was also like $6 for 20 oz. What the fuck was I thinking.

If you wanna get high legally try some Delta 8 THC. It's at most smoke shops and it actually works well, and is totally safe, like CBD. Unlike CBD, it does make you fail a drug taste, so be weary of that, if necessary. I personally have been using Delta 8 to help me quit smoking actual marijuana, and it's been a massive help. I was a daily smoker for about 3 years and I'm now going on 3 weeks without it. Definitely helped with the withdrawal symptoms (If people tell you weed is not addictive, or has no withdrawals they are wrong; if you quit smoking as a daily smoker, you feel like absolute shit for about two weeks, maxed out anxiety, can't sleep or eat, etc...) and even though I've been smoking D8 daily, my head feels significantly clearer than it did before and I'm slowly just feeling better in general.

Now I'll probably spark up once I take my last final, but now that I have delta 8 I think I can finally slowly start to control my smoking habits. If you get some Delta 8, steer clear of the actual delta 8 flower and get the concentrate or edibles. If anyone is interested let me know and I can help you out in pointing you in the right direction for what you need.

If its worth anything, I hear Alen Carr Easy Way To Stop Smoking helped a lot of people. There is an audio version.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

RCBH928 wrote:If its worth anything, I hear Alen Carr Easy Way To Stop Smoking helped a lot of people. There is an audio version.

That book is to stop smoking cigarettes, not marijuana. It would not help you to stop smoking marijuana. That said, I was over a pack a day (cigarette) smoker and that is the book that got me to stop. I wouldn't have been able to quit smoking without it. This summer will be 4 years for me since I quit. I have two friends that quit more recently from reading that book. I highly recommend it to any smoker.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I don't want to quit smoking entirely, I just want to get a bit of a healthier relationship with it. I have appetite issues and was on medication for it at one point, but it kept on making me so sleepy I'd take a nap for about 2hrs every evening, and I couldn't be woken up- I was out like a light. I told my Dr I quit taking it cause of that and just smoked a little thc instead and that it was helping my weight stay steady, and she immediately ended my prescription and told me she'd help me get a medical card if she was able to in the future.

Marijuana has actually worked fantastic as a medicine for me, I was actually up around a mildly healthy weight until I quit a few weeks ago, now I've lost a few pounds as my appetite tries to fix itself, but it'll get sorted. I was like 97 pounds at my lowest, and I hit 112 before I stopped smoking. Apparently I have a godlike metabolism on top of my appetite issues, makes it hard to gain weight.

Anyway, I just wanna switch to taking a little hit off the pipe or something, instead of ripping my giant bong all night like I was.
It'll take some time, but I'm getting there.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread