Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by strangenova »

Ack wrote:Sorry to hear that, strange. I hope things get better soon.

Thanks Ack. Just gotta take it one day at a time for awhile.
Speedy-Mcspeedz
16-bit

Post by Speedy-Mcspeedz »

strangenova wrote:Been absent for a couple months. Shit in my life has changed for the worse. Looks like I'm gonna be selling my collection soon to help.

I've sold and rebuilt my collection of ps1/super Nintendo games probably three times now...gotta prioritize the kids and wife.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

This will probably be a really interesting discussion:

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blogs/b ... loot-boxes

Will be interesting to see what, if any, enforcement, guidance, or recommendations come out of it.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Would anyone in a Together Retro Vs? I think it'd be fun to play arcade games trying to get the highest score against everyone else here. And we could do fighting games!
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
goatlll
16-bit

Post by goatlll »

strangenova wrote:Been absent for a couple months. Shit in my life has changed for the worse. Looks like I'm gonna be selling my collection soon to help.

That sucks to hear. At one point I had to sell pretty much every game I had, and it hurt like hell. I had been putting the games together for almost 20 years at that point. But life being the way it is, sometimes you just have to let it go. The good thing is every tomorrow is a chance to do better, and with any hope fortune will smile on you again.
If you don't have any soundtracks on vinyl you are doing yourself a disservice
goatlll
16-bit

Post by goatlll »

SamuraiMegas wrote:Would anyone in a Together Retro Vs? I think it'd be fun to play arcade games trying to get the highest score against everyone else here. And we could do fighting games!

I am curious, but I need some info. Give me the details and I would love to do it.
If you don't have any soundtracks on vinyl you are doing yourself a disservice
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

After much hemming and hawing on my part, I've finally started to put my movie write-ups up on a small blog. I blame Ack for being suitably motivating. I've put the new link down in my sig for anyone who might be interested. There's not much there at the moment, but I did edit and put up 6 write-ups and have another four scheduled so far.

Oh, and if you do happen by and see something that looks wonky, let me know. I'll try to fix it.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

goatlll wrote:

That sucks to hear. At one point I had to sell pretty much every game I had, and it hurt like hell. I had been putting the games together for almost 20 years at that point. But life being the way it is, sometimes you just have to let it go. The good thing is every tomorrow is a chance to do better, and with any hope fortune will smile on you again.

Yeah life really hasn't left me any other options at this point. So it's all pretty much going. Just gonna keep my ps4 and my minis.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Bruh when life hits you...that mother fucker hits like Cobra Kai. It strikes with no mercy
Ack

Post by Ack »

Michi wrote:After much hemming and hawing on my part, I've finally started to put my movie write-ups up on a small blog. I blame Ack for being suitably motivating. I've put the new link down in my sig for anyone who might be interested. There's not much there at the moment, but I did edit and put up 6 write-ups and have another four scheduled so far.

Oh, and if you do happen by and see something that looks wonky, let me know. I'll try to fix it.

It looks good too. The same level of quality I expect from a Michi review. I like it!