Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by lisalover1 Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Bikeage wrote:
Czernobog wrote:
Your saying we should protect gay teens by treating them differently, separating them from other people, and not allowing them to join in the same things as others. That logic seems a bit flawed to me. Your essentially saying we should segregate to protect, but segregation is a bad idea. You were also overtly insulting to gay people in your post.

Rather than go back and forth, the obvious solution here is to integrate gay teens excluded from the Boy Scouts into the Girl Scouts.

I just... I don't... I don't even know what to say to you.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

by YoshiEgg25 Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:31 pm

spiritplx wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Spoiler: ... Truth is I am a 59 year old female

Wait, you're female?

...are you hot?

dsheinem wrote:I am a 59 year old
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:39 pm

YoshiEgg25 wrote:
spiritplx wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Spoiler: ... Truth is I am a 59 year old female

Wait, you're female?

...are you hot?

dsheinem wrote:I am a 59 year old

So what you are saying is 'of course she is'?
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:13 pm

CFFJR wrote:Ha, nice! I'd like to see them.

I can't seem to find my Black Widow pine car, but did manage to find my Wiener mobile:

8 years old and making pine cars that looked like hot dogs. I was a weird kid.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Oh that is so cool! :lol:

What a great idea.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
DinnerX
Next-Gen

by DinnerX Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:30 pm

Well, the GC arcade stick I built is working great except for one problem. After I play metal slug anthology for an hour or so I randomly get a message about my controller disconnecting. It must disconnect for just an instant since it doesn't seem to be disconnected. In spite of all my efforts I cannot find the wire that is causing the problem. I can mash the wires and connections all around and the controller won't disconnect for me.

I'm beginning to suspect the 3rd party Arsenal controller I used has a problem.

EDIT:Oh yes, incidentally, if you short out a connected GC controller your wii shuts off.
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:07 am

CFFJR wrote:Oh that is so cool! :lol:

What a great idea.

Thanks man. After pulling it out, I played with it for at least an hour (get your mind out of the gutter people). When you break it down to brass tacks, I think the races are all about weights and luck.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

by gtmtnbiker Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:20 am

Luke wrote:Thanks man. After pulling it out, I played with it for at least an hour (get your mind out of the gutter people). When you break it down to brass tacks, I think the races are all about weights and luck.

I remember these races being a lot of fun. One scout made his the shape of a block sander. That is, it was flat on the bottom and curved on the top with a very thin profile. So he would win all of the races since there was very little drag.

A few scouts didn't carve/shape their block at all. They just put some wheels on it, painted it, and that's it. Cracks me up.

I never saved any of my cars/trophies/etc.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:26 am

gtmtnbiker wrote:I remember these races being a lot of fun. One scout made his the shape of a block sander. That is, it was flat on the bottom and curved on the top with a very thin profile. So he would win all of the races since there was very little drag.

A few scouts didn't carve/shape their block at all. They just put some wheels on it, painted it, and that's it. Cracks me up.

I never saved any of my cars/trophies/etc.

Not sure if it was just my "pack", but if the car broke, it was d.q'ed. I saw a lot of awesome looking cars that snapped at the finish line. Either win or lose, it was always fun.

I also remember a few kids not doing squat to their blocks of wood, and got pretty far in the races too. Sucked for the kids who spent hours on their cars to lose in the first round, awesome for the kids who won with a block with wheels who couldn't give a shit. That's life.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:29 am

Opinions are just that, opinions.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever