Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I'm still kind of fuming, but screw that book we are reading for Bible study.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Now I am curious to how many people on this forum are religious. Rarely run into them on gaming forums in the past. Not religious myself.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Haha, I remember doing one that was astoundingly political for religious study. I'm pretty sure I threw the book away after we were done. It also created some interesting discussions, although some also got pretty heated.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I am Christian, though probably not in the way you're thinking.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I am Christian, though probably not in the way you're thinking.

Circumcised?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Your name is Christian?

(Also, circumcision is a Jewish custom; there is no requirement for it in Christendom but it is common.)
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

My family wasn't religious at all, and I still got the chop! :x
marurun

Post by marurun »

Circumcision is something of a cultural artifact here, though it does ebb and flow. It is less common now than it has been in a while. In lesser developed countries, though, it can be a health issue. Circumcision can reduce the spread of some STDs. But I would rather adults make those decisions for themselves than parents make those decisions for infants. Circumcision is an elective procedure that is otherwise effectively bodily mutilation. That kind of thing should only be decided by a consenting adult for their own body. Otherwise, why don't we go ahead and remove infants' appendixes, adenoids, gall bladders, and pinkie toes while we're at it?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I think they did determine that the appendix does have some function; the fact the body can adapt to its removal just means it's the simplest thing to do when something goes wrong.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I had my appendix removed when I was a pre-teen. It actually burst inside of me and I had to drain it for like a week afterwards. That was not fun and I still have the scar today.

I know in the olden days that the appendix was used to digest rather hard/complex foods. I think modern day cooking has made it where the appendix is no longer necessary. It's something that doesn't need to be removed on everybody, but the appendix can get contorted, filled with toxin and you can die from that.