Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Ziggy »

Thanks, I'm glad it was nothing serious either. Trust me, when I noticed he was acting weird but before I found out why I had all sorts of thoughts go through my head. I think he's 9 or 10 now. It's hard to know exactly how old he is because he was an outdoor feral cat that I got to trust me and then adopted, but I have some pictures of him when he was just out of the kitten size and those are dated late 2011. Stupid as rocks, but he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Heck, he didn't even cry when his collar was stuck in his mouth, he just sat there like an idiot. And nothing can happen to him because I'm counting on him to be there for me for the inevitable death of my other cat.

My other cat is at least 16 now, maybe older. She's had a virus for years now and the vet told me it could wax and wane forever. There were a few times she was so sick that I thought she was very near death. She hasn't been that sick for a few years now, thankfully. She does have a mucus problem though, because of the virus. She use to blow snot rockets all over, which was super annoying. She still sneezes minor snot rockets from time to time, but only occasionally. It use to be all the time. She use to like to jump up in front of my TV and sit on the TV stand. She would sneeze snot all over the screen! It was very annoying to clean off. So I took to keeping all of my remotes and a few game controllers on the TV stand so she can't jump up there anymore. So my TV stand always looks messy, but at least my screen is clean! Oh, the things we do for out pets!
Ack

Post by Ack »

Remind me to never ask to borrow your TV, Ziggy.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

The worst is when she sneezes in my face. If I'm lying on my back watching TV, she likes to sit on my chest facing my face. I've had her sneeze a few times in my face, and it's very unpleasant to say the least.

PS, if you read this post without reading my prior two posts... I'm talking about my cat!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

The "letters" actually wore off my iBUYPOWER "gaming keyboard." So weird and annoying. I can type without looking, but my daughter can't. I have an extra keyboard kicking around (on it now) but it sucks balls. It's a generic Staples-brand one and the keys are way too sensitive. Also, there's a "Staples" button that will open a new browser tab at Staples.com. What the hell.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:The "letters" actually wore off my iBUYPOWER "gaming keyboard." So weird and annoying. I can type without looking, but my daughter can't.

They actually make keyboards that purposefully have no letters on them. The idea is that you're not suppose to look at the key board, you can type better if you're looking at the screen, and this forces you to.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I have an extra keyboard kicking around (on it now) but it sucks balls. It's a generic Staples-brand one and the keys are way too sensitive. Also, there's a "Staples" button that will open a new browser tab at Staples.com. What the hell.

LOL, your keyboard has adware in it!
marurun

Post by marurun »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:The "letters" actually wore off my iBUYPOWER "gaming keyboard." So weird and annoying. I can type without looking, but my daughter can't. I have an extra keyboard kicking around (on it now) but it sucks balls. It's a generic Staples-brand one and the keys are way too sensitive. Also, there's a "Staples" button that will open a new browser tab at Staples.com. What the hell.

Does it have backlighting? I have a keyboard with backlighting where the keys are all clear plastic and the key is then painted except for the letter which is unpainted. And enough of the paint has worn away on the S,D,E, and C keys that they are just glowing blobs. My right shift is headed that way as well.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Do you or someone you know have a label machine like a P-Touch or whatever? If it's an otherwise good keyboard, this could keep you using it for a while longer. Or paint the letter back on with your wife's nail polish. It would look like hell, but at least you'd be able to use it.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Ziggy587 wrote:They actually make keyboards that purposefully have no letters on them. The idea is that you're not suppose to look at the key board, you can type better if you're looking at the screen, and this forces you to.

Or it just discourages other people from using it.

I think it's really more for aesthetic reasons, or to prevent wear and tear, since side-printed keys are probably more common if you want that look. Probably cheaper than doing good laser etched characters or layered plastic.

I seem to wear down my right control key a lot though, like, round off the front edge of it, and I'm not sure much would save it.

If the iBuyPower one is a mechanical, then chances are you could go buy some new/better caps for it. Otherwise, use it as an excuse to buy a good keyboard. :lol:
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Does anyone talk to fastbilly outside of RB? I know he hasn't visited the forums in a while, but I sent him a PM a few weeks ago. Nothing super important, just something I thought he might be interested in.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Ziggy587 wrote:Does anyone talk to fastbilly outside of RB? I know he hasn't visited the forums in a while, but I sent him a PM a few weeks ago. Nothing super important, just something I thought he might be interested in.

Yeah, I talk to him regularly. I'll tell him to check his PMs.