Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
phaedrus
8-bit

Re: Austin, TX meet up thread

by phaedrus Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:45 pm

oxymoron wrote:
phaedrus wrote:
Flake wrote:I'll have to pass. The meetups were more fun when they were racket exclusive.
ahh nothing like elitist rambling. What is funny is that your elite status badge is based on a dying site which lost its charm long ago. I for one will be happy to show up as i am not an an elitist asshole. Meh, Here have a song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE-euMGS ... 9aVGrUrAiR

Why are you here then?

To watch the world burn.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:16 am

I'll take "elitism" over shitty drive by troll posts any day. :lol:

Besides, I'm not really sure what's "elitist" about preferring a meetup of people you regularly interact with online to a meetup comprised of mostly strangers. 'Course since you basically just admitted that you're only here to stir up trouble, maybe I'm overthinking it.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

by wip3outguy7 Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:26 am

AppleQueso wrote:I'll take "elitism" over shitty drive by troll posts any day. :lol:

Besides, I'm not really sure what's "elitist" about preferring a meetup of people you regularly interact with online to a meetup comprised of mostly strangers. 'Course since you basically just admitted that you're only here to stir up trouble, maybe I'm overthinking it.

What upset phaedrus (I know him in person and talked with him about Flake's post) and even myself, is that I invited Racked members too a meet up and someone shit on it because it isn't Racket exclusive.

Exclusive or not, Flake hasn't exactly made it out to the last few gatherings we have had. If you can't make it, you can't make it. But we have had non-Racket forum members at nearly every meet, even the first. The "fun" comment was uncalled for.

So in an effort to salvage this thing.

I am holding a meet up at Game Over on North Lamar. We will be playing lots of SHMUPs and might have some rare hardware and games on hand to experience. Racketboy members are invited. We always have a good time at these things and I would love to see some of you there.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:07 am

wip3outguy7 wrote:Exclusive or not, Flake hasn't exactly made it out to the last few gatherings we have had.

I really want to make a bad joke about counting on someone named Flake, but that has been played out.

It is true that there is a bit of elitism here, as in ANY internet community. I know that we have fallen out of the light as a gaming site over the last year and it is something we are actively working on.

I would like to publicly thank wip3outguy7 for running these meetups. I just wish they were not 13 hours away from me...
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:09 am

fastbilly1 wrote:I know that we have fallen out of the light as a gaming site over the last year and it is something we are actively working on.

We have?
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:09 am

Flake wrote:I'll have to pass. The meetups were more fun when they were racket exclusive.

Longest and elitist ramble ever. Flake may as well have written a diatribe on how much he hates non Racketboy members and wouldn't even consider a meetup with anyone other than a contributing member. The extent of his rambling is too over the top and full of arrogance.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:27 am

AppleQueso wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:I know that we have fallen out of the light as a gaming site over the last year and it is something we are actively working on.

We have?

It is a complicated issue I will not get into on the forums. It is not like we are irrelevant or anything, we have just plateaued recently and we are correcting it.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

by EvilRyu2099 Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Personally I find Neogaf to be a bit elitist as well.. I hear the approval process takes a long time... I never tried registering myself..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:47 pm

EvilRyu2099 wrote:Personally I find Neogaf to be a bit elitist as well.. I hear the approval process takes a long time... I never tried registering myself..

NeoGAF is an absolutely massive site with thousands of users online at any given time. A lot of game industry types visit it regularly as well.

Frankly if they didn't have the strict approval process, it'd be complete and utter chaos. I doubt they want to be anything like /v/.
Flake

by Flake Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:06 am

phaedrus wrote:
ahh nothing like elitist rambling. What is funny is that your elite status badge is based on a dying site which lost its charm long ago. I for one will be happy to show up as i am not an an elitist asshole. Meh, Here have a song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE-euMGS ... 9aVGrUrAiR

You're angry. What's up, guy?

Me? Elite? Hardly.

I went to the first few meet ups and they were fun. Then the focus drifted from the Racketboy gamers and the meet ups were less fun. Driving to Austin is a full day commitment for me and costs me about $40 in gas. Why would I go when I doubt I will enjoy myself?

Wipeout, no offense dude, but you've never come through on any plan that didn't involve doing exactly what you want to do and asking you to leave your own tiny corner of Austin is like praying for a miracle. Where do you get off begrudging me an opinion on the current state of a meet up club that I was a big part of at the start, which would (and has) demand a lot of my time and money?
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever