Austin, TX meet up thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
indecks
Next-Gen

Re: Austin, TX meet up thread

Post by indecks »

wip3outguy7 wrote:Does anyone know of a local retailer that would buy boxed action figures? I have several I am trying to sell.

I think Austin Books and Comics buys them, but I'm not sure on what kind of price they'd give you.

What do you have? Any Transformers?
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

indecks wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:Does anyone know of a local retailer that would buy boxed action figures? I have several I am trying to sell.

I think Austin Books and Comics buys them, but I'm not sure on what kind of price they'd give you.

Nah, just a mix of Stare Wars, gaming and anime figures. I will PM you a link to some of the Craig's listings I have up for them.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

wip3outguy7 wrote:
indecks wrote:

Nah, just a mix of Stare Wars, gaming and anime figures. I will PM you a link to some of the Craig's listings I have up for them.

Why not put up an interest check thread on here or something? I'm pretty sure anything nerdy has at least a chance of finding a buyer on here.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

AppleQueso wrote:Why not put up an interest check thread on here or something? I'm pretty sure anything nerdy has at least a chance of finding a buyer on here.

I would, but I don't feel like trying to ship some of this stuff. It will be larger than the usual gaming items and kind of a pain. It would be easier to sell them locally for cash at this point.

Edit: I called the owner for Gamerz in Lakeline Mall and he was really interested. I'm going to take the box by his store within the next day or so.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

http://classicgamefest.com/ July 13 - 14

It looks like Game Over is going to start renting out the Palmer Events Center for Classic Game Fest. If I'm free around the middle of July, I will be attending.

Also, I'm going to hit up the SXSW Gaming Expo coming up the 2nd weekend in March (about a week from now). I will be there on the 9th when they open. Trying to get some Austin GAF folks to attend, too. Here's my thread over there if anyone else is a member and interested.
Redline9
24-bit

Post by Redline9 »

So, next Saturday at noon? I'd be up for it. I've been meaning to go the last two years, but for one reason or another, I've never been able to make it. Maybe this year, I can finally seal the deal :P :?
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Yep, noon on Saturday if nothing keeps me from it. There's a good chance my wife will be in tow.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Going to swing by Pinballz tonight around 7 if I don't get held up at work.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Sorry, I totally forgot to update this. I'm pretty sick and my doctor said to stay inactive this weekend. My weekend is shot.

Just got a message from Redline9 and he's at the expo.
Redline9
24-bit

Post by Redline9 »

stage.jpg
stage.jpg (98.03 KiB) Viewed 503 times

legoman.jpg
legoman.jpg (75.95 KiB) Viewed 503 times

masterchiefAustin.jpg
masterchiefAustin.jpg (84.36 KiB) Viewed 503 times

wiiUarea.jpg
wiiUarea.jpg (108.6 KiB) Viewed 503 times