The Wrestling Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
the King
Next-Gen

Re: Wrestling Fans?

Post by the King »

BurningDoom wrote:I was never trying to make a WWF vs. WCW argument, I was simply saying WCW was my favorite. In fact I've been saying the whole time I like both WCW and WWF.

No problem. Like you said, just reliving the monday night war days much like all the sega vs. nintendo talk that still goes on around here.
the King
Next-Gen

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by the King »

sevin0seven wrote:

Booked it!

:P

Nice!

Look out, once I lock in the nightmare on wheaton street it's all over(yes, my buddies and I named our finishers on our CAW's on No Mercy) :D
meat
64-bit

Post by meat »

the King wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:

Booked it!

:P

Nice!

Look out, once I lock in the nightmare on wheaton street it's all over(yes, my buddies and I named our finishers on our CAW's on No Mercy) :D

no fire pro wrestling returns?
youtube@gamingtrucker1
twitter@gamingtrucker1
twitch@gamingtrucker1
TheyCallMeTheSwede
128-bit

Post by TheyCallMeTheSwede »

As much as I love wrestling, but the most wrestling I watch nowadays is just Botchamania.
Top 101 Favorite Games of All Time

CURRENTLY OWNED: NES, SNES, GC, GB, GBA:SP, GEN, SAT, DC, PS2, PS3, PSP, X360, NGPC, Neo-Geo AES, PCE Duo, PS4, PSX, oXbox

$ALE: NOTTING!!! ABSORUTRY NOTTING!!!!!!

WANTED: CDX, 3DO, Amiga 32CD, Master System, Wii

Xbox Live: AHTNF
PSN: CallMeTheSwede

Be a pal, Check out my Photography
http://callmetheswede.deviantart.com
Evildeadmanwalking77
128-bit

Post by Evildeadmanwalking77 »

Ahh wrestling. Love it! I've been watching since 1984. I miss the old days of the cheesey classic baby face vs heel.
All time favs: Ultimate Warrior (even though he's nuts now!! :shock: ), Sting, Ricky Steamboat, Demolition, Road Warriors, Jake the Snake, Taz, RVD, Mick Foley, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Dudley Boys, Jericho, Goldberg, Undertaker, etc. Too many to list really.
I noticed that pic of Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, which is a classic moment. Although I believe they were on speaking terms before that RAW show. Still cool to do that in front of the crowd. I wonder if I can watch that again on youtube? I know the WWE is pretty tight with the copy rights. I can remeber some classic wrestling video games too! You had those 2 great arcade games from the early 90s, I think it was WWF Superstars where you had to tag up and you end up facing Andre the Giant & Ted Dibiase and there was Wrestlefest with the Royal Rumble mode, Tag Team Tornament where you faced the Legion of Doom for the titles. Good stuff! On the NES, I liked: Pro Wrestling, WWF Wrestlemania Challenge, WCW, amd Tecmo Wrestling. SNES & Genesis: Super Wrestlemania, Royal rumble, and RAW. PS1: WCW vs The World, WWF Attitude, and the Smackdown series. N64: WCW vs NWO, and The WWF/E games. Finally you have the current SD vs Raw series that has been pretty good.
I have every Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, Summer Slam, and Survivor Series that has been released so far. I was pissed that the WWE does not seem to be releasing the rest of the Survivor Series for some reason so I had to buy copied versions of everything from 1997 through most of the 2000s :evil: . I believe it has something to do with their rated PG rating or something, so they are not releasing anything from the Attitude era anymore? I don't know if it's true or not though.
I am addicted to video games, especially retro gaming from my era. I have: NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Gameboy, GBA, Wii, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360. I have probably over 1,000 games in total for all these systems combined. Yes, I need help and I wouldn't have it any other way! This is my passion and hey my wife still loves me!!
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

i finally watched Raw last night again and i really enjoyed the main event match between Jon Cena vs CM Punk. did not particularly enjoyed the ending (with a DQ) but it was all for the story line i guess. damn, that new Nexus guy kinda looks like Batista but a little buffer on the arms. :!: his name is Mason Ryan. a former FCW champion!
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit

Post by GigaPepsiMan »

TheyCallMeTheSwede wrote:As much as I love wrestling, but the most wrestling I watch nowadays is just Botchamania.

Love botchamania. I find the backstage stuff more interesting than the wrestling itself, I've read some stories over the years, ECW is brilliant for stories, like that time Sandman got drunk at a show and stripped naked infront of a crowd.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

sevin0seven wrote:i finally watched Raw last night again and i really enjoyed the main event match between Jon Cena vs CM Punk. did not particularly enjoyed the ending (with a DQ) but it was all for the story line i guess. damn, that new Nexus guy kinda looks like Batista but a little buffer on the arms. :!: his name is Mason Ryan. a former FCW champion!

Yeah, I thought of Batista too. Wonder if he'll ever come back.

I really wish we could get some kind of face teams on Raw and Smackdown to fight these two versions of nexus. I miss the old days when stables fought eachother. I'm not fond of one man army Cena. I don't want him to be taking down Punk and new nexus alone

On a related note, who else thinks Cena will be the one to eventually end Undertaker's Mania streak. I don't want him to be the guy that does it, but the company seems to have a massive hard on for Cena. I really think Shawn Michaels should have had the honor of ending Taker's streak
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Bikeage
128-bit

Post by Bikeage »

Was this the first time Fire Pro has been mentioned in this thread? Damn, I was obsessed with the GBA games for a few years. I've fallen off quite a bit on my personal goal of making at least one CAW a day in Fire Pro Returns (OK, I flaked out after a few weeks), but of all the games I neglect, that's one that should get some regular play.

On a related note, who else thinks Cena will be the one to eventually end Undertaker's Mania streak. I don't want him to be the guy that does it, but the company seems to have a massive hard on for Cena. I really think Shawn Michaels should have had the honor of ending Taker's streak

I can see it happening, if only to give Cena the cred of having an epic, career defining match, which seem sparse in his resume'... well, compared to the top tier of WWE legends which he's being groomed to join.

Unlikely to happen this year though, and who knows how much career Taker has left. Personally I'd like Vince to throw a bunch of $ at Sting to challenge the streak... but would Sting want his likely single Wrestlemania match to be a loss? No way in hell he would go over the Deadman.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Bikeage wrote:

Was this the first time Fire Pro has been mentioned in this thread? Damn, I was obsessed with the GBA games for a few years. I've fallen off quite a bit on my personal goal of making at least one CAW a day in Fire Pro Returns (OK, I flaked out after a few weeks), but of all the games I neglect, that's one that should get some regular play.

I can see it happening, if only to give Cena the cred of having an epic, career defining match, which seem sparse in his resume'... well, compared to the top tier of WWE legends which he's being groomed to join.

Unlikely to happen this year though, and who knows how much career Taker has left. Personally I'd like Vince to throw a bunch of $ at Sting to challenge the streak... but would Sting want his likely single Wrestlemania match to be a loss? No way in hell he would go over the Deadman.

Yeah, that's true. Would be pretty awesome to see Sting versus Taker though. The thing that makes me wish Michaels had ended the streak was the fact that he was Mr. Wrestlemania. Nothing they do is ever going to be as cool as the man with the Wrestlemania streak versus the guy who personifies Wrestlemania. Plus, the first time around they did that whole Michaels as god's warrior versus the embodiment of darkness in Taker. They built the feud up so PERFECTLY!

We're never going to get another Taker versus whoever at Mania storyline as good as that one was. The only thing that could have been as awesome is if they had saved that awesome Kane/Taker feud they did very recently for Mania. Paul Bearer turning on Taker and Kane becoming champ and ending the streak at Mania could have been awesome.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.