The Wrestling Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
dgamemuster
128-bit

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by dgamemuster »

yomomma1 wrote:Image

Everyone knows that he is the last best wrestler.

FIXED! :mrgreen:
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

:lol:

i should make a CAWS of him for my No Mercy Cart. :P
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
yomomma1
128-bit

Post by yomomma1 »

Ehh I didn't like him, he wasn't entertaining.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Shawn Michaels getting inducted into the Hall of Fame!!!

Awesome!!!
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Wrestling Fans?

Post by BurningDoom »

Any wrestling fans in the house? And before we get trolls and haters, yes I know it's fake as do most wrestling fans over the age of 12. I watch it to be entertained by it all and to be wowed by the in-ring technicians.

Lifelong wrestling fan here. I've watched it since I was a wee little lad. Back then the wrestlers of the day were Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Rowdy Roddy Piper, The Million Dollar Man, The Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart, and The Big Boss Man among others. I've pretty much followed both WWF/WWE and WCW ever since. I've also followed TNA since about 2006. I'm a HUGE WCW fan. The Attitude Era of WWF/WWE (the 90s) was incredible, as well. And I am a big fan of TNA circa 2005-2010.

Questionnaire for Wrestling Fans:

Who is your favorite wrestler of all-time?

Sting. I grew up preferring WCW to WWF, but still watched both. And in WCW, Sting was the man. Ric Flair may be referred to in retrospect as WCW main-guy, but he was the top heel. While Sting was the top face. Then when the nWo storyline hit, and he went to his Crow gimmick, it was even cooler. And that character worked so freaking well against the nWo.

Who is your current favorite wrestler?

The Motorcity Machineguns. They have been the highlight of TNA for all of 2010. Just look at the top ten matches of TNA in 2010 and I bet Motorcity Machineguns will end up your list more than once. And they are also one of those rare tag-teams where both wrestlers are excellent wrestlers and one doesn't outshine the other.

Which wrestling company/organization is your favorite (WWF/WWE, WCW, TNA, ECW, ROH, NWA, AWA, AAA, etc.)?

WCW is the greatest of all-time. God I miss WCW. I watched from the mid-90s up until the end. Admittedly it got pretty bad in that last year or so in 2000-2001, but I held on to hope. The nWo storyline was unforgettable. Sting is the best ever. And Ric Flair is the model heel wrestler. So many other greats that wrestling in WCW's honored ring: Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Sting, Ric Flair, The Steiner Brothers, Goldberg, Booker T, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Jeff Jarret, Diamond Dallas Page, Bret Hart, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Eddie Guerrero, and others. And Bobby The Brain Heenan was the most freaking hilarious wrestling announcer ever, even funner than Jerry The King Lawler at his best.

Which is your favorite current wrestling show (WWE Raw, WWE Smackdown, WWE Superstars, TNA Impact, ROH HD)?

WWE Raw. I like CM Punk vs. Cena (even though I don't like Cena). It's bringing CM Punk back to his old self and away from the nails scratching on a chalkboard character of his straight-edge hardcore to the extreme character. I like The Miz a lot, so I'm happy he's the champ right now. Morrison vs. Miz for the WWE Championship last week was AMAZING. I also like this rivalry between Michael Cole and Jerry The King Lawler forming. I've never liked Michael Cole, even when he was a face announcer. And this seems like it's leading in for the return of good ole J.R. coming back to announcing, which has been rumored.

Which your favorite wrestling faction (nWo, Degeneration-X, Main Event Mafia, 4-Horsemen, Fortune, Legacy, Nexus, The Corporation, Hart Foundation, etc.)?

The original nWo. It was the greatest faction of all-time, and at the same time the worst. When it first happened, it was THE MOST exciting thing to ever happen in wrestling. They did it really well. It seemed as if WWF guys really were coming over and screwing with WCW. Then when they officially became nWo, it was fresh, it was edgy, and it had star-power that kept you tuned in. But then it just started becoming too much. Too much air-time for nWo, to many group beat-downs, and just too many dang members. It eventually got water-down and repetitive. Nonetheless, they are arguably the most important faction in wrestling history. Their storyline is rehashed over and over again by wrestling companies, and you know what they say: Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

How do you feel about the current state of pro-wrestling in general?

It could be better. I think we as wrestling fans can ALL agree on that. The 90s was the pinnacle of pro-wrestling, and unfortunatetly I don't think we'll ever see wrestling that good ever again. The internet killed that. And fans got spoiled and became jaded.

Since about 2005, wrestling became formulaic and all-too predictable. But recently it seems things are shaking up both at TNA and WWE and hopefully the change to come from it will be a step in the right direction. As a fan, I'm holding on to hope.

How do you feel about the current state of WWE?

For the first time in years, I'm enjoying WWE more than I'm enjoying TNA. Fresh faces are coming in, and good wrestlers like Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, and Wade Barret. Storylines are changing and are starting to become a little less formulaic and repetitive. And best of all, the focus is becoming less and less on bringing kids and casual fans and more on what makes wrestling, well wrestling.

How do you feel about the current state of TNA?

Man, I'm a huge TNA mark and have been for years. It's like WCW 2.0. But in the last few months, since the Immortal storyline began, it's sucked. Immortal has stolen the spotlight from everything else good in TNA. It's reminiscent of the bloated and bad years of nWo, just too big and overpowered to be entertaining. And watching group beatdowns week after week isn't all that entertaining either.

However, TNA's tag-team division is bar-none the best in the world. Despite the cancer that is Immortal, the tag-team division has shined and given us some of the best matches of the year in all of wrestling. Thank Motorcity Machineguns, thank you Beer Money, thank you Ink Inc., and thank you Generation Me.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Wrestling Fans?

Post by Gamerforlife »

There's already a thread for that:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23434&hilit=wrestling

but to answer your questions:

Favorite of all time?
It's always hard to answer questions like this with just one choice. If someone really pushed me I think I'd say Shawn Michaels

Current Fave
Probably Chris Jericho

Favorite Organization
There are some great ones in the past(ECW, WCW)and the present(Ring of Honor, TNA), but I'm a WWE guy all the way(though they are still the WWF as far as I'm concerned)

Favorite Show
Monday Night Raw, but I watch Smackdown too. Raw is the A show though and everyone knows that I think

Favorite Faction
DX, when it had China, Road Warriors, Xpac and Triple H

State of wrestling in general
Great, as always. I know people bitch about the WWE, but there are other options.

Current state of the WWE
I like it, not as great as the attitude era and the new PG-13 thing is a bit lame, but it does keep them from some of the atrocious stuff they came up with years ago(like Triple H banging a corpse)

I like the Nexus, the way they used them was edgy and actually made John Cena likeable. Now that they've split into two teams, one on each brand, it's nice to see some goddamn stables in wrestling again! And more CM punk is always a good thing! This is the best time of the year for WWE fans like myself, as they build up to Wrestlemania. Also, I LOVED Kane's title reign, nice to see the Undertaker humbled for a change. Too bad Edge came along and make Kane look like a putz

Current state of TNA
Unfornatunatly, it's hard for me to fit TNA into my schedule so I don't watch it. Would like to though
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

Alright, I'll move my post over to that thread. I didn't see it. I did use the search, and I kept getting results about wrestling video games. Sorry.
Game Trade/Want List:

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

Lifelong wrestling fan here. I've watched it since I was a wee little lad. Back then the wrestlers of the day were Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Rowdy Roddy Piper, The Million Dollar Man, The Ultimate Warrior, Bret Hart, and The Big Boss Man among others. I've pretty much followed both WWF/WWE and WCW ever since. I've also followed TNA since about 2006. I'm a HUGE WCW fan. The Attitude Era of WWF/WWE (the 90s) was incredible, as well. And I am a big fan of TNA circa 2005-2010.

Questionnaire for Wrestling Fans:

Who is your favorite wrestler of all-time?

Sting. I grew up preferring WCW to WWF, but still watched both. And in WCW, Sting was the man. Ric Flair may be referred to in retrospect as WCW main-guy, but he was the top heel. While Sting was the top face. Then when the nWo storyline hit, and he went to his Crow gimmick, it was even cooler. And that character worked so freaking well against the nWo.

Who is your current favorite wrestler?

The Motorcity Machineguns. They have been the highlight of TNA for all of 2010. Just look at the top ten matches of TNA in 2010 and I bet Motorcity Machineguns will end up your list more than once. And they are also one of those rare tag-teams where both wrestlers are excellent wrestlers and one doesn't outshine the other.

Which wrestling company/organization is your favorite (WWF/WWE, WCW, TNA, ECW, ROH, NWA, AWA, AAA, etc.)?

WCW is the greatest of all-time. God I miss WCW. I watched from the mid-90s up until the end. Admittedly it got pretty bad in that last year or so in 2000-2001, but I held on to hope. The nWo storyline was unforgettable. Sting is the best ever. And Ric Flair is the model heel wrestler. So many other greats that wrestling in WCW's honored ring: Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Sting, Ric Flair, The Steiner Brothers, Goldberg, Booker T, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Jeff Jarret, Diamond Dallas Page, Bret Hart, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Eddie Guerrero, and others. And Bobby The Brain Heenan was the most freaking hilarious wrestling announcer ever, even funner than Jerry The King Lawler at his best.

Which is your favorite current wrestling show (WWE Raw, WWE Smackdown, WWE Superstars, TNA Impact, ROH HD)?

WWE Raw. I like CM Punk vs. Cena (even though I don't like Cena). It's bringing CM Punk back to his old self and away from the nails scratching on a chalkboard character of his straight-edge hardcore to the extreme character. I like The Miz a lot, so I'm happy he's the champ right now. Morrison vs. Miz for the WWE Championship last week was AMAZING. I also like this rivalry between Michael Cole and Jerry The King Lawler forming. I've never liked Michael Cole, even when he was a face announcer. And this seems like it's leading in for the return of good ole J.R. coming back to announcing, which has been rumored.

Which your favorite wrestling faction (nWo, Degeneration-X, Main Event Mafia, 4-Horsemen, Fortune, Legacy, Nexus, The Corporation, Hart Foundation, etc.)?

The original nWo. It was the greatest faction of all-time, and at the same time the worst. When it first happened, it was THE MOST exciting thing to ever happen in wrestling. They did it really well. It seemed as if WWF guys really were coming over and screwing with WCW. Then when they officially became nWo, it was fresh, it was edgy, and it had star-power that kept you tuned in. But then it just started becoming too much. Too much air-time for nWo, to many group beat-downs, and just too many dang members. It eventually got water-down and repetitive. Nonetheless, they are arguably the most important faction in wrestling history. Their storyline is rehashed over and over again by wrestling companies, and you know what they say: Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

How do you feel about the current state of pro-wrestling in general?

It could be better. I think we as wrestling fans can ALL agree on that. The 90s was the pinnacle of pro-wrestling, and unfortunatetly I don't think we'll ever see wrestling that good ever again. The internet killed that. And fans got spoiled and became jaded.

Since about 2005, wrestling became formulaic and all-too predictable. But recently it seems things are shaking up both at TNA and WWE and hopefully the change to come from it will be a step in the right direction. As a fan, I'm holding on to hope.

How do you feel about the current state of WWE?

For the first time in years, I'm enjoying WWE more than I'm enjoying TNA. Fresh faces are coming in, and good wrestlers like Justin Gabriel, Evan Bourne, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, and Wade Barret. Storylines are changing and are starting to become a little less formulaic and repetitive. And best of all, the focus is becoming less and less on bringing kids and casual fans and more on what makes wrestling, well wrestling.

How do you feel about the current state of TNA?

Man, I'm a huge TNA mark and have been for years. It's like WCW 2.0. But in the last few months, since the Immortal storyline began, it's sucked. Immortal has stolen the spotlight from everything else good in TNA. It's reminiscent of the bloated and bad years of nWo, just too big and overpowered to be entertaining. And watching group beatdowns week after week isn't all that entertaining either.

However, TNA's tag-team division is bar-none the best in the world. Despite the cancer that is Immortal, the tag-team division has shined and given us some of the best matches of the year in all of wrestling. Thank Motorcity Machineguns, thank you Beer Money, thank you Ink Inc., and thank you Generation Me.
Game Trade/Want List:

FiftyDollarCurse
128-bit

Post by FiftyDollarCurse »

Gamerforlife wrote:Favorite Faction

Haha, whut? That would have been awesome to see "X" crotch chops from Hawk and Animal though.

"Tell 'em Hawk!

Well! Suuuuck iiiit..."
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

FiftyDollarCurse wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:Favorite Faction

Haha, whut? That would have been awesome to see "X" crotch chops from Hawk and Animal though.

"Tell 'em Hawk!

Well! Suuuuck iiiit..."

Easy mistake Road Dogg was a member. New Age Outlaws is what you were looking for, Gamerforlife. Road Warriors was the guys with facepaint, that wore football pads with spikes on them out to the ring. And they were ugly SOBs, but put on some of the greatest tag-team matches of all time.

New Age Outlaws:

Road Warriors:
Game Trade/Want List: