The Wrestling Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Raging Justice »

So I guess it's just a coincidence that NXT copied Bryan/Ospreay here at 13:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_4n5yT4UHY
Reprise wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:53 pm Just read this post on Facebook. It's an interesting timeline of events.
AEW Dynamite's main event angle was a masterful long-term storytelling, blending kayfabe and reality!

Courtesy of Air Gold:

"Outside of the first two years in AEW, where they had the first 4 Champions mapped out and told Hangman's Tale, this story with The New ELITE is the most thought out story in a long time! Let me explain:
- Nov 18 = Young Bucks lose at Full Gear to Golden Jets and leave pissed off at Kenny
- January 10 = Young Bucks returned to AEW and proceed to assume the status of serious EVPs
- January 14 = Jack Perry appears in NJPW, rips up his AEW contract, and assumes the moniker of 'Scapegoat'
- March 6 = EVPs suspend Hangman and fire Kenny Omega
- March 6 = Okada makes his AEW debut and joins The Elite
- the dirt sheets all report that Jack Perry has heat with Tony Khan, then Jack presented his own side of the story, so we're all led to believe that both TK and Jack are adversarial, that there are real, unresolved issues!
- April 6 = Jack pays tribute to the Young Bucks and Okada by doing all their moves in a match in Japan
- Young Bucks and Jack exchange pleasentries on Instagram, comment on each other's pictures, showing that the EVPs have a soft spot for Jack
- April 10 = Young Bucks air the All In footage
- April 12 = Jack wrestles in Chicago
- Kenny says on stream that his favourite storyline in AEW is the one of him getting fired
- Kenny also said on stream that he doesn't think he should be EVP because his method for resolving issues is fighting, and not everyone likes to do that
- April 21 = Jack returns at Dynasty and helps the Young Bucks win the Tag Team Championships, throws up the Elite sign
- April 24 = Jack returns to #AEWDyamite, gets reinstated, attacks Tony, and The Elite take TK out
- NFL write an article about the whole angle
- May 1 = Kenny Omega returns to AEW for the first time since December 13

So from November to now (even All In), you can connect every, single thing that's happened to this one storyline. AEW has done a masterful job of blending kayfabe and reality. Long term storytelling that has gotten mainstream attention, and set AEW up for a huge summer!"
That's pretty cool. Hopefully, it does get them some attention. I saw a video of Pat McAfee and a couple of guys talking about it on a sports show, which is surreal because Pat McAfee is a regular WWE commentator. They were kind of poking fun at Tony, and how he's moving his head around despite wearing a neck brace. Roderick Strong had a funny tweet about Tony, referencing the months where he had a neck brace on
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Raging Justice »

TNA's on hard times, heard the buys for their last PPV were really low. So let me post something positive about them as I'm getting tired of all the profuse and deserved praise WWE is getting these days and want to root for the little guys

This should be good, TNA getting one of TJPW's best on their next show: