Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: Black metal

by GSZX1337 Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:57 pm

I'm not going to debate the Nu-Metal issue anymore, I'm already tired of it.
Gamerforlife wrote:Isn't Heavy Metal really just a sub-genre of rock anyway? Meaning that ALL of these bands are really just rock bands anyway.

If Heavy Metal is a subgenre of Rock 'n' Roll instead of its own genre, then Rock 'n' Roll is a subgenre of R&B. Fuck it all, Whether it's Alice in Chains, The Exploited, Skeletonwitch, AC/DC, or Journey, it's all just R&B.

EDIT: This just bothered me:

jeffro11 wrote:You are a self righteous asshole. End of discussion.

Considering how condescending and ignorant you were in your post, I say that he's right to be condescending towards you.

I don't knock you for liking whatever you like, yet you attack me personally. Fuck you man. Fuck you.

Excuuuuse him for taking offense to:
I also do not agree with a lot of the content and what these bands stand for. It's like they have something to prove to everyone else of this world. The way I see it is these people are the fucked up individuals who haven't murdered/raped anyone yet.

Snarling and growling does not equal music.

I'm sure I'm going to get a board warning for this, but: You can fuck right off.
You're just as bad as people who say that Rap isn't Music. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not music, not art, etc.
Last edited by GSZX1337 on Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Octopod
Next-Gen

by Octopod Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:13 pm

It is basically just trolling going on from some people here. If I went into an Apple thread and started talking about how much Apple sucks and that it is only for the sheeple someone would call me a troll, rightfully.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:18 pm

Octopod wrote:It is basically just trolling going on from some people here. If I went into an Apple thread and started talking about how much Apple sucks and that it is only for the sheeple someone would call me a troll, rightfully.

That's a good way to put it.
jeffro11
128-bit

by jeffro11 Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:22 pm

I gave an opinion, I get bashed for my opinion. I wont sugarcoat anything for anybody, regardless if I just met you.

Go back to the first few pages, there's bashing going on there for peoples opinions on the matter. How is this any different? Oh, the other people have higher post counts, is that it?
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:27 pm

jeffro11 wrote:How is this any different? Oh, the other people have higher post counts, is that it?

Go back to the first few pages, there's bashing going on there for peoples opinions on the matter.

If you're referring to these:

Niode wrote:I grew out of black metal when I was 16. Such an utterly pointless genre of music. I'm convinced that the only reason 'metal' fans like it, is because it's still fairly obscure so they can be a dick in public by quoting all these obscure black metal bands. Black metal is just crap.

Hatta wrote:Black metal makes me laugh. Oh sure, you're soooo scary. I appreciate the technical ability it takes to play, but... come on.

Then you're full of shit. You imply that the whole Black Metal fan base is a bunch of Wanna-Be Rapists and Murderers.

I gave an opinion, I get bashed for my opinion. I wont sugarcoat anything for anybody, regardless if I just met you.

I love how you're acting like you're better than me and AppleQueso when you're just bashing us right back.
Octopod
Next-Gen

by Octopod Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Your opinion was that black metal equals rape and murder that maybe just hasn't been committed....yet. I would hardly call that constructive criticism of a music genre, which I am sure is always welcome. It is more of a personal attack than anything posted in this thread.
jeffro11
128-bit

by jeffro11 Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:30 pm

GSZX1337 wrote:Then you're full of shit. You imply that the whole Black Metal fan base is a bunch of Wanna-Be Rapists and Murderers.

I did not say the fanbase. I was referring to the bands themselves. Throughout the history of Black Metal there have been inter-band murders, rapes, suicides etc etc. You cannot dispute that fact.
Octopod
Next-Gen

by Octopod Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:40 pm

jeffro11 wrote:
GSZX1337 wrote:Then you're full of shit. You imply that the whole Black Metal fan base is a bunch of Wanna-Be Rapists and Murderers.

I did not say the fanbase. I was referring to the bands themselves. Throughout the history of Black Metal there have been inter-band murders, rapes, suicides etc etc. You cannot dispute that fact.

There has been one case of inter band murder, one suicide and I know of no cases of rape. What about other forms of music? How many murders has there been in say rap?

And that murder and suicide happened in what, the late 80's or very ealry 90's?
Last edited by Octopod on Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:41 pm

jeffro11 wrote:I did not say the fanbase. I was referring to the bands themselves. Throughout the history of Black Metal there have been inter-band murders, rapes, suicides etc etc. You cannot dispute that fact.

Okay, I fucked up and misread your post. Either way, you're still full of shit. There's a Christian Black Metal scene (also called White Metal) devoted to be the exact opposite of:
The way I see it is these people are the fucked up individuals who haven't murdered/raped anyone yet.

Also, I'm sure Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, and Immortal are full of hardened Criminals. :roll:
jeffro11
128-bit

by jeffro11 Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:44 pm

Far too many that's for damn sure. There's murders corresponding to any genre of music.
MY whole issue is when the bands sing/rap/scream about killing, death, murder, bestiality, the list goes on, at what point do you think to yourself, "why the hell am I listening to this?"
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever