Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
AppleQueso

Re: Black metal

by AppleQueso Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:11 pm

DURR U GIES ARE STUPID BLACK METAL IS FORZ 15 YEAR OLDS HURF

Octopod wrote:Sigh is a Japanese band aren't they?

I love a lot of Japanese punk and hardcore but have never really heard any Japanese BM.

yup, all the more reason to check them out.

I'd try and find Hail Horror Hail to start with. I think that album is a nice representation of what you can expect from them, sound wise.
Kid Dracula
64-bit

by Kid Dracula Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:21 pm

AppleQueso wrote:DURR U GIES ARE STUPID BLACK METAL IS FORZ 15 YEAR OLDS HURF

Case n' point. :lol: But really, I'm not saying it's just for 15 year olds just when I got out of it. Chillax bro.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:22 pm

Kid Dracula wrote:

Case n' point. :lol: But really, I'm not saying it's just for 15 year olds just when I got out of it. Chillax bro.

I'd probably wager that if that's all you ever got out of it then you never really liked it much to begin with.
Kid Dracula
64-bit

by Kid Dracula Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:24 pm

AppleQueso wrote:
Kid Dracula wrote:

I'd probably wager that if that's all you ever got out of it then you never really liked it much to begin with.

Probably not.
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:07 pm

I dislike black metal for the same reason I dislike lofi. It's all style over substance.

I know it sounds bizarre, but it's trendy to like this sort of music that is shit on purpose. That somehow makes it much better than the sum of it's parts. It isn't.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Niode wrote:I dislike black metal for the same reason I dislike lofi. It's all style over substance.

I know it sounds bizarre, but it's trendy to like this sort of music that is shit on purpose. That somehow makes it much better than the sum of it's parts. It isn't.

I don't think you know shit about the genre. The fact that you seriously believe that lo-fi is a defining aspect of it at all tells me all I need to know.
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:10 pm

AppleQueso wrote:
Niode wrote:I dislike black metal for the same reason I dislike lofi. It's all style over substance.

I don't think you know shit about the genre. The fact that you seriously believe that lo-fi is a defining aspect of it at all tells me all I need to know.

Read my post again.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:13 pm

the "lo-fi" comment was in response to your "shit on purpose" comment.

Again, you don't know anything about the genre, what makes it appealing, or what its merits are. You just continue to spit out your naive perceptions of it, claim it's just "trendy", and then go as far as to claim that people that like it are just being trendy themselves.

Newsflash, not all black metal is minimalist (minimalism, a concept you don't seem to grasp well regarding this music at all), and not all black metal is intentionally recorded poorly.
corn619
Next-Gen

by corn619 Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:14 pm

When I was younger I tried to listen to some, but just couldn't relate or understand the music. My life has plenty of unwanted darkness so I try to listen to music with a more positive jive to it for the most part. I can still get down with some metal bands like Machine Head and Deftones. Hell, I'll even throw some Slipknot on from time to time.

But music like black metal just depresses me for the most part. I just can't get into that stuff. I'm not trying to bust anyones balls but, what do you find enjoyable about black metal? Why do you listen to it? Just a question of curiousity, I'm not trying to start a arguement. People listen to music for many reasons, whats your reason for liking black metal? And how do you relate to the lyrics? Theres some pretty fucked up lyrics in that stuff.
Niode
Next-Gen

by Niode Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:20 pm

AppleQueso wrote:the "lo-fi" comment was in response to your "shit on purpose" comment.

Again, you don't know anything about the genre, what makes it appealing, or what its merits are. You just continue to spit out your naive perceptions of it, claim it's just "trendy", and then go as far as to claim that people that like it are just being trendy themselves.

Newsflash, not all black metal is minimalist (minimalism, a concept you don't seem to grasp well regarding this music at all), and not all black metal is intentionally recorded poorly.

Don't lecture me on what I do or don't know about music. I teach music to make a fucking living. So take your naive perceptions about my music knowledge and shove them up your self righteous ass hole.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever