Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: Official Racketboy Suggestion Forum Thread

by marurun Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:52 am

My personal opinion is that we shouldn't do a charity unless there is a community reason to do so. Which is not to say that we shouldn't all be charitable in our lives, but now that our community is a little less active in some ways, there are fewer instances of tragedy that touch directly on the community that compel our support. In recent years it has also tended to come together at the last minute, meaning it becomes kind of a mess to sort out. I think if a community charity auction/drive is going to work, we need to have a viable individual or cause identified much earlier in the fall.

Despite the rough patches in recent years, I am grateful to those who have stepped up to organize and participate, especially Anapan. But I think maybe we should take a year off and reflect on how we really want this kind of thing to look and operate when and if we attempt to do it next year.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:57 am

I think that sounds good personally. From a different perspective, give people more of a chance to build up reserves of items to post for auction :)
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:12 pm

marurun wrote:Despite the rough patches in recent years, I am grateful to those who have stepped up to organize and participate, especially Anapan. But I think maybe we should take a year off and reflect on how we really want this kind of thing to look and operate when and if we attempt to do it next year.

+1

A lot of the years, I feel like we started way too late. I always felt that we should start prepping way earlier in the year.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sat May 18, 2019 7:12 pm

The mobile version of the forum is missing a jump to last post button that the desktop site has. It's rather annoying. Any chance on adding it? Unless it already exists and I'm just missing it.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sun May 19, 2019 5:33 am

Ziggy587 wrote:The mobile version of the forum is missing a jump to last post button that the desktop site has. It's rather annoying. Any chance on adding it? Unless it already exists and I'm just missing it.

You can do this in the mobile version... Sort of. You can jump to the first unread post in a thread by touching the little page icon underneath the thread title. It doesn't send you to the last post but it does send you to the first unread.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sun May 19, 2019 6:35 am

That icon is only there if there are any unread posts. But take this thread for example. I had no unread posts in this thread, so my only option was to start at page 1.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever