Official Racketboy Suggestion Forum Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
slowslow325
Next-Gen

Re: Official Racketboy Suggestion Forum Thread

Post by slowslow325 »

The problem is, we still type the acronyms. You aren't going to stop, it's very convenient, especially when I'm talking to people who know the acronyms. But there are people that read over posts without participating that may not know the acronyms.

The argument is not whether we should use the acronyms, it's for a list of acronyms in form of a sticky. The acronyms are used whether you like it or not, but some people still want to read it.

It could also include other terminology such as S-Video, VGA, Component Cable, HD, 4:3, 16:9, RF, RCA, LAN, RROD, YLOD, LCD, CRT, etc.. Also console acronyms: GCN, NES, SNES, TG-16, PS2, etc.

I don't know if you realize this, but there is a character limit when typing titles. "Want to Buy PacMan World 2/Pacman Vs. for Gamecube Complete In Box" will not fit, whereas "WTB: Pacman World 2/Pacman VS. for GCN CIB" will.

And I don't know about you, but having to read through "For Sale" or "Want to Trade For" before the actual title isn't convenient.
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

What about a section for imports?

:lol:
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

To whomever suggested moving "whatever" to the bottom and creating a "general gaming" thread, thank you.

I often see a plethora of "music, tv, and movies" threads. Maybe combine these into an "Other Media" thread.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Luke wrote:To whomever suggested moving "whatever" to the bottom and creating a "general gaming" thread, thank you.

I often see a plethora of "music, tv, and movies" threads. Maybe combine these into an "Other Media" thread.

Actually, I don't think anyone recommended that particular move -- I just threw it there when I shuffled stuff around -- made sense since it wasn't gaming related.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Well, in that case, thanks to Racketboy.
darthmunky
Next-Gen

Post by darthmunky »

I know the forums have recently been revamped but in my opinion, they should be more basic. Simple = good. Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

General
--------
Whatever
General Gaming
Retro Gaming News
Together Retro
Podcast
Reviews
Game Rooms

Marketplace
------------
Buy/Sell/Trade
Game Deals
Auctions

The Garage
-----------
Technical Help
Hacks and Mods
Archiving
Emulation

Platforms
---------
Microsoft
Sony
Nintendo
Sega
PC
Other
- Check out my Trade List
- Check out my Want List
- My GameTZ feedback
- My eBay feedback
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

I think there should be a section on what consists of a game system.

I am always shopping fleamarkets and thrift stores and I find A/V cables and controllers and such.

We need pics of the parts that make together a system.

I'm kinda good at putting together systems out of loose parts.

but for the more rarer systems I know nothing of them.

Also I wish to know how to assemble a 32x or Sega CD system or Jaguar. I find parts all the time and I've learned that they have special accesories as well. Having pics helps!

I am also finding loose pieces of wireless accesories for all the Rockband/Guitar Hero games. But I dont know if they are for the PS2/PS3, XBOX/360, or Wii

So it would helpImmensly if there were pics, so that if I see them out in the "wild," I would know if they belong to certain consoles.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Ok all this advertisement threads are getting a bit annoying.

Imo there should be a requirement for making new threads. Like 2 weeks being a registered user, and 20-50 posts made. I'm part of another forum, which had a big problem with spammers and this helped a lot
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Post by pepharytheworm »

racketboy wrote:
Luke wrote:To whomever suggested moving "whatever" to the bottom and creating a "general gaming" thread, thank you.

Actually, I don't think anyone recommended that particular move -- I just threw it there when I shuffled stuff around -- made sense since it wasn't gaming related.

I just read this and how dare you sir :evil: I have suggested this since I have joined, heres the last time I suggested before the change dated april.
Like I have said 10,000 times make a seperate "general video game" and "whatever" forum, that would get rid of tons of clutter and streamline the site.

I was always shot down because the mods didn't want to have to clean up the old threads.
Not really mad by the way. :mrgreen:
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

May I suggest members include in their signatures a link to their Buy/Sell/Trade thread and maybe even their Game Room Pictures thread?

I just updated my signature while abiding to the 4 lines of signature rule.

Just an idea.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad