Re: Official Racketboy Suggestion Forum Thread

Post by racketboy »

So just the content/Wordpress end?
It works for me
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

noiseredux wrote:I've never used that Search. Always the one on the Forum. Up top...

User Control Panel - 0 new messages - Search - Members - IRC Chat - Show New Posts

I always forget that is there. This one works fine. It's just the top right box that has the issues.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

The top search box is working for me now (just checked) but it hasn't been working for the past few days.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

When I posted above, the search bar was working for me on my work computer.

I just got home and checked, it still isn't working. I'm getting the same results that I have been for about a week now.

search bar error.JPG

My work computer is a Win7 machine and I was using Chrome. At home, I'm also using Win7 but with FireFox. FWIW.

As for the side conversation: I like using both search functions. It all depends. If I want to quickly find my burning guide thread, I can simply put "burning guide" in the top bar and it'll be on the first page of results. If I use the forum search function (which I have to right now since the bar isn't working) I have to type "burning" in the keyword box, type "ziggy587" in the username box, then select search topic titles only, then select return results as threads.

The forum search is VERY useful though. Some things can be found easier that way than the search bar, but that's why I use both.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Ziggy587 wrote:When I posted above, the search bar was working for me on my work computer.

I just got home and checked, it still isn't working. I'm getting the same results that I have been for about a week now.

search bar error.JPG

My work computer is a Win7 machine and I was using Chrome. At home, I'm also using Win7 but with FireFox. FWIW.

I'm on Chrome on Windows 8 at work and Chrome on Windows 7 at home.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I just checked it again at work, and now it's not working (same results I get at home).
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Weird -- I wonder if the Google Site Search changed/broke.
Will talk to my developer
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

We desperately need to get the racketboy group on steam to become a curator. I think it would help gain more exposure to the steam group and also to the site, but also be a nice compendium of games that we would recommend old and new that our members may enjoy. Just a thought.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Site Access Issues
I could not access Racketboy either the Forums or the Front Page for the last few days. Even going thru Google instead of my favorites link would only get me to a "General Error" screen. I noticed some can still get online evidenced by the date of some recent posts. Some serious withdraws not accessing the Forums!

Does anyone else have issues trying to get online Racketboy with a PC? :?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

No one could access the site until earlier this morning - it was down across the board for a couple of days.