Official Racketboy Suggestion Forum Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: Official Racketboy Suggestion Forum Thread

Post by Hobie-wan »

lisalover1 wrote:I've said it before, and I'll say it again; this forum NEEDS spoiler tags. While you're at it, throw in strikethrough text, as well.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=35301
Mebbe?
MrAfterFx
16-bit

Post by MrAfterFx »

I know there is an exeption for xbl and psn banners. So how about this steam banners!!!
I am a hardcore Pc gamer and love to play online Battlefield 2 an hour a day. So why not show off your account?
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

I think that allowing big text signatures with more links and stuff is fine as long as they are kept inside those spoiler boxes so as to avoid clutter.

Anyways, what about some kind of forum or topic so if someone wants to play an old game online they know who has it? For example, I recently got Total Annihilation. Finding opponents is probably very hard with no matchmaking support and it's a shame to not be able to play them because of that.

In that thread I could see if someone also has TA and see if they want to play it sometime. I'm pretty sure many have games that they would want to play online with someone of the forum.

If a forum gets made we could also put warstories where the players comment on the match they just played and that stuff.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
MrAfterFx
16-bit

Post by MrAfterFx »

I second that great idea! I own alot of classic pc games and I would enjoy playing them with members of this site!
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

General_Norris wrote:In that thread I could see if someone also has TA and see if they want to play it sometime. I'm pretty sure many have games that they would want to play online with someone of the forum.

Make a "Total Annihilation meetups" thread in the PC section. We have ones for Borderlands, Lost Planet 2, and some other games in those sections.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

Hobie-wan wrote:Make a "Total Annihilation meetups" thread in the PC section. We have ones for Borderlands, Lost Planet 2, and some other games in those sections.

It's an example, I haven't played it yet. I just think that having a centraliced forum for this stuff could be handy...

Or redundant and a waste! :lol:
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

General_Norris wrote:
Hobie-wan wrote:Make a "Total Annihilation meetups" thread in the PC section. We have ones for Borderlands, Lost Planet 2, and some other games in those sections.

It's an example, I haven't played it yet. I just think that having a centraliced forum for this stuff could be handy...

Or redundant and a waste! :lol:

No I too think this is a great idea. New members who haven't been here when these threads have started will find one sub-forum where they can find a bunch of people to play a bunch of games with. Plus we can talk about online stories on those threads.

And as everyone has mentioned, freaking spoiler tags, so I can link images without having to download them and resize them myself.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

lisalover1 wrote:I've said it before, and I'll say it again; this forum NEEDS spoiler tags. While you're at it, throw in strikethrough text, as well.

If I had access to the FTP this would have been added a long-ass time ago.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Niode wrote:

If I had access to the FTP this would have been added a long-ass time ago.

someone hurry up and give Niode FTP access
christoph
Next-Gen

Post by christoph »

Would it be difficult to implement a legitimate feedback system?