Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
mimi85

Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself!

by mimi85 Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:42 am

nullPointer wrote:
mimi85 wrote:Hi

My Name is Michaela and I am a (almost) 33 years old gaming Freak from Germany.

I have been playing for 20 years now.
I am a big RPG and shmups fan.

If there are some questions, ask.

Welcome mimi85!

Being as you invited questions, I figured I'd ask a couple of random ones.

As a shmups fan, what system would you say had the highest number of quality shmups, and (if you feel so inclined), why?

and

As an RPG fan, who would you pick as your your all time favorite character in a JRPG (and again, if you feel inclined, why)?

There are no right or wrong answers obviously. :)

Shmups System:
Honestly, I dont have a Pc engine or a PCE Duo. So my favorite shmups System is my Sega Saturn, followed by Ps1 (able to Play japanese games).

Saturn: If your console is capable of playing imports you can choice of a great variety of shmups. My hidden gem is Metal Black
Ps1: Zanac X Zanac and I really like Gaiaseed

Favorite RPG character: Honeystly, I have not thought about this till now. I have no Special character in mind. But I played Radiata stories recently and the characters seem to be very charismatic.
nullPointer
128-bit

by nullPointer Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:26 pm

mimi85 wrote:Shmups System:
Honestly, I dont have a Pc engine or a PCE Duo. So my favorite shmups System is my Sega Saturn, followed by Ps1 (able to Play japanese games).

Saturn: If your console is capable of playing imports you can choice of a great variety of shmups. My hidden gem is Metal Black
Ps1: Zanac X Zanac and I really like Gaiaseed

Favorite RPG character: Honeystly, I have not thought about this till now. I have no Special character in mind. But I played Radiata stories recently and the characters seem to be very charismatic.

Great answers! I have to agree with you on the Sega Saturn shmups library; it's simply incredible both in depth and breadth. Racketboy ran a really nice article on the subject a while back. I've always meant to explore the PCE shmups library more deeply! It has a really good reputation, but I've never delved into it. Too many games and not enough time!

For my part I really like the character of Vivi in Final Fantasy IX. While the game itself is not without issues (though I enjoy it all the same), I really appreciate how Vivi is sort of a character study in existentialism. In a genre filled with brooding amnesiac, world-saving teens, it's nice to see these sorts of oddball divergences inviting slightly deeper character analysis. :D

Welcome once again!
TokiXToki

by TokiXToki Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:19 pm

Hello everyone!

Been such a long time since I ventured into the world of forums. Set up my first website/forums with some friends called Game Groove...almost 17 years ago in high school.
Actually...I just Wayback Machined it! Here is what is left of the site https://web.archive.org/web/20010517011406/http://psgamegroove.cjb.net/

Those buttons you are missing on the left were prime early 2000s flash animated bubbles.

Honestly, I am getting back into it mainly because I started an apparel business based around gaming. Definitely hoping it will take off so I can start recollecting all the gems I had sold years ago.

Favourite Retro Games: River City Ransom \ Phantasy Star Online \ Final Fantasy III
Favourite Retro Console: Dreamcast

See you all around.
●●● NEVER FORGET THE GAMES THAT MADE US ●●●
                        http://www.toki-x-toki.com

Image toki.goldenage     Image toki.goldenage
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:52 pm

Awesome site (and great taste!). Welcome to the forums! Stay a while...stay FOREVER!
Eckony

by Eckony Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:27 am

Greetings everyone!

I've finally decided to join after lurking for a couple of months, partly because this seems like a fun community and partly because I really like the idea of the Together Retro's. I haven't been retrogaming long, so I haven't played most of the classics but hopefully that will change over time. :)

I'm currently playing through the Metal Gear Solid franchise (currently playing 3), which is fun and over-the-top except for the couple of minute waits each time you're discovered. But I imagine Naked Snake more as a Johnny English type of spy. :D
Chalpie

by Chalpie Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Hey! Last month I've been looking for game ideas, what could i purchase for some of the retro consoles and found out about this forum,
Last night i decided to register, i love the design and i've found some helpful information through the weeks i've been around.

Especially the retro games and movies topics, also music. I've noticed some friend material people over here :roll:
Arenegeth
24-bit

by Arenegeth Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:50 pm

I've been lurking on this forum for years, but I finally decided to make an account as my focus between retro and modern gaming started to shift more towards retro recently and I'd like to get some more info/discussion on retro gaming.

I think the best way to learn a game is by playing it, so this introduction should be good enough, you'll get a better idea of who I am by reading my posts over time than anything I can say about myself from the off.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever