New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy

Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Post by Ziggy »

TheEagleXIII wrote:Buried in a cupboard somewhere we have her original SNES, my original Game Boy, and, criminally, my Dreamcast. I've wanted to hook it up for years but for some reason I've just never got round to it.

Welcome! Those are some great console, too good to keep buried away somewhere!
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Woah! New people coming to our dusty tavern! Howdy, y'all.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Welcome to the racketboy forums SheepGoat and Eagle XIII. Stick around for a while. We're a pretty good crew.
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

Been a long time since I've posted on here. How is everyone doing these days?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Sano wrote:Been a long time since I've posted on here. How is everyone doing these days?

Hey! Always nice to see a long time member find their way back. What have you been up to?

Also, shameless plug, but but the 2019 Racketboy Charity Auction is running right now!
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Sano wrote:Been a long time since I've posted on here. How is everyone doing these days?

Good to see you back, Sano!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Hey,

I've been looking for a gaming community to join for a while. I've been lurking around here for a bit, and this one seems to be the best as it has a focus on vintage gaming which mostly aligns with my taste, but it doesn't shy away from the newer stuff as well. I was also following the few articles from this site for the past while.

I've taken up gaming again in June. I was a hardcore gamer until university, but I kind of "overdosed" on them, mostly because I took 2 years of a video game programming type of computer science degree. I then took up films. I've seen a little over 8000 of them now, but feel like I'm "done" with them, except for the new releases that peak my interest once in a while.

Admittedly I am running a youtube channel of me reviewing video games, but I am not registering here to promote that. I'd rather establish myself as an active user in a friendly community. If any people look up my stuff from that, it will be from a more sincere curiosity. Although I did notice that there's a game reviews subsection here. I may post there of anything I'm proud of in the future when I am a more established user.

Can't wait to chat with you all!
marurun

Post by marurun »

Welcome and Happy New Year! Sounds like you'll be a good fit with our general forum climate.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

'Sup?

I stumbled across the Racket Boy main page a couple of months ago when I came across some of the guides for the Genesis and Saturn in a web search one day (hey I'm a Sega guy). I can't say that I'd ever see myself signing up for game forums in 2020 (but I did join Sega-16 earlier this year too) but this seems like a very cool place as well. I've been gaming for a while and never stopped (even w/a family all the general adulting) since I got my first system, a 7800. Though I really enjoy the modern stuff between my XB1, Switch, and PS4; once the Analogue Mega SG came out I decided to start picking up Genesis games again. I'm still kicking myself for not getting back to this earlier...it definitely would have been a lot cheaper :lol:. Sooo over the course of maybe last fall or so I've picked up 47 Genesis games to add to my original 8 and even a few Sega CD games as well. This then sort of spilled over to getting back into Saturn collecting as well and I've picked up 6 games for that as well. There's still a bunch of mission creep here since I've been driving all over my state (VA) hunting for classic Sega stuff, I picked up some Dreamcast, PS2, XBox, WiiU, or NGC stuff I may have missed back in the day as I've come across them. Honestly, becoming a regular in some local shops has been really cool as I get to know the owners and chop it up w/them when I can. I've also been hitting up friends, co-workers, game shops that ship, slogging through eBay (ummm yay), and this year I finally started attending Cons (until everything sort of stopped). All on top of still trying to keep up w/all of the modern releases, mini-consoles, and etc...so fun times. Anyways, I've rambled on for a bit...but I look forward to hanging around for a bit :D
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Welcome to Racketboy!

So, you've made it far enough down the rabbit hole that you're now joining forums? :lol:

Do you own any classic Nintendo consoles? NES, SNES, N64? Or just classic Sega?