New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
kryode

Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Post by kryode »

Hey! I'm Shri, a 14 year old music producer from the US who also loves retro video games. I'm a really big Nintendo fan, and I own a Wii, a Switch, and a Super Nintendo. I also own a Walkman with a few cassettes. I'm going to try and expand my collection this summer (because currently I only have SMW2: Yoshi's Island) and possibly get a flashcart (an EverDrive or SD2SNES if you will) as well as some titles that use special chips (Star Fox, Super Mario RPG, etc.).

As for the music, I produce a lot of lo-fi hip hop, some future bass, breakbeat/uk garage, and a lot of other gernes. I tend to always put in something chiptune in my songs (usually a square wave made for an arp).

You can check out my music here https://soundcloud.com/kryode

I hope to be active here and show off some stuff here.
:D
[music producer // graphic designer // video game nerd]
[[url]about.me/kryode[/url]]
Nert
8-bit

Post by Nert »

14 years old and playing SNES? Atta boy, welcome to the boards
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Welcome aboard, Kyrode!

Sounds like you’re at a perfect point for a SNES flashcart. A lot of us (myself included) snapped up big collections of SNES carts back when they were priced reasonably. If I was getting into SNES for the first time today, then I would just skip straight to an SD2SNES for sure.

Glad to hear that fourteen-year-olds still appreciate the classics. If you love the Super Nintendo, try out a Sega Genesis some time. It’s like the counterpart to a SNES from the dark side of the force. 8)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I prefer the dark side of blast processing myself :)
Nert
8-bit

Post by Nert »

Now now, let's not forget about the little PC engine that could :lol:
Ack

Post by Ack »

noiseredux wrote:I prefer the dark side of blast processing myself :)

Yeah, and in a month, you'll prefer a Turbo Duo instead!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Ack wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I prefer the dark side of blast processing myself :)

Yeah, and in a month, you'll prefer a Turbo Duo instead!

I had a TG16 back then as well. I always preferred Genny when it came to 16bit era.
MegaJ
8-bit

Post by MegaJ »

Hi! I'm a long time real life friend of Alienjesus here, I've been aware of this place for ages but finally decided to sign up. I could do with more friendly online social interaction! And social interaction in general!

I'm 29, from the UK, started gaming with the original Game Boy, then expanded to a NES as my first home console, even though it was probably about late SNES/early N64 era at the time! So I have a deep love of a variety of different eras of gaming, and Nintendo's always been my top from day one, though it's anything I can get my hands on now, especially retro and unusual! I love weird games too. Wario Land, Zelda, Pikmin and MOTHER are among my favourite series, and I love Suda51 games and JRPGs in general, grindiness and all.

I've dabbled in game development a lot in the past, with limited success (coding, graphics and music are hard by myself!) and it's still a goal of mine to release an RPG Maker game of some sort. Made on the 2000 or 2003 editions of the maker, of course I wouldn't be normal about it. They feel simpler and more classic to me, more in keeping with the kind of stuff I want to make!

I also started a YouTube gaming channel a few years back... worked for three months or so on my first big video, then immediately burned out on it. I still entertain the idea of going back to it and making new videos in a less work intensive way. It's here if you'd like a look- https://www.youtube.com/theMegaJshow I'm proud of it and slightly embarrassed of it at the same time. Video quality's hit and miss, I was mostly using pretty basic hardware and teaching myself editing/video stuff as I went.

Outside of gaming, I'm a big fan of cartoons in general- Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Clarence and The Real Ghostbusters are some favourites. I only tend to watch a fairly small handful of anime series, but the ones I do watch I get completely obsessed about. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure became a way of life for me after watching it, and Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor is only a little further behind that too.

Consoles currently owned are: Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, NES, SNES, Sega Mega Drive, Game Gear, N64, PSP, Playstation 1/2/3/Vita, Xbox 360 (not currently working) Atari 2600, Dreamcast, DS, 3DS, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Pokemon Mini, OUYA, Switch, Retron 5 (if you wanna count that)

There is more weirdness about me. That's enough for now.

My Nintendo Switch friend code is SW-0916-3702-7699, and my Backloggery is https://www.backloggery.com/Stathio
Feel free to add me!

Chaotic Good alignment! :D
Image Image
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Hey dude, welcome aboard!
marurun

Post by marurun »

Alignment is so last edition, bro! ;)

Welcome!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.