New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Syndicate
32-bit

Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Post by Syndicate »

Ziggy587 wrote:Welcome to Racketboy!

So, you've made it far enough down the rabbit hole that you're now joining forums? :lol:

Do you own any classic Nintendo consoles? NES, SNES, N64? Or just classic Sega?

Thanks! I only have a N64 that I was gifted by a friend and he included Mario 64, Goldeneye, and Killer Instinct Gold so some solid stuff. I actually got it for my oldest son since he's really interested in it. I'll pick some stuff up for it maybe this summer. I don't really have a big thing for the classic Big N stuff (not consoles but I do have a GameBoy Pocket and GameBoy Color though). I know the NES and SNES both have tons of hits and classics but haven't felt inclined...yet to hunt down games like I do the Sega stuff :lol:. I do have a NES Classic and SNES Classic to scratch the itch though and I've also given serious thought to buying a Super NT so I'll see where that goes :lol:.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Syndicate wrote:'Sup?

I stumbled across the Racket Boy main page a couple of months ago when I came across some of the guides for the Genesis and Saturn in a web search one day (hey I'm a Sega guy). I can't say that I'd ever see myself signing up for game forums in 2020 (but I did join Sega-16 earlier this year too) but this seems like a very cool place as well.

Also wanted to say welcome to Racket Boy! I'm a big Sega fan too and have been picking up mostly 16-bit games the past few years. But it's great that another person into Sega is on the forums. I also registered for Sega-16 earlier this year, but I couldn't get my account activated by the admins to post. Anyway, glad to have another member on the forum.

Look forward to discussing everything Sega and video game related!
nicw

Post by nicw »

Hi,

it's my first post here!

I'm more a 16-bit guy, in the sense that my first gaming opportunity has been on the Amiga (an A500+), when I was 9. After few time I realized I also enjoyed creating my own games!
Few years later I got also an A1200 and many year later I purchased also an used A2000 (even if it was much less powerful, I had to have it!)

I love retro-games and retro hardware too, as I feel there was much more low level optimization, than today.

I'm also developing an open source retro gaming console, as I always dreamed of designing my own gaming hardware, where I can develop my own games :).

Cheers

Nicola (next-hack)
next-hack.com
SajiNoYoNi

Post by SajiNoYoNi »

Been foruming for 10 years now, ever since I got an internet connection worth a darn.

I'm a singer/songwriter, avid gamer (since 1987) and general appreciator of aesthetics.

I have severe social anxiety which I thought would go away once I was nearing 40 and typically get told that I don't look like I'm nearing 40. Hello, human people!

Edit: The Screen Name means "Very much like a spoon" in Japanese. "Saji" is the word for "ceramic soup spoon," whereas a piece of silverware is referred to as its English variant ("supun"). Aka "spooniest."
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

So you're a spoony bard, huh?
marurun

Post by marurun »

o.pwuaioc wrote:So you're a spoony bard, huh?

The very spooniest, were I to wager
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BomberDino
8-bit

Post by BomberDino »

Hi! I was a dedicated gamer from C64 through Dreamcast. I didn't own the NES or Master System, but played them all the time at friends' houses. My favorite is the Sega Saturn. This virus allowed me some time to start where I left off. Currently on the GameCube.

I am sort of an AssemblerGames refugee, but I wasn't active for many years now.

I like hard and fast lists like Top Tens. I always thought the older eras were nicely structured and well-defined. 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit. Recently I don't mind waddling in gray areas, though. Were things really well-defined? What about the TurboGrafx 16?

I enjoy heated discussions between hobbyists. To me, XBOX vs Playstation is no more or less trivial than debates between supporters of opposing political parties or sports teams. If you can hate someone for being a Man U fan, then why can't you hate someone for being a Sega Genesis fan?

I have an on-again, off-again relationship with emulation. Currently off.

I wonder if there are any other Saturn fanatics from Maryland here.
Syndicate
32-bit

Post by Syndicate »

BomberDino wrote:Hi! I was a dedicated gamer from C64 through Dreamcast. I didn't own the NES or Master System, but played them all the time at friends' houses. My favorite is the Sega Saturn. This virus allowed me some time to start where I left off. Currently on the GameCube.

I am sort of an AssemblerGames refugee, but I wasn't active for many years now.

I like hard and fast lists like Top Tens. I always thought the older eras were nicely structured and well-defined. 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit. Recently I don't mind waddling in gray areas, though. Were things really well-defined? What about the TurboGrafx 16?

I enjoy heated discussions between hobbyists. To me, XBOX vs Playstation is no more or less trivial than debates between supporters of opposing political parties or sports teams. If you can hate someone for being a Man U fan, then why can't you hate someone for being a Sega Genesis fan?

I have an on-again, off-again relationship with emulation. Currently off.

I wonder if there are any other Saturn fanatics from Maryland here.

...welcome aboard, I'm a big Saturn fan (well sort of Sega as a whole) as well. I'm not from Maryland though, I from the state just to the south of you :lol:
TrashPanda

Post by TrashPanda »

Hi, just another nineties kid here looking to chat about games! My first home console was the CDI, so I know how cruel fate can be, but from there I got a Playstation, and on launch, the PS2 (my all-time favorite console, but mostly because of the backwards compatibility). I'm all about platformers, the occasional shmup (I'm not very good!) and have a love for the strange, unconventional, and downright weird games.

Oh, I'm also from the UK, the land where Ripto never Raged and everything displayed at 50hz.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Welcome! Trying to get into shmups too but am having trouble with their difficulty. Is there any you found that are good starting points?