New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
POOPIESkillz
8-bit

Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Post by POOPIESkillz »

IHey guys!

My name is Trevor. I am 23 and currently living in Miami, Florida with my girlfriend. I am a college student studying game design and I also have a YouTube channel which I haven't given much time or attention to yet. My first system was the SNES and I've had most of them since then over the years. My favorite of all time is actually the PlayStation 3, the big backwards compatible model. I'm unsure if I consider myself a collector. These days, I'm only interested in collecting the games I actually want to play. On the other hand, I am in love with collecting hardware like controllers and system variants. I love games from every genre and my guilty pleasures are online first person shooters like Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. But my favorite games of all time would be Mega Man Legends, Mega Man X, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Soul Blade/Soul Edge, and Dragon Quest Builders. There's too many games I love to reasonably name. The one thing I don't enjoy is PC gaming. It's just not for me. The only games I bought for PC are Oblivion and Morrowind because I want to make mods for them as game design practice.

Other than gaming, I love tech new and old. I've been learning about programming in BASIC just for fun. I've been looking at getting either a Tandy 1000, Commodore Vic-20, or Commodore 64. I'd prefer a 64 but it depends on the price. I also love fishing and living in south Florida, there is no shortage of excellent fishing. Freshwater, saltwater, and brackish are all plentiful. I am also fascinated with firearms both new and old. I'd love to culminate my knowledge of them that I've gathered over the years into a realistic first person shooter. I love watching football and used to watch a ton of basketball too.

I think that about covers it! Thank you, guys! This forum has been extremely welcoming and awesome thus far!

Anyway, thank you guys for having me! I really like this place and I plan on sticking around! I'm new to using internet forums in general so please excuse my growing pains! And thanks Ziggy587 for referring me to this thread!
I didn't know what to put for my signature, so I got you this box.
Ack

Post by Ack »

POOPIESkillz wrote: I'm unsure if I consider myself a collector. These days, I'm only interested in collecting the games I actually want to play. On the other hand, I am in love with collecting hardware like controllers and system variants.

Oh yeah, dude, you're a collector. Hardware gets you the title just as much as software!

Welcome aboard. I appreciate your taste in games, and while I'm sorry you don't know the glories of the PC master race, I'm still glad to see another FPS fan join up. If you could do me a favor and program a LeMat Revolver into an FPS, I'd greatly appreciate it.
POOPIESkillz
8-bit

Post by POOPIESkillz »

Ack wrote:
POOPIESkillz wrote:
Welcome aboard. I appreciate your taste in games, and while I'm sorry you don't know the glories of the PC master race, I'm still glad to see another FPS fan join up. If you could do me a favor and program a LeMat Revolver into an FPS, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Haha I actually have a book with all types of old revolvers and some early semi-auto handguns that goes into serious detail. I'd like to use that to help me integrate them into a game accurately. As far as guns like that go, I have an old Schofield replica that I want to made a model of when I try my hand at making an FPS in Unreal Engine. I've always kinda liked when even modern shooters like Battlefield 4 include old guns as free DLC just for fun like the Mare's Leg lever action rifle in .44 magnum. If I'm successful, I'll let you know when I throw a LeMat in there :D
I didn't know what to put for my signature, so I got you this box.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Sweet deal! I'm looking forward to it.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

POOPIESkillz wrote:My first system was the SNES

Me too!

POOPIESkillz wrote:I've been learning about programming in BASIC just for fun. I've been looking at getting either a Tandy 1000, Commodore Vic-20, or Commodore 64.

I was learning BASIC just for fun as well. If you haven't already seen it, check out this IDE for programming Commodore BASIC. I was thinking about getting a C64 for a while, but they were too pricey for me.

POOPIESkillz wrote:Anyway, thank you guys for having me! I really like this place and I plan on sticking around! I'm new to using internet forums in general so please excuse my growing pains! And thanks Ziggy587 for referring me to this thread!

You got it! And welcome again!
Musashi

Post by Musashi »

Hi. I'm from Argentina, and decided to register some days ago after reading some cool posts in the together retro section. I really like the vibe of the forum. I'm also trying to practice my English, and I think that the best way is to write about something I like!

I grow up in the late 80's-early 90's playing DOS games. But one day I borrowed a Genesis from a friend with Sonic 2. I really like how cool and fast that game was. There weren't any platforms like that on DOS (the closest was Jazz Jackrabbit). After that, in my teens, I had access to a CD with tons of Sega rooms and that was it! I was hooked.

Half of the time that I play games, I play retro games, mostly from the Nes-Genesis-Snes-PcEngine era. I like that action focused single player experience. There isn't too much story, or too much hustle. Just trying to beat a cool looking game.

The Sega Genesis/Megadrive is my favorite console. Is the one for which I collect the most.

I'm going to try to participate in the forum and sorry for my bad english.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Musashi wrote:Hi. I'm from Argentina, and decided to register some days ago after reading some cool posts in the together retro section. I really like the vibe of the forum. I'm also trying to practice my English, and I think that the best way is to write about something I like!

I grow up in the late 80's-early 90's playing DOS games. But one day I borrowed a Genesis from a friend with Sonic 2. I really like how cool and fast that game was. There weren't any platforms like that on DOS (the closest was Jazz Jackrabbit). After that, in my teens, I had access to a CD with tons of Sega rooms and that was it! I was hooked.

Half of the time that I play games, I play retro games, mostly from the Nes-Genesis-Snes-PcEngine era. I like that action focused single player experience. There isn't too much story, or too much hustle. Just trying to beat a cool looking game.

The Sega Genesis/Megadrive is my favorite console. Is the one for which I collect the most.

I'm going to try to participate in the forum and sorry for my bad english.

Welcome!
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Musashi wrote:The Sega Genesis/Megadrive is my favorite console. Is the one for which I collect the most.

Welcome to the racketboy forums, Musashi. Genesis is my favorite console too.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Hi, welcome to the forums. I think we work pretty hard to be an awesome place to chat games, and I hope it's working!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Musashi

Post by Musashi »

marurun wrote:Hi, welcome to the forums. I think we work pretty hard to be an awesome place to chat games, and I hope it's working!

samsonlonghair wrote:Welcome to the racketboy forums, Musashi. Genesis is my favorite console too.

noiseredux wrote:Welcome!

Thanks to all of you.