New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Alucard

Re: New Members: Introduce Yourself!

Post by Alucard »

Hello all,

Thought I stop in here and say hello to fellow “gaming enthusiasts”.

I’m an geezer gamer that still love to collect and play anything that could be interpreted as a “video game”. My first console was the Atari 2600 and about 80 games for it that I slaved an entire summmer mowing and keeping my neighbors yards clean. Once the “video game” got its hooks in me, it never let go.

Since the Atari 2600 (given away to my younger sibling) I’ve gotten the following:

Atari: Atari Jaguar and about 4 games (boot up once since new, never to touch it again, still inbox)
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD (launch version), Game Gear, Saturn, Dreamcast (too many games to list)
Nintendo: NES, SNES, every generation of the gameboy, DS, and 3DS. N64, Gamecube, Wii, WiiU, Switch
Microsoft: original Xbox, Xbox360, and Xbox1
NeoGeo: CDZ, color Neo pocket, and Neogeo Gold X
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PS4 Pro + PSVR, PsP, Vita
NEC: Turbo Duo
3DO: Panasonic FZ1

Again, way too many games to list them all lol. The only petpeeve I have with the newer generation of videogames are the Dlc and updates that constantly downloading. I do miss the days of popping in a cartridge or Cd and start playing :lol:

Keep on gaming :D
My meager collection https://www.flickr.com/photos/152642275@N06 still updating
Razgriz_410

Post by Razgriz_410 »

Hi everyone!

Sorry for it being my 4th post - I thought the forum didn't have an introduction section :oops: so, I'm Alexandre, 29, from Brussels, and a huge fan of the PS1 on which I have thousands of hours of good memories, be it on Command and Conquer, Soviet Strike, Crash Bandicoot/Bash/Team Racing, Gran Turismo... and I'm glossing over a lot of games! I grew up with that and the Game Boy Color, on which I played all of the Pokémon games I could lay my hands on, and I had a great naval battle game as well.

Later on, I became a full blown PC player, even if I had in the beginning a polyamorous relationship with the PS2 and Game Boy Advance, mostly because of the Advance Wars and Ace Combat series. (hell, my nickname's still Razgriz...)
What hooked me to the PC for good were strategy games (with the holy trilogy of the Red Alert, Hearts of Iron, and Wargame series) and flight games such as Il-2 Sturmovik, even if I'm mostly playing War Thunder now.
Apart from games, I like to do tabletop wargaming (WW2 and Cold War) and model kits.

Dirty secret : I've never finished a Zelda game since I'm terrible at them. I played something like 8 of them, and never, never ever have I finished one. Super accurate and hard RTS's? No problem. Flight simulators? ez. Zelda? Nope lol.
Mara

Post by Mara »

I'm a person from Finland that likes to play video games from time to time. I've been active in various forums over the years, but sadly these forums have died off due to popularity of Discord. While it is indeed a nice software, one part of me wants to keep going with good old fashioned discussion boards - which is why I am here now. My top favorites games include Deus Ex, MDK, Super C and Killing Floor 1. I have also played this really weird rhythm game called osu! for almost nine years and I still suck at it. Other honorable mentions goes to DOOM (old), L4D2 and Contra: Hard Corps.

I also like coffee. Like, a lot.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Mara wrote:I also like coffee. Like, a lot.

For a couple games on your list this is pretty much a requirement. Welcome to the boards!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Rydon
24-bit

Post by Rydon »

Welcome everyone!
Mara

Post by Mara »

marurun wrote:For a couple games on your list this is pretty much a requirement.

That is indeed true. Thanks!
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Mara wrote: I have also played this really weird rhythm game called osu! for almost nine years and I still suck at it.

Welcome, and cool to see another osu! player here! I also play (and suck at) osu! and other rhythm games :lol:
mimi85

Post by mimi85 »

Hi

My Name is Michaela and I am a (almost) 33 years old gaming Freak from Germany.

I have been playing for 20 years now.
I am a big RPG and shmups fan.

If there are some questions, ask.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

mimi85 wrote:Hi

Welcome mimi85!

Being as you invited questions, I figured I'd ask a couple of random ones.

As a shmups fan, what system would you say had the highest number of quality shmups, and (if you feel so inclined), why?

and

As an RPG fan, who would you pick as your your all time favorite character in a JRPG (and again, if you feel inclined, why)?

There are no right or wrong answers obviously. :)
mimi85

Post by mimi85 »

nullPointer wrote:
mimi85 wrote:Hi

Welcome mimi85!

Being as you invited questions, I figured I'd ask a couple of random ones.

As a shmups fan, what system would you say had the highest number of quality shmups, and (if you feel so inclined), why?

and

As an RPG fan, who would you pick as your your all time favorite character in a JRPG (and again, if you feel inclined, why)?

There are no right or wrong answers obviously. :)

Shmups System:
Honestly, I dont have a Pc engine or a PCE Duo. So my favorite shmups System is my Sega Saturn, followed by Ps1 (able to Play japanese games).

Saturn: If your console is capable of playing imports you can choice of a great variety of shmups. My hidden gem is Metal Black
Ps1: Zanac X Zanac and I really like Gaiaseed

Favorite RPG character: Honeystly, I have not thought about this till now. I have no Special character in mind. But I played Radiata stories recently and the characters seem to be very charismatic.