Did Pioneer ever make wristwatches?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Re: Did Pioneer ever make wristwatches?

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

CRTGAMER wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Well my player doesn't have a jog shuttle due to it's age, it's actually one of the first LD players with dual CLD-CAV and Dolby Surround modes!

For your reference since I know you're a big LD nut the model no is: CLD-1030

Also, here's a link with some more pics (Pics aren't mine and I'm located in the US, but it's the best I could find on google image search as for size and quality):
http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laser ... d-1030.htm

Nice machine. Very similar to my CLD-3070 and CLD-702. I wonder, a chance a Pioneer jog-shuttle remote would work on your machine? Your laser disc player basically has all the same functions of step, variable slow to fast, just not the actual jog-shuttle dial. Both my Laser remotes work with each other, but maybe because jog-shuttle are on the players. Something to maybe look for, if you find a Pioneer jog-shuttle remote cheap at swap meet, just might work.

Heh, cool.

Unfortunately I've never been to a swap meet before, what's it like?. I don't even know if there's any in NC!
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

CRTGAMER wrote:
nate wrote:I have a Snap~On Tools watch but they never made watches, it's a promotional item. something the y sell for gifts or possibly gave out to sales reps for good customer handouts. I'm shure you can find a Coca Cola or Marlboro watch too.
not trying to say it isn't cool or rare but I'd guess Pioneer had them made for promotional distribution.

I've seen that font with the big "P" on their car stereo for years.

Agree, maybe a promo collector's watch. Did your Dad have any Pioneer Home Video or Stereos?

Yup, the man bought himself one beast of a Hi-Fi receiver in like '87 that's still amazing with today's Pro-Logic II signals!
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Thanks for all the general info though, guys!

I tried registering on that watch site, but they need me to go through some approval test so it may be awhile before they get back to me and I can post.
My Consoles:

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:I wonder, a chance a Pioneer jog-shuttle remote would work on your machine? Your laser disc player basically has all the same functions of step, variable slow to fast, just not the actual jog-shuttle dial. Both my Laser remotes work with each other, but maybe because jog-shuttle are on the players. Something to maybe look for, if you find a Pioneer jog-shuttle remote cheap at swap meet, just might work.

Heh, cool.

Unfortunately I've never been to a swap meet before, what's it like?. I don't even know if there's any in NC!

Everywhere on weekends, usually at the old drive-in or stadium/sports arena. Between all the junk, sometimes you find some real treasures as in that PS1 DUAL ANALOG at my signature link. If you don't mind rummaging old stuff, Goodwill/Salvation Army another "Rare Video Game Find" source.

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Agree, maybe a promo collector's watch. Did your Dad have any Pioneer Home Video or Stereos?

Yup, the man bought himself one beast of a Hi-Fi receiver in like '87 that's still amazing with today's Pro-Logic II signals!

That watch has got to be an add-on promo now collectors watch. Priceless, because it was your fathers. Maybe when your Dad acquired the receiver, he got the watch at the same time, the era seems the same. If you don't mind me asking, the Laser Disc Player on your systems owned list, was that from your Mom and Dad too?

Love 80s Stereos the solid metal style and quality. I have an Aiwa, the cassette though rarely used now, ejects tapes like a car stereo. Puts out great sound and still kicking base with HD hooked up. REZ sounds great with a woofer on each side of you.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

h8b1llg8ts
128-bit

Post by h8b1llg8ts »

CRTGAMER wrote:
h8b1llg8ts wrote:Try posting here:

http://www.pocketcalculatorshow.com/nerdwatch/

Found a lot of info for my GCE Sports Time Watch. The watch I had as a kid but was stolen by Jack S. in the 2nd grade. For decades I thought it was a dream and there was no such watch but within 5min I had confirmation and my search was on.

A bunch of good guys ...

Wow some very cool Retro watches. I remember that Casio Calculator watch, okay, who else had one of those.
I have the blue Commodore LCD didn't know about the gold one listed.

Little off topic, h8b1llg8ts did you get that Saturn Flight Stick?

Not yet. My daughter's birthday is on Sunday and I've been busy. But not to busy to pick up two Dreamcast Keyboards for $6 though. Go figure ...
http://www.youtube.com/h8b1llg8ts

Making Love To You Was Never Second Best ...

Current set up: Onlive, 32 GB Wii U , Star Wars Edition Xbox 360, 60GB PS3, soft modded Blue Wii, Mountain Dew Edition Xbox, Indigo Gamecube w/ Gameboy Player, Neo Geo CDZ, Neo Geo X Gold, Sega Sports Edition Dreamcast, Skeleton Saturn.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

h8b1llg8ts wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Wow some very cool Retro watches. I remember that Casio Calculator watch, okay, who else had one of those.
I have the blue Commodore LCD didn't know about the gold one listed.

Little off topic, h8b1llg8ts did you get that Saturn Flight Stick?

Not yet. My daughter's birthday is on Sunday and I've been busy. But not to busy to pick up two Dreamcast Keyboards for $6 though. Go figure ...

A collector's work never done. :D
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

CRTGAMER wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:I wonder, a chance a Pioneer jog-shuttle remote would work on your machine? Your laser disc player basically has all the same functions of step, variable slow to fast, just not the actual jog-shuttle dial. Both my Laser remotes work with each other, but maybe because jog-shuttle are on the players. Something to maybe look for, if you find a Pioneer jog-shuttle remote cheap at swap meet, just might work.

Heh, cool.

Everywhere on weekends, usually at the old drive-in or stadium/sports arena. Between all the junk, sometimes you find some real treasures as in that PS1 DUAL ANALOG at my signature link. If you don't mind rummaging old stuff, Goodwill/Salvation Army another "Rare Video Game Find" source.

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Agree, maybe a promo collector's watch. Did your Dad have any Pioneer Home Video or Stereos?

That watch has got to be an add-on promo now collectors watch. Priceless, because it was your fathers. Maybe when your Dad acquired the receiver, he got the watch at the same time, the era seems the same. If you don't mind me asking, the Laser Disc Player on your systems owned list, was that from your Mom and Dad too?

Love 80s Stereos the solid metal style and quality. I have an Aiwa, the cassette though rarely used now, ejects tapes like a car stereo. Puts out great sound and still kicking base with HD hooked up. REZ sounds great with a woofer on each side of you.

Yeah, I hit goodwill and such as often as possible, but mine's pretty bad usually. I did find my current 5.1 Pioneer receiver there for $25 though, so I'm happy about that.

Ditto on the 80's stereos too, I love how most of their stuff feels and looks like it'll outlive me half the time. The LD player was my dad's too, at this point I'm guessing that he may have just gotten it with some receiver or other Hi-Fi equipment.

The one thing that's confusing me is that it has no way to adjust the analog clock face, only one button on each side for the digital one.
My Consoles:

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:That watch has got to be an add-on promo now collectors watch. Priceless, because it was your fathers. Maybe when your Dad acquired the receiver, he got the watch at the same time, the era seems the same. If you don't mind me asking, the Laser Disc Player on your systems owned list, was that from your Mom and Dad too?

Yeah, I hit goodwill and such as often as possible, but mine's pretty bad usually. I did find my current 5.1 Pioneer receiver there for $25 though, so I'm happy about that.

Ditto on the 80's stereos too, I love how most of their stuff feels and looks like it'll outlive me half the time. The LD player was my dad's too, at this point I'm guessing that he may have just gotten it with some receiver or other Hi-Fi equipment.

The one thing that's confusing me is that it has no way to adjust the analog clock face, only one button on each side for the digital one.

Maybe the knob on the left pulls out. Literally don't quote me though, hate for you to "Brick" your family watch. :wink:

Perhaps that website h8b1llg8ts pointed out, there are blogs in there.
http://pocketcalculatorshow.com/eve/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=1611011&f=4111001

Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

CRTGAMER wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:That watch has got to be an add-on promo now collectors watch. Priceless, because it was your fathers. Maybe when your Dad acquired the receiver, he got the watch at the same time, the era seems the same. If you don't mind me asking, the Laser Disc Player on your systems owned list, was that from your Mom and Dad too?

Maybe the knob on the left pulls out. Literally don't quote me though, hate for you to "Brick" your family watch. :wink:

Perhaps that website h8b1llg8ts pointed out, there are blogs in there.
http://pocketcalculatorshow.com/eve/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=1611011&f=4111001

Nope, just found out a second ago.

Basically you press the set button as if to set the digital face only twice then hold, then the digital face begins blinking, after that you simply hold down the mode button to fast forward the motorized hands and set the analog face.

Like I said above too, I made an account for that watch website earlier, but haven't been able to post yet thanks to some account authorization authorization bull they're trying to pull on me.
My Consoles:

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Basically you press the set button as if to set the digital face only twice then hold, then the digital face begins blinking, after that you simply hold down the mode button to fast forward the motorized hands and set the analog face.

Like I said above too, I made an account for that watch website earlier, but haven't been able to post yet thanks to some account authorization authorization bull they're trying to pull on me.

Very slick, that motorized analog hand setting function. A real quality collector's watch, pretty sure that website will add to your watch info to their site. Kinda silly having to go thru red tape, just to post knowledge to them.