Worst arcade experience

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Re: Worst arcade experience

Post by Pulsar_t »

I love going to the arcade.. Despite bloated credit pricing it's still cheaper than getting a Wii *snicker*
Ripped off? Maybe SegaSonic.. The trackball was MIGHTY uncomfortable to control.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
super_aggro_crag
8-bit

Post by super_aggro_crag »

REPO Man wrote:Time Traveler is also available for DVD.

yeah unfortunately i own that also. I have a knack for buying crappy stuff. So in my life time Time Travelers has cost me 10.75 more than it should have. If only i wasn't such a masochist. :lol:
Lifelong game obsession!
Atari 2600, Colecovision, NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhOgLD9tDU4

Damn I want this game now on MAME :lol:
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

I "Flew" in the best motion Arcade and also the worst.

I discovered motion chair in Space harrier and have yet to find another game with that sensitive of a response. Every bump of the controller would quickly bank the chair in the same direction.

Then played R360 motion sim a couple years later. Concept was brilliant had it responded like Space Harrier. Motion was random most of the time. Sometimes you would piviot upside down in 30 degree slow intervals. If only this "Gyroscope" game had worked the way it was first envisioned.

Sega R360. Crappy motion response.
http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=844

Space Harrier. The best Motion Chair.
Welcome to the Fantasy Zone, Get Ready!
http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=696&page=1#1840
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

I had always wanted to try out the R360 but it seemed a bit too much for me. Maybe a home port is in order? =P
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Pulsar_t wrote:I had always wanted to try out the R360 but it seemed a bit too much for me. Maybe a home port is in order? =P

My one day win the Lotto Dream Machine.

Combine user control aspect of Orbitron Workout Gyroscope.

With the response of Space harrier while
maintaining full 360 movement of R360.
Now THAT would be the Best Arcade Experience.

Opening movie of this game has the right idea.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

TheyCallMeTheSwede
128-bit

Post by TheyCallMeTheSwede »

CRTGAMER wrote:
Pulsar_t wrote:Opening movie of this game has the right idea.

Holy crap, I remembered that game!!! I used to rent that game back in the day
Top 101 Favorite Games of All Time

CURRENTLY OWNED: NES, SNES, GC, GB, GBA:SP, GEN, SAT, DC, PS2, PS3, PSP, X360, NGPC, Neo-Geo AES, PCE Duo, PS4, PSX, oXbox

$ALE: NOTTING!!! ABSORUTRY NOTTING!!!!!!

WANTED: CDX, 3DO, Amiga 32CD, Master System, Wii

Xbox Live: AHTNF
PSN: CallMeTheSwede

Be a pal, Check out my Photography
http://callmetheswede.deviantart.com
Lord_Santa
128-bit

Post by Lord_Santa »

I found out a couple of years ago (not having been to an arcade for... years) that the prices these days for 1 (!!!) credit is about 1.50$

needless to say; I spent a good deal of money, left and has not returned since, nor do I think I ever will

thank god for consoles.
C-64 will never die
- only the players
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Worst arcade experience: Returning to see my high score on Galaga erased. The entire scoreboard was reset.

Most awkward arcade experience: This happened last year on my local University campus. Next to the bowling alley, they actually have a decent arcade. So I played a few rounds of Marvel vs. Capcom, and dude wearing makeup and womens jeans pops in a quarter (into the cab) and now I'm playing against him. I forgot how close you are to another person when both playing on one cab. I almost wanted to lose just to get out of there.

Not that I had a problem with how he dressed, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, but overall the kid was really creepy.

Maybe my favorite arcade experience: Probably a toss up. Beating TMNT with the popular kids who were in high school when I was still in middle school was awesome. When I first got to high school, I already had a few friends that were Seniors.

The other was when I was really young at O'Hare airport. My Father let me roam, I found an arcade, and noticed that the Spy Hunter screen said "Press 1 or 2 players". Someone left at least 4 quarters in the cab. Nothing like free plays.